179 posts
Canada
Well, first off...take the 200$

Then send him a letter saying any of the following:
a) you have died
b) moved to Peru
c) your top five is already full
d) offer to be pen pals
c) you are going on a 4 year exchange trip and the person being sent back is your Swedish dopelganger who is lesbian and therefore would totally ignore any advances from him, incuding mere eye contact.

Other than that, yeah he sounds odd.

PS. If you don't feel right keeping his money, I will be glad to help out

-Mark
Good Luck!
#2December 21st, 2008 · 03:58 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
LMAO first thing that came to my mind was what dusty said: take the $200!

Then.. just be honest. And tell him that true friends are honest to eachother. "I never want to see you again. It's best for you if you'd turn around, walk away, and move on. And grow a spine... I say this because I care about you, and it is in the very best interest for you. That's what friends are for... They support eachother... Right? And this is my way of supporting you the best that I can. Go get a life! Now, goodbye, friend, and farewell!"

Easy money

On a serious note, be awfully wary of that guy. It may be a phase he is in but offering money for friendship isn't a sign of a healthy social life. Please quickly apply this list to him and hope he scores very low. If he scores high, the only thing you can do is to not "feed" him. Ignore him, never call him, never make eye contact and if he forces contact, be very distant, cold, short and to the point in any communication. If he starts stalking you (even on the phone), don't hesitate to call the police. Let's hope none of this will happen.
#3December 21st, 2008 · 04:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sarah, I must agree, offering you $200 for 'friendship' is a sign of a small sad and unhealthy mind.
The obvious thing to do would be to take the money ! lol
But in reality turning away and protecting your self from his unstable state is the best thing to do, do a Marino on him and banish him from your existence.  No Joke!!

But look on the bright side...bloody hell! what excellent stuff for a (few) songs!!! This is inspiration in the making !

How would your poetic mind sum up this situation? When you try to put it in perspective what kind of images, thoughts and emotions does it conjure up?
And you can be more imaginative than just 'PUKE' !!!!!
#4December 21st, 2008 · 03:19 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
hmmm..
Wise man once said:" play with fire you'll get burned"...
Forget the $$$$$$...
Stay away away away away..this is no joke...
#5December 21st, 2008 · 04:26 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
mmm
Sounds like DUDE =DUD

#6December 21st, 2008 · 10:27 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Use the 200 bucks to help him get psychiatric help?

Or tell him to keep it and use one of the five steps Dusty mentioned. :]
#7December 22nd, 2008 · 12:43 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I'm just in a fog here...as always....were you going with this guy?...going out...dating him?....well, you did say you were broke up with him....so, I guess you were involved....How long were you going out with him?..and if hes really that disturbed that needs to buy friendship?.....you didn't have a clue as to what kind of a guy he was?...do you care anything at all about this guy anymore?....he seems like he needs help...and what PX said is true...friends help friends....even if they are not the best of friends...I really have a problem with what you are doing by coming in here and ridiculing this guy....not saying what hes doing is right...but your not right by doing this...I have learned one thing in life..what comes around  goes around  and we are not better then the next person..and we shouldnt act like we are.......be a good person and help this guy...dont broadcast it that hes a jerk..it makes you look small in my eyes......make it clear that you are not going to date him anymore....but stand up and be a decent human being...help this guy out....
#8December 22nd, 2008 · 02:03 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
I'm just in a fog here...as always....were you going with this guy?...going out...dating him?....well, you did say you were broke up with him....so, I guess you were involved....How long were you going out with him?..and if hes really that disturbed that needs to buy friendship?.....you didn't have a clue as to what kind of a guy he was?...do you care anything at all about this guy anymore?....he seems like he needs help...and what PX said is true...friends help friends....even if they are not the best of friends...I really have a problem with what you are doing by coming in here and ridiculing this guy....not saying what hes doing is right...but your not right by doing this...I have learned one thing in life..what comes around  goes around  and we are not better then the next person..and we shouldnt act like we are.......be a good person and help this guy...dont broadcast it that hes a jerk..it makes you look small in my eyes......make it clear that you are not going to date him anymore....but stand up and be a decent human being...help this guy out....

