1 2

#1February 18th, 2010 · 02:26 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
What's With the Blue?
whats with the blue and green and all these new colors for the forums and stuff....
not saying I dont like it im just not used to it
#2February 18th, 2010 · 02:41 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I was waiting for someone to mention it! But, I sort of like the blu and green..looks more modern. Hmm..a new album is coming out, it's a new day.
#3February 18th, 2010 · 03:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hmm! I denno.....modern yes ..... like nearly every other forum based site, maybe? .... it seams to going that way with the shaded bars.
I'm also not saying I dont like it ...... I just have to get used to it I suppose , being an old dog and all that.

I do think the beauty of bandAmp is the simplicity and no 'bling' kind of thing.

But the soul of bA remain the members ! 
#4February 18th, 2010 · 03:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Like the green very much though 
#5February 18th, 2010 · 03:57 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah i think it looks like every other forum based site.
I agree bandamp is a no bling thing lol.

i dont want bandamp to be completely modernized and all of the old classicness of this site forgotten...new members...new albums...new site...its all very new!
#6February 18th, 2010 · 04:01 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Classicness of this site forgotten.
lol It's only blue bars!
#7February 18th, 2010 · 04:27 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yes but every single other forum has those blue shaded bars...we dont want to conform to the masses...or do we? lol

(at this point im arguing for the sake of argumentlol)
#8February 18th, 2010 · 06:48 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheKunadiun wrote…
yes but every single other forum has those blue shaded bars...we dont want to conform to the masses...or do we? lol

No your not...fais doesn't think this is real life anyway.

You can put red pink and blue bars down the page, and stick google adds in for luck...and some will say "but their only coloured bars and google adds"....which is true...but...creativity and and the sense of freedom bandAmps simplicity offers is .. beautiful, when you brows the pages there is nothing to hinder your flow, no bling to drag your attention, no adverts that you consciously must ignore....just a simple site where you can see whats going on, and partake in fully with a clear mind...........well as clear as........ and clearing....followed by warm spells..... 
#9February 18th, 2010 · 06:53 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
kings wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…

You can put red pink and blue bars down the page, and stick google adds in for luck...and some will say "but their only coloured bars and google adds"....which is true...but...creativity and and the sense of freedom bandAmps simplicity offers is .. beautiful, when you brows the pages there is nothing to hinder your flow, no bling to drag your attention, no adverts that you consciously must ignore....just a simple site where you can see whats going on, and partake in fully with a clear mind...........well as clear as........ and clearing....followed by warm spells.....  :o

Here we go...
I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to convey. Blue bars = the downfall of bandAMP? Does the sense of 'freedom/creativity' vanish once the color scheme of the site is changed? Instead of constant complaining and nit picking, lets all be grateful that there's someone who is trying, and using his personal time to make the site better
#10February 18th, 2010 · 07:00 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
It's not bad to have some slight changes. Anyway the site's been the same for over 4 years or so.
What I really care - and I guess this is what Kings meant - is to keep the "vintageness" of BandAMP, which is nearly unique.
I think the blue/green stuff is OK. I'd personally would prefer darker colors, but that's maybe because I'm used to the classic Amp.

> Iszil
#11February 18th, 2010 · 11:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…

You can put red pink and blue bars down the page, and stick google adds in for luck...and some will say "but their only coloured bars and google adds"....which is true...but...creativity and and the sense of freedom bandAmps simplicity offers is .. beautiful, when you brows the pages there is nothing to hinder your flow, no bling to drag your attention, no adverts that you consciously must ignore....just a simple site where you can see whats going on, and partake in fully with a clear mind...........well as clear as........ and clearing....followed by warm spells.....  :o

thank you kings. I agree with Iszil as well im not used to the new colors because of the vintageness and darker tones the amp has always had. it has never been like a regular forum...thats why I like it. its "vintageness" and its urge to be different.
#12February 19th, 2010 · 09:35 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TheKunadiun wrote…
kings wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…

thank you kings. I agree with Iszil as well im not used to the new colors because of the vintageness and darker tones the amp has always had. it has never been like a regular forum...thats why I like it. its "vintageness" and its urge to be different.

Change is good...most of the time. No one is going to visit a site whose layouts been the same since 2005. It just doesn't happen. TheKunadiun, what about the people who didn't like the darker colors?
Thanks TK, there are actually some people who appreciates this. Just my 2 cents and Oh well..it's changed, and from the looks of it it's not changing back, so no use in arguing.

Cheers.
#13February 19th, 2010 · 10:41 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
well....

...big break....

... we had it all in grey (darkgrey), we have winter now, look outside: it's grey... maybe some colorful spots of dirt...
when you become older you'll lose the sense for colors so what'd you see then? GREY!

I thought about to break up the fixed site's width of 780 pixels and let it flow to the screens resolution.
I dont like the black holes on the left and the right, do you?

btw did you follow the changes of frontpage? did you realize something there?

This is what BandAMP needs... members worrying 'bout stuff. That's cool and I like it 
#14February 19th, 2010 · 11:19 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
well....

...big break....

... we had it all in grey (darkgrey), we have winter now, look outside: it's grey... maybe some colorful spots of dirt...
when you become older you'll lose the sense for colors so what'd you see then? GREY!

I thought about to break up the fixed site's width of 780 pixels and let it flow to the screens resolution.
I dont like the black holes on the left and the right, do you?

btw did you follow the changes of frontpage? did you realize something there?

This is what BandAMP needs... members worrying 'bout stuff. That's cool and I like it  :)

I felt like the red in the logo no longer matches the blue and green. Just a suggestion for Triton, everybody else please dont jump down my throat.

#15February 19th, 2010 · 11:24 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
No, please! Don't change the logo!

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.