1 2

#1November 10th, 2009 · 11:02 PM
1 threads
29 posts
Colombia
Who runs this place?
So who monitors this place?
Is there a group of people or comity running this?
#2November 10th, 2009 · 11:30 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
We have some moderators, although most of them are quite inactive.
I think TK is still moderator, isn't he?
And the owner is/was a guy called Mud, but he's not into BandAMP anymore, so it's basically us who are in charge of this site.
I don't remember who was it ( I guess MAP) who was redesigning the site.
Anyway, as I said, it's run by us, so we have the power to do whatever we want to whoever we wish.

> Iszil
#3November 10th, 2009 · 11:38 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Thats a good question. It's weird that someone would abandon a site like that. I think someone should just get in contact, and just choose the most active, longest running member here to runt hings, like Denis or XFactor.
#4November 10th, 2009 · 11:57 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
Thats a good question. It's weird that someone would abandon a site like that. I think someone should just get in contact, and just choose the most active, longest running member here to runt hings, like Denis or XFactor.

I think we should make a poll to chose admins/moderators.
From the old and active members I think Swordfish and Denis would fit. Both have been here for many years and they are still active. (BTW, XFactor is quite new here... at least I never heard of him until I came back from Australia, and that's less than 4 months ago, and spent 5 months there).
Well, anyway, we'll work out how to help the AMP to survive.

> Iszil
#5November 11th, 2009 · 12:44 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
Its actually TLS (Tonights Last Song) whos redisgning the site...

Yeah XFactor is relatively new
#6November 11th, 2009 · 12:47 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
Actually XFactor has been around longer than I have (keep in mind my other account is TheKunadiun)

XFactor:
Last: November 10th, 2009
#7November 11th, 2009 · 01:49 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, TLS, MAP... similar name... 
Well, anyway they are all new people.
We need oldies to rule BandAMP!... Naaah
It's OK, let's just make a poll.

> Iszil
#8November 11th, 2009 · 05:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
A subject brought up before, but nothing happens.

I think it's all about how much we all want the site to improve, there is simply not enough of us.  Plus we are all to busy with our lives, I can't see it happening.

One of the reasons I've been very active here recently is to try and at least keep it going, I hope my input has helped in some way??

I'm always willing to help others, so long as it's within my capability. I don't even know what an administrators responsibilities are on a website...lol

Despite the problems here I still LOVE IT

Also when a new member joins who appears keen I try and help out, it would be nice to see new faces so that it keeps the AMP alive, older members here are less active recently, I think it's the stress of modern life apart me of course. ha ha, I'm happy as LARRY as they say in the UK

All to often we can get very protective and tell new members to take Hike, so Ultravoz, I welcome you here, you appear to have good production knowledge, thanks for this thread.

Cheers
#9November 11th, 2009 · 10:26 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
I can say without a doubt denis you have GREATLY helped me and given me excellent solid tips for recording.
#10November 11th, 2009 · 12:08 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
A leader should not determined by their length of time spent on the site,(I honestly cannot stress that enough) but should be determined by(imho):
 their leadership qualities
their readiness to help others
general knowledge of the site
being an outstanding member
their competency

The list goes on.

If a leader is picked for some small reason, let's say just they make fantastic music, we're going to be sorely disappointed in them as a leader. So, when thinking of a "leader" for the site, keep a few things in mind, and yourself open to new ideas.
If you are unwilling to think about new ideas, you are unable to do much else.
#11November 11th, 2009 · 12:09 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I've been visiting BandAMP for longer than you've thought.

Basically, I came across the site in '05 - I wasn't old enough to join at that time, but I kept active on the site, checking out new songs (and downloading a few good ones too). So in '07, I guess I decided that being invisible wasn't as great anymore and finally became a member of BandAMP.

There's lots of suitable members to fill in as "active moderators", but I wouldn't consider myself one of them. Simply put, I'm just a kid who loves writing music, nothing more.

--XFactor--

P.S. Sorry for the really selfish post...
#12November 11th, 2009 · 02:37 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Good point MeowMachine!
#13November 11th, 2009 · 04:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MeowMachine wrote…
A leader should not determined by their length of time spent on the site,(I honestly cannot stress that enough) but should be determined by(imho):
 their leadership qualities
their readiness to help others
general knowledge of the site
being an outstanding member
their competency

The list goes on.

If a leader is picked for some small reason, let's say just they make fantastic music, we're going to be sorely disappointed in them as a leader. So, when thinking of a "leader" for the site, keep a few things in mind, and yourself open to new ideas.
If you are unwilling to think about new ideas, you are unable to do much else.

Yes you are  right in most of what you say, I just don't think that anyone hear despite having all the credentials has the time to take on the responsibility, it's proven, even when Mud was running the AMP he was quite hard to get hold of. So maybe we should share it, break it down to what we are all good at, no leaders as such,  more like a partnership, just take part in what skills we have. Again that's if members are willing to take on the responsibility, I'm doubtful to be honest if the desire is there, please prove me wrong.
#14November 11th, 2009 · 04:43 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I would absolutely love to, and I'm sure others would like to, too, but as with leadership, a partnership takes just as much, if not even MORE effort than a leadership.
One must be willing to do such a task, and be willing to commit to it.

So we must think wisely and mull it over.
#15November 11th, 2009 · 08:26 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I think this is a serious topic, that we should all get to together to figure out.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 7th, 2024 · 7:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.