1 2

#1March 5th, 2009 · 09:44 AM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
Remembering a friend
ok...

so on January 1st

Charlie Lovely lost his battle with cancer...

Charlie was a great guy who always had a smile on his face

in fact i don't have one memory with him not smiling or laughing.

He started a foundation called "LIVE LOVELY"

and i thought that this was a great rule for life...

and if you could sum up charlies life in 2 words

those would be it....

but anway....

I finally did something i wanted to do

since i herd that charlie passed..

I got a memorial tattoo for charlie...

granted my parents wern't the most enthusiastic

about it

my dad understands it alittle better...

but without further adu'

#2March 5th, 2009 · 09:47 AM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
uhm... why wont it load??????

anyway heres the url

STUPID INTERNET LINK THING!!!!!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=213344092&albumID=1565279&imageID=24695908

that should work

ima try that too   /
                          |
#3March 5th, 2009 · 09:51 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
IMHO the way you remember someone is by taking action for that he represented like donating your time and or efforts to his foundation or other similar ones.. Although cool as you may think, tattoos do nothing to help....Yeah the'll ask you hey what's that for? You'll answer and then the'll be ah ok cool! next...So if you wanna remember someone get involved... Tattoos mean nothing... Really think about it..
#4March 5th, 2009 · 10:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Remembering a friend
DowntownSasquatch wrote…
ok...

so on January 1st

Charlie Lovely lost his battle with cancer...

Charlie was a great guy who always had a smile on his face

in fact i don't have one memory with him not smiling or laughing.

He started a foundation called "LIVE LOVELY"

and i thought that this was a great rule for life...

and if you could sum up charlies life in 2 words

those would be it....

but anway....

I finally did something i wanted to do

since i herd that charlie passed..

I got a memorial tattoo for charlie...

granted my parents wern't the most enthusiastic

about it

my dad understands it alittle better...

but without further adu'

I must agree with M, a tattoo is for life, I'd be very wary before putting any name on my body, except my own if I suffered from amnesia!
I'm kind of half way through this life of mine at the moment, I've lost a child, relatives and a few friends.....I still would never put their names on me ! Why ? Because I'm still here, they have literally moved on , it's not that I dont think of them sometimes, because I do , but I still move forwards in my time here.....and they dont!
You really dont want to be reminded of them for the rest of your life or every time you look at your self, because you are not them! You are your own journey.....dont bog your self down!
Imagine every good moment in your life.........shared with the heavy inevitable weight of the dead hanging around you !
#5March 5th, 2009 · 11:03 AM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
ok...

you guys totally harshed my mellow..

M - dude i helped put together a HUGE benefit concert, I sold t-shirts, I've helped set up a website, i've donated... dude im invoved... dont think im not

Kings - Bra, the tat isn't about him being dead... its about his LIFE! he was a great guy and if i could be half the guy he was man.. i could do amazing things.... man..

i dont look at it like he's gone...

i look at it like i should LIVE because life's just to damn short..
#6March 5th, 2009 · 11:05 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sorry to hear about your friend. He left a beautiful legacy , 'Live Lovely' is seriously a beautiful rule and with such a name I can only imagine it to be a beautiful foundation ....... and worth working for , something tells me Charlie would rather you put you efforts into his foundation than on your own body.

Any way when you die the 'memory' of Charlie Lovely will go too if it's only printed on your body....making his foundation work takes it beyond your life too.
#7March 5th, 2009 · 11:09 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes very right....but :
Kings - Bra, the tat isn't about him being dead... its about his LIFE! he was a great guy and if i could be half the guy he was man.. i could do amazing things.... man..

is bollocks , and he'd probably say so too.....you are one whole man....go and do amazing things.....
#8March 5th, 2009 · 12:10 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
There are one or more members among us who fight extremely with this disease.
So I think Charlie is not alone
Bye Charlie
someone said it like this: "see you soon"
and my thoughts are: "soon" could be eternity
#9March 5th, 2009 · 12:30 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
DowntownSasquatch wrote…
ok...

you guys totally harshed my mellow..

M - dude i helped put together a HUGE benefit concert, I sold t-shirts, I've helped set up a website, i've donated... dude im invoved... dont think im not

2 things...
1-No one has the power to harsh your mellow unless you give it to them...
2-Never said your not helping, don't take offense..All I said is that (IMHO) the best way to remember those who encourage and advocate positive change is by getting involved with making a difference, tattoos with names mean nothing and do nothing, actions make the difference and is the best way to commemorate the memory of those who have a special role in life,again only my opinion..

no offense guy but sounds to me like your very young and ignorant.. Sorry just had to say it...

Keep up the good deeds though...Don't let me harhs your mellow dude.....
#10March 5th, 2009 · 01:07 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
yea...

i am VERY ignorant.. and kinda young..

not being that i dont have my "smart" days

mostly im just a smart ass!

haha

but yea... i see what you guys are saying..

i agree... partly..

but ultimatley its what i believe..

you know?

thanks for the advice...

my mellow is no longer harshed....

Have a great rest of the day..
#11March 5th, 2009 · 04:59 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Why not write some lyrics/music or someone on the AMP may write some music to it.

I saw your thread about MP4 earlier, so it may prove difficult to record for you, you could still write a song, just record it when you have the next opportunity.

Peace

Denis
#12March 5th, 2009 · 06:49 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
it is your body . your mind . it's your decision. but if you post it up on the internet , someone is going to respond.

sorry to hear about your the loss of your friend.  maybe he will be an inspiration to you to go out and accomplish as much as you can.
#13March 6th, 2009 · 01:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
Why not write some lyrics
And have them tattooed on your forehead?
#14March 6th, 2009 · 10:17 AM
32 threads
158 posts
United States of America
DUDE
Mr. Sasquatch, i was just looking through the pit, and it appears to me that in just about everyone of your posts there is 'very opinionated' remarks.....Wow you have a way of getting people to voice their thoughts!
Dang!

My thoughts on this particular subject are...

It was your decision to get the tat, which you did, and now you have to live with it, and as long as you look at it and think positively rather than negatively about it, i see no problem in having it. Everybody has away of remembering someone, don't be discouraged if your way isn't the same as everyone elses. A tat is a life long decision but so was befriending Charlie, because you will carry the memories forever, they are just as if not more permanent than the tattoo.

So to the ampers who think that this is some adolesent teenage crap, should you not make memories because they will hurt later?

So in conclusion : GOOD FOR YOU SASQUATCH!

Sincerely,
Miss White
#15March 6th, 2009 · 10:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Denis wrote…
Why not write some lyrics
And have them tattooed on your forehead?

If you can't see the funny side of this, I pitty anybody.  Kings you are amazing your one liners 'av me in stiches, good on ya me 'ol China.

Cheers
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 6:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.