On one hand, ofcourse, someone needs help. But psychopaths (or sociopaths) are a very real problem - and the help they require to learn to deal with their affliction cannot be given by their "friends" as 1) sociopaths typically don't have real friends, as 2) their view of what friends are, is part of their problem!!

The best help they can get is a professional psychiatrist and medication. Effectively, for the normal people, especially those who have been "involved" with the person in question: STAY AWAY!

I also found this which may be helpful. Ok so maybe the guy isn't a sociopath but I have a faint idea that he is (cmon.. offering money for friendship..). Anyway, this isn't ridiculing, this is serious. The point being, if you open up a door - with all good intention - a sociopath with come in through that door and starts doing his thing, disregarding any good intentions you had when you opened the door. Because, even if a sociopath can see your good intentions, he's going to completely ignore them, as he wants to achieve his goals... At all cost....

Anyway, there's too many things to be said about this. And maybe Sarahs "dude" is long not so bad after all. But better be cautious... What the lady from the interview said "1 in 25 ordinary Americans is a sociopath"- (the figures I learned is 1 in 20, with male : female ratio of 4:1). AT MOST help the guy to a therapist. Even that is taking quite a risk, he's gonna want to "thank you" afterwards.....
#9December 22nd, 2008 · 05:12 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Senseless or not?
To review "The Pit" and give a comment: I love the posts of female members here.

the male posts have so many words included. but do they make sense? quantity = quality?

What are looking for? Some people with good advices? Help for decisions?

My decision support: Buy Steinway or Bechstein, I am sure you won't be disappointed

#10December 22nd, 2008 · 09:33 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
It all sounds like a Fantasy to me anyways
#11December 22nd, 2008 · 01:14 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
*disclaimer* I wrote those comments without knowing who the person in question was. But I do know now I might have written bits and pieces a little differently but well what's said is said and as general information, I stand by what I said.
#12December 22nd, 2008 · 01:21 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
So Do I.......
#13December 22nd, 2008 · 02:15 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
First of all I want to say thanks for going through
the trouble of explaining yourself. This does give
me a different out look. And you really didn't need
to explain yourself to me. Because this is totally
your business and not mine and I''m just a
nobody... But, Thanks. I can understand what you
are saying about him. The friendship thing very
seldom works. I know. And having his Parents
around all the time isn't a good thing.

I know this also. I was married twice and both times I
thought I married my in laws. Plus, they  were a pain in the
ass. All the time around and butting in. So, I feel
where your coming from.
Some people just don't understand it that when it's
over ..it's over...When that's the case the best thing
to do is to get away. you have tried to help this
guy. He probably enjoyed it because he was
getting your attention. I'm sure he knew and I'm
sure you told him about his parents being around
all the time was a conflict in your relationship. He
must not have seemed to care. Which is being
selfish.

As long as you know in your heart that you
tried to make the relationship work out I wouldn't
look back... I would agree that no money in the
world is enough or the right thing to do to have a
friend. And to even suggest in any way or form to
offer money for friendship is not a good thing.
You did the right thing by not accepting...
it's time to move on. I don't think its a good thing
for you stay with this guy. Your not happy. That's
what counts...

I'm sorry I was so bold in my earlier
comment. But, I have to call it like I see it at that
time. I see things in a different perspective now.
Good luck to you. You seem like a very nice Girl
and one day you will find the right guy and he will
be the lucky one...

I hope that you have a Merry Christmas

Ralph
#14December 22nd, 2008 · 02:32 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
lol
Well thanks Sarah....I feel alot better also..I felt bad because of what I said... I don't think that there is such a thing as a good in law..lol..kidding...
maybe we should call them out laws
#15December 22nd, 2008 · 03:23 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
sounds like he doesn't have a grasp of reality yet and has a bit of an obsessive disorder.  He gets focused in on a person and can't let it go. He needs to no that you are seeing other people and have really moved on. Be careful because people that can become fixated on what they consider their soul mates can become and extreme problem. Sever all ties with this person, block all calls, let your friends know the problem , let others know the problem too.  hopefully this will stop here. he is not your friend if he doesn't honor your wishes to be left alone..
1 2

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.