1 2

#1February 27th, 2010 · 12:45 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hopeful prayers and wishes for Chile
8.8 Earthquake in Chile.  Santiago (where Iz lives is not to far away from the epicenter. Prayers and help will be needed....Iz hope you ok my friend. 

This is supposed to send a huge Tsunami to different parts of the world.
#2February 27th, 2010 · 01:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
There are few members from Chile,

HOPE YOU ARE OK
#3February 27th, 2010 · 01:40 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I immediately thought of my friend Iszil...I also hope our members there are okay and that they check in soon....
#4February 27th, 2010 · 04:50 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
yup, my first thought too...
#5February 27th, 2010 · 06:24 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
Hi everyone,

I left a message to Iszil this morning, I wish I could get an answer soon and I tell you ampers.

dodo
#6February 27th, 2010 · 06:34 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Just heard about 8.8 to hit Chilie....isz hope you are ok.
9am EST austraila...1 hr ago just put on tsunami alert advise people to get out of the water.
#7February 27th, 2010 · 06:45 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I just heard about this on the news this morning! holy cow! I hope iz is ok and also all of the other people and members living there!
I hope everyoens ok. check in soon iz!
#8February 27th, 2010 · 07:26 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: hopeful prayers and wishes for Chile
toastedgoat wrote…
8.8 Earthquake in Chile.  Santiago (where Iz lives is not to far away from the epicenter. Prayers and help will be needed....Iz hope you ok my friend. 

This is supposed to send a huge Tsunami to different parts of the world.

Our Prayers and wishes
hoping Iz and all his family and friends ok.......
and all who have been affected

Im sure much pain and worse has been caused by this event.....to many

John
#9February 27th, 2010 · 07:33 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
This whole situation is very worrisome to me.
I really hope Iz, and the people affected by this earthquake are alright.

#10February 27th, 2010 · 08:04 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
8.8 !!!  All the best to all the Chilean members.  Hang in there.  Were all praying for you in one way or another.
One sucky disaster after enother anymore.      
#11March 1st, 2010 · 11:32 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Iszil wrote…
I finally got my phone/mobile/internet service back.
It's a huge mess here in Chile. This is the 5th most powerful earthquake in the history of the world.
Hopefully for us, the epicenter wasn't near Santiago, the capital and biggest city here, but it was in the second most important city in Chile, Concepción, that's about 700 kms away on the south, but anyway we could feel it really strong here (where I live is about 40 kms south from Santiago.
For you to make an idea, we have to different words for when the land quakes: one is like a minor earthquake which is any quake below 7 Rigster degrees and any quake over 7 degrees it's a major earthquake. We are used to minor quakes every now and then but a major one usually occurs every 15-20 years. The one we had now was of 8.8 degrees (the biggest ever in the world was of 9.5, in Valdivia, Chile) so you can imagine this a huge disaster. In Santiago it was about 7.5 degrees.
It was quite "fun" how it got me. I was paying drums while the bassist of my band was playing "Us and Them" on the guitar, all this in the house we use for our music sessions. Suddenly a friend said "hey, it's quaking". We stopped playing, I stood up, and after about 10 seconds we realized this was big we got out of the house, and we could feel like we were surfing on the porch.
Well, thank you for worrying.
What's all the world saying about this, by the way?

> Iszil

From my previous post
#12March 1st, 2010 · 12:43 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Iszil wrote…
Iszil wrote…
I finally got my phone/mobile/internet service back.
It's a huge mess here in Chile. This is the 5th most powerful earthquake in the history of the world.
Hopefully for us, the epicenter wasn't near Santiago, the capital and biggest city here, but it was in the second most important city in Chile, Concepción, that's about 700 kms away on the south, but anyway we could feel it really strong here (where I live is about 40 kms south from Santiago.
For you to make an idea, we have to different words for when the land quakes: one is like a minor earthquake which is any quake below 7 Rigster degrees and any quake over 7 degrees it's a major earthquake. We are used to minor quakes every now and then but a major one usually occurs every 15-20 years. The one we had now was of 8.8 degrees (the biggest ever in the world was of 9.5, in Valdivia, Chile) so you can imagine this a huge disaster. In Santiago it was about 7.5 degrees.
It was quite "fun" how it got me. I was paying drums while the bassist of my band was playing "Us and Them" on the guitar, all this in the house we use for our music sessions. Suddenly a friend said "hey, it's quaking". We stopped playing, I stood up, and after about 10 seconds we realized this was big we got out of the house, and we could feel like we were surfing on the porch.
Well, thank you for worrying.
What's all the world saying about this, by the way?

> Iszil

From my previous post
MAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! I have never been so happy to see a guy's posting on a site before! The news (and the pictures) indicated you were at ground-zero for this thing, and all I could see was devastation....I must confess you were on my mind quite a bit this past weekend (I DID learn quite a bit about your area because I did some research). Anyway, it is unbelieveably good to know you're okay....The world is saying you guys are more accustomed to massive earthquakes than (for example Haiti), and thus your buildings are built to a different code, and thus, your country had less fatalities, even though the earthquake itself was much more massive than the one that recently struck Haiti. Reporters are saying how impressed they are with how efficiently your rescue workers react to such crisis. The combination of quake and tsunami in the coastal regions created a double wallop for them. Looting has been government-sanctioned in some areas, because of the need of the people. Pictures especially of the Concepci'on area showed massive destruction, but I also saw pictures that were described as Santiago that showed massive destruction as well (that was the part that had me worried)...ANYWAY....GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU, BRO!!!!
#13March 1st, 2010 · 12:49 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
  !!!!
#14March 1st, 2010 · 01:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Surfing on the porch...what an incredible thing to have experienced.
Very glad your back on line, so your house and around where you live are all still 'standing'?
I've heard the same thing, that you guys were much better prepared for quakes than Haiti.
All the best over there getting things back on track.
#15March 1st, 2010 · 02:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Yeah, we have a kind of "quakes culture".
I must say, although we are supposed to build structures to resist this earthquakes, there were a few new building that just collapsed. After the earthquake in the year 1985 there's a regulation that says that any construction must be made to stand after an event like this but yet we can see many people dead for that. There will be a bunch of engineers lynched for this cause.
My house didn't suffer any damage at all. Few things just felt down, but nothing big.

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.