1 2
#16May 24th, 2009 · 07:59 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
thanks swordy!!!

yeah now we just need a drummer. i recently bought a gretsch blackhawk ex drumset with zildijan zbt cymabls, (nothing too special) so for the next show Im hoping we can get a drummer.

thanks again!
#17May 25th, 2009 · 03:42 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
You guys did a great job....I enjoyed watching the Video....The crowd liked it also...its a good feeling to get out there and play live  huh?....I'll be looking for more videos from you guys....
#18May 26th, 2009 · 09:00 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
I Think you guys did really really great for your first gig.....!!!!!!   I'm sure there will be many more to follow. The main thing that I would give as my input is.... basically learn from each performance and remember the points within the performance where you have captured the crowds full attention. It looked and sounded like you did that very well throughout the whole song. Also dont forget there will be times while playing live when it seems like the audience isnt paying attention. Many times that has happened to all live performing musicians, but it isnt necessarily the case. Sometimes when playing live, the audience is truly enjoying it and therefore very relaxed and possibly chatting it up with friends, walking around etc etc. That can be a very good sign of a great performance as well.  * Keep on rockin, Kunadiun buddy!  Excellent job and done very professionally, especially for your first gig!!
#19October 31st, 2009 · 01:13 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hadn't seen the video and I just remembered about it so looked for it.
Those solos were amazing. I never work hard on solos basically because I'm to lazy to learn them, but here I see that you guys probably didn't even sleep in order to make them sound as I just listened. And the sound you guys got from the guitars was really really close to Gilmour's sound. Great job.
I would have liked to see a more charismatic performance of the singer. Probably he was really nervous. And tell him that in the parts he's not doing anything he can just fell the music and close his eyes and move with its rhythm or simply get a tambourine and do as he's playing something . That's what the singer of my band does.
Once again, great job. You guys are playing really good.

> Iszil

PS: Gotta learn Time's solo for today, but I guess I'll do as always; learn the first phrase and then just improvise.
#20October 31st, 2009 · 05:11 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey Iszil! Thanks so much for watching! I didnt think anyone was still thinking about/watching this! This really made my day!

Yeah we practiced for a long time (over 2 months) on getting the guitar solos down, and getting the tone down. We slaved over getting the sound to sound close enough, and im pretty happy on how it turned out. Thanks again for watching!!!

yeah the singer was very nervous...he had only practiced a week with us before the show....we took way too long to find a lead singer lol...

anyways with us working on this new "concept" album were gonna hopefully be doing another show soon, that will quickly (and hopefully) top this one. I imagine we'll play some covers too. thanks again!!!!!

P.S.....we've learned that too lol
#21October 31st, 2009 · 06:25 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
You all did well
& it looks like you had a fun time
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 10:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.