#1April 11th, 2009 · 07:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sounds like Birds and Animals
For those mad enough to totally love Sound Samples of all kind here's a link to a page that I've used recently.
http://www.junglewalk.com/sound/Falcon-sounds.htm
The page is a collection of links to sounds from around the web for what ever bird or animal you make a search for.
It's on Falcon sounds now because I'm looking for some Birds of Pray samples.
I've got a problem with Seagulls nesting on top of high factory buildings around my house, I've ended up collecting Eagle, Falcon and Buzzard calls, playing with them in Wavelab while I have a speaker playing loudly outside the front door......and it works ! 

This is a bit of a reaction to Minds posting his Wind and Rain samples and The Ks Adolf INTRO, which has a totally amazing sample in it of a bird chip in reverse !!
And anyway if members can post about car insurance and liking tortellini in the Pit then I'm sure this will fit in here somewhere. 

btw check out the Laughing Falcon 0.430mb wav sample ... that is one bloody noisy neighbour !!!!!
#2April 11th, 2009 · 11:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
As an interesting update to my "war of the seagulls" , I no longer hear seagulls.......wow!
But I do hear another unfamiliar call in the afternoon sky !
Could it be that my Eagle and Buzzard calls have been picked up by other bird family members in the area (I did have it on quite loud) and now their coming to check out the scene? and who exactly is on their 'turf'!
As long as they keep the bloody seagulls away!
#3April 12th, 2009 · 06:05 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cool, we have a huge seagull problem where I work - so close to the sea. They shit on all the cars and sometimes attack you when you're on the way to the cafetarium. Maybe we can install a few speakers around the parking lot and along the roads between the buildings with those falcon sounds coming from them, and keep them at bay.

Though I don't drive and love to see some my coworkers vehicles being "shat" under
#4April 12th, 2009 · 01:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…
Cool, we have a huge seagull problem where I work - so close to the sea. They shit on all the cars and sometimes attack you when you're on the way to the cafetarium. Maybe we can install a few speakers around the parking lot and along the roads between the buildings with those falcon sounds coming from them, and keep them at bay.

Though I don't drive and love to see some my coworkers vehicles being "shat" under :evil:

Been talking to my neighbour, who also found it interesting that I was trying out sound to scare them away, she suggested that the Buzzard or A Buzzard would be the most familiar and maybe feared by the seagulls.

So I tried Buzzards ..... it's kind of working , because birds are birds they keep on coming back.
I need a continuous stream of 'buzzard' and not just a loop......I need a real buzzard..!!

Yea Shit on cars....tell me about it ! 

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.