1 2

#1March 4th, 2010 · 03:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Doctor Who?
Hey I was just wondering if anyone here on the amp watches the new series of Doctor Who. It started back in 2005 and its just been getting more and more awesome. I don't want to give anything away as the 5 episodes that aired in 2009 weren't aired in America yet, but they were freaking epic and David Tennant made an amazing doctor. I wonder how this new 11th doctor will turn out with the new season and everything though.

I just like talking about doctor who and wondered if anyone else liked the show? (or even watched the series that was on from like 1963-89 or whatever it was)
#2March 4th, 2010 · 03:51 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
huge fan
Encountered the Dr back in the 60z in the black and white days when the set walls wobbled and the cybermen scared the crap outa me.
Loved the fact that besides the tardis his intellect the Dr's only weapon was an electronic screwdriver.
And the music ....well what can you say..
Link to wiki recording specs ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_theme_music

Tell the doctor we've been captured by the darleks.
Doctor Who?

#3March 4th, 2010 · 03:55 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I love watching the old classic episodes...I have seen a few of the black and white ones but mainly episodes with the 4th and 5th doctors. Tom Baker and Peter Davison i think?

Jelly Babies and sonic screwdrivers. wobbly dalek things with toilet plungers on their heads. classic stuff
I really like what they did with the new series so far, I think they have stuck quite nicely to the original premise and everything and have kept the old villains in tact. cybermen and daleks and all.

edit: Also, I freaking LOVE the doctor who theme music. its the best ever. the way it was created back in the 60s and how theyve kept it in tact with the new series (for the most part). best theme music ever.
#4March 4th, 2010 · 05:15 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Doctor... who?
The only doctor in the tele I know is Dr. House, and that guy is my idol. I'll probably write a song about that series. Best black humor ever!

> Iszil
#5March 4th, 2010 · 05:25 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
doctor who is a great ol british televesion series.
I want to write a song about the doctor who series as well. do it iszil! your really good at writing epic songs about tv series (take lost for an example...that freaking rocked)
#6March 20th, 2010 · 05:06 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I hadn't watched Dr Who for years... never seemed to get the time. BUT..........
.............. recently I was off sick from work (ahhhh), and this coincided with us getting a digital HD box for the TV (oooh).  One of the features of the TV package was being able to watch entire series that that had been saved by the media company - you guessed it, Dr Who was one of them.  So, I watched about 20 episodes of that and then went on to watch 3 series worth of Torchwood (very cool).
Another feature of the HD box is the ability to record to internal hard disk; as one of the TV channels is playing Dr Who every week-day, I've been recording and watching that.
So have I watched it.... oh yes!
Great show - but not to be taken seriously! lol
#7March 20th, 2010 · 05:48 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Where have I been...I hadn't seen this thread.
I remember John Pertwee a little but Tom Baker was my doctor as a child.
Did it all, hid behind cushions and the sofa, scared witless and loving it.
I did not get into the next doctor and kind of grew up and grew out of it until the new series, my son was about 10 and the bbc hyped the coming of a new doctor so much I checked it out and yes it was excellent.
So we both became big fans of the new series, every Saturday night and all the Christmas specials.

Do you get the Christmas specials?

Bring back Blake 7 I say , now they were real wobbly sets !
http://www.google.com/webhp#hl=en&source=hp&q=blake+7+youTube&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=blake+7+youTube&gs_rfai=&fp=1dc62da33e2ff469
#8March 29th, 2010 · 07:13 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
I remember John Pertwee a little but Tom Baker was my doctor as a child.

I share my birthday with Tom Baker (and my name's Tom aswell)

Yes I remember dr Who from my early youth, and I LOVE the tune. I've seen all Eccleston episodes but had to wait till the new series, then kinda lost track. I'm definately going to get my hands on the newer episodes, come time.

Oh.. and.. I used to go out wearing a stylish jacket, a black hat and a long colorful scarf, while my hair was all long and wavy (and dyed black but that's another story). Although unintentional, the outfit did resemble The Doctor ...

A fascinating series all in all..
#9March 30th, 2010 · 01:14 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
awesome kings! yeah i got all the christmas specials since the new series started. so epic.

lol no way puppet!!! awesome! definitely check out the david tennant episodes...hes by far my favorite doctor ever. i loved eccleston too though.

i love the series!!! new episodes (of the new season) start april 2nd in britain i believe
#10April 6th, 2010 · 06:58 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The new doctor who series started April 3rd in Britain and I was able to see the episode...HOLY AWESOMENESS!!!!

It looks like we're in for a real treat this season. Although David Tennant is probably my favorite doctor, this new one (Matt Smith) pulls it off quite nicely.   
#11April 12th, 2010 · 08:20 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The second episode of the new season aired this saturday (the 10th). It was awesome. I cant wait for more to come!!! (next episode the 17th)
#12April 26th, 2010 · 01:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The dalek episode was pretty cool but the one that came out this saturday was very very epic. Its a 2-parter as well, so we'll have to wait till next saturday to see the exciting conclusion.
DON'T BLINK.

#13April 27th, 2010 · 04:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheKunadiun wrote…
The dalek episode was pretty cool but the one that came out this saturday was very very epic. Its a 2-parter as well, so we'll have to wait till next saturday to see the exciting conclusion.
DON'T BLINK.
 :o
I thought that the first Don't Blink was a really exciting story with the Dr making the videos before it all happened....very cool stuff, got well into it.
I saw the ads for this last one but did not watch....it must be that moving on thing again....this Dr is too young for me, especially after Dr Tenant , but they know that...some keep watching, some fall away...and there are always younger brothers and sisters following the adventure!

Stay with it while your into it, the Dr is a truly amazing character to grow with ! 
#14April 27th, 2010 · 04:09 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah the first dont blink was incredibly awesome...
The new doctor is very very young and i really really liked David Tennant more, but ill stick it out and hope for maybe a "The Three Doctors" episode

also this guy will eventually die and maybe the next doctor will be 17...ugh...lol....or maybe he'll be older again...who knows...but i love it and shall stick with it
#15April 30th, 2010 · 10:53 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
yeah i love the way that they were sort of talking to each other even though they weren't.  it really creeped me out - i love it!!!!!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 1:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.