1 2
#16January 27th, 2010 · 04:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TheKunadiun wrote…
well thats the thing...music is being touched by words AND the instrumentation. its not just about the lyrics and its not just about the music. when you listen to the music, its not like you are reading a book but a certain message is going across. and if you dont care about your whole jupiter thing then who the crap cares what the heck language its in??? people all over the world of different languages love the beatles, and love pink floyd. it doesnt matter...id like to think pink floyd's music transcends national barriers. (or the beatles or whatever floats your boat).

good lyrics can make a mediocre musical song, brilliant. good instrumentation can make a mediocre lyric into a brilliant song. and we are NOT talking about poetry, nor was poetry ever brought up. lyrics are an intergral part of a song, and as lyrics could technically be a poem, they are complimented or encased with the huge rush of instrumentation and musical experience.

now completely put aside your whole "i dont care much for lyrics" thing, and look at what you say about being touched by the music. pink floyds musical skill (i think) far surpasses that of the beatles. the music by pink floyd is amazing and is totally mesmerizing and touching

About those two things.
First, I was about to say that the lyrics message didn't care when you begun talking about you Jupiterians would feel about PF's lyrics, but then I told myself "OK, let's get into that context. Again, that Jupiter analogy was just to put you in a dilemma; I actually don't care about them. Let's put it this way: it's for Tarzan, a man that doesn't know the world and doesn't know our language.
Now, about the second point, you are again talking about tastes. I mentioned at the beginning that this questions had nothing to do with tastes. It's more about a sub/objective view (I mean, as objective as any subject can be) of the music as you know it.
You can't imagine what I feel when I play the solo in Comfortably Numb. It's something indescribable. The same for High Hopes. I still believe you think I have something against Pink Floyd.
Anyways, I'd love the opinion of more people here.

> Iszil
#17January 27th, 2010 · 08:51 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
No I dont think you have anything against pink floyd, I remember in quite a few other posts youve expressed that you do really like them. In my personal opinion I dont think that the beatles would be "the band" to show someone like jupitarians or tarzan or whoever...but thats just my biased opinion lol
#18January 28th, 2010 · 04:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
.............Ladies and Gentlemen........representing the human race..........I give you

Takaminerbb13

.................what amazing human being !        
#19January 28th, 2010 · 11:01 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
dude taka describes all this:

and more
#20January 28th, 2010 · 04:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
kings wrote…
.............Ladies and Gentlemen........representing the human race..........I give you

Takaminerbb13

.................what amazing human being !         :razz:

Couldn't agree more!
I wonder when we will see him making tours and stuff. What a genius that boy!

> Iszil
#21February 3rd, 2010 · 01:03 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
well if it's just music mainly.. I gotta go with    Kind OF Blue   Miles Davis

imho I'd take it completely out of the rock realm ,into what I consider one of the pinnacle music albums of the century.

These guys new music.They had great musical knowledge, and the ability to exploit that knowledge.
It is considered to be one of, if  not the best selling Jazz albums to this day.

Just my opinion though.. I'd feel like I would want to show off some of the best musical performances possible.. other than classical ,, this would be my choice.  Kind Of Blue. Miles Davis.

this is objective too, it's not my favorite album or even close.  but the more I study music theory and pushing through my barriers in the study of music.  I have come to appreciate just how good these guys were.
#22February 3rd, 2010 · 05:59 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Hmmm Represents our civilization?This past century?

Well this is what I think!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_williams
#23February 4th, 2010 · 01:05 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Marino wrote…
Hmmm Represents our civilization?This past century?

Well this is what I think!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_williams

yeah that .. Both John Williams are exceptional musicians ..The composer and the "other" John Williams the guitarist.  In that same vein I'd almost go with James Horner. He has done some very good music scores for movies.  Or Alfred Newman.  All these guys would show great musical talent from the last century.

imho you'd have to go further back in time to really get ahold of the pinnacle of music writing.
#24February 5th, 2010 · 11:38 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil, I get the second part, but what exactly do you mean by 'save' them from the 'modern music era'?
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.