1 2
#16December 12th, 2008 · 05:50 PM
2 threads
1 posts
United States of America
that seriously sucks.. there has to be something you could do! I'm sure the person who sold it knew there were transmission problems, what a scam.
#17December 12th, 2008 · 08:42 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
&*# em
You could cost them in business a lot more than the 2 grand you paid for the vehicle.
As I said yesterday on chat mate take it to the local current affairs consumer watch tv program .
 in Australia NSW any secondhand vehicle over 3 years old when sold must have a pink slip......or valid roadworthy certificate , covers basic safety issues including emission control ,exhaust, tyres ,suspension, breaks lights , seatbelts ,rust and mechanicals, etc can't register the vehicle without one.
 . Maybe get political and push for same in your state.
Vehicles need this inspection to be registered and insured .
It's a safety issue ....your transmission drops out hydrolics fail  ..lose control of the vehicle and plough into a bus shelter full of school kids......worst case senario I know....but in this KraZY world stranger things have happened.
Seems those state laws should be tightened up big time .REGULATION
BTW ...A trend here is the increased work mechanics are now getting cause of the global $ crunch , people are holding on to their cars longer and opting to maintain well instead of upgrading.Hence the importance of safety checks.
As a little side note , my grandfather held the first Ford franchise in Australia......back in the days when they ran on Hempseed oil ,his view
When the new car industry tanks expect a war.
On that cheery thought will wish you good luck with it .Keep us posted on progress .....we're rooting for you here in Oz anyway.
Your wife .....mate spoil her rotten she sounds like a gem .....lucky man you

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/newsevents/2007_08_regochanges.html

#18December 12th, 2008 · 11:51 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
re: re: ..
kings wrote…
FLYER7747 wrote…
I bought a 1963 Chevy back in the 80's for $60...I still say that was a damn good car.....it was kinda like a Christine thing....She got mad at me one night I guess and fell in love with a tree...but she still was singing to me on the radio car....as we sat at the tree after we crashed
oh you want to know what she was singing?     Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree....true story

That was a really cool story Ralphy , loved it!
I'm sure if you toyed with the memories and the idea (story) you'd come up with an excellent song, it's got it all, a 63 Chevy, 60 bucks, love , 'she' is written all over it, the near death experience, the irony and a happy ending.
Wow what a story!
Got any more?

Yeah King's...actually I have been thinking of writing a book
#19December 17th, 2008 · 08:00 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Man this sucks now with pics
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Well, I finally found me a truck, the guy with the green one backedout on me at the last minute.. after keeping me hanging for a while...  So, I found another one, it is a nice looking Burgundy 2000 Dodge Ram 1500... Same kind of truck as the green one, looks about the same, except the rear part of the cab has little doors that open, on both sides to get access to the rear seat easier...   SO, I gave them my $2200 cash.. all the money I've saved up for a truck, and drove away...  Got almost home when the Transmission went out. Now, it's at the shop, but The car lot I got it from told me it's my problem. And turns out the state of Ohio Attorney General agrees. So, I now have to somehow come up with money, at christmas time, which I don't have to fix a transmission in a truck I barely got to drive.

I have no Idea what I'm going to do..  I can't afford to fix it. It is going to cost somewhere around a couple thousand dollars to fix.. That's all I could get together for the truck to begin with, and that took a while to get.. I am so broke if it cost a nickle to go around the world, I couldn't get downtown...  sigh

JimK

Added Pics!  See them on the first page, or just click on the quote above, and it will bring the pics in view..

JimK
  I really want to keep this truck, and just get it fixed, cause I love it, but I can't afford the $$$ to fix it. So, will have to see what happens..

The Attorney General called me today, and is going to mediate my case with the lot, and see what resolution we can come to..
#20December 18th, 2008 · 03:18 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
"We Take Pride In Your Vehicle" pure sarcasm LOL
#21December 19th, 2008 · 11:28 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Is that ice or just water or have you covered your new 'mother' in some kind of transparent goo? Until the transmission is fixed!
Or maybe you just cried loads!!??

Good to hear you got someone somewhere actually doing something about it for you. Keep pushing!

I like the opening to the back through the wide door. Handy! 
#22December 19th, 2008 · 12:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice truck there Jim...I hope that the AG can help you out..If he doesn't though ....I would give the keys to Linda...And I know she will make that place in to a new parking lot......Hey ya'll..I have met Jim and Linda..and yes..Linda is very capable of such a thing...hahahah...even though she is a sweet ole Gal  

Jim...has anyone took a looked at the transmission to see if there was any sawdust in it?...sometimes sawdust is added to a faulty transmission to get it off of the car lot or far enough away before it goes KERPLUNK...really..no BS

DaFly(er)..
#23December 19th, 2008 · 06:31 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Is that ice or just water or have you covered your new 'mother' in some kind of transparent goo? Until the transmission is fixed!
Or maybe you just cried loads!!??

Good to hear you got someone somewhere actually doing something about it for you. Keep pushing!

I like the opening to the back through the wide door. Handy!  ;)

That would be in fact ICE.. Yes,dismal here in Columbus.. Though today it got up to 46F/7C..

But, it rained like crazy.. and it's going to turn to ice again tonight, and then we are gunan get hit with snow and ice for a while...  DOn't know how much or how long.. but it's coming... again....

As for the Atty General.. Well, he made them refund the money for the warranty, since it was sold illegally, but that is all he could do.. I will have to go through small claims to try to recoup any more money.. I might give it a shot, I dunno yet... I do plan on fixing the truck.. It's too nice to get rid of..

JimK
#24December 19th, 2008 · 07:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You've got her now Jim, keep hold of her for sure!
So why is it parked 'outside' the garage? Wont it fit inside?
I've got a Land Rover Defender body standing next to a Land Rover Discovery engine, the engine needs to go into the body. It will get done.........other things first. 

When I had my spending spree on the LRs I bought 2 Discoveries , both reasonably cheep and one Defender (the old type). the Defender was actually quite expensive, but I can put a 'modern' engine in it and because it's 25 years old, when I get her on the road she should also be tax free and the lowest insurance possible.
So with a bit of work my investments may pay off!
#25December 20th, 2008 · 01:47 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
GREAT NEWS
The motor isn't blown!!  The oil pressure sensor was stuck, it's now freed up and working properly.. Also, there is no knocking.. The Transmission guy needs to stick to diagnosing transmissions...

Anyway, a tranny and a donut gasket for the exhaust and I'm good! woo Hoo!!

Now, still gotta get the money together for the tranny... but it's a lot less money than engine AND tranny..

JimK
#26December 20th, 2008 · 10:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
bummer cars
Ive had a few.........

My first
http://www.princessandambassador.btinternet.co.uk/peter71b.jpg">
gear stick fell off 200 miles from home

http://www.caradisiac.com/media/images/collection/renault_10.jpg">
Just rusted away to oblivion .......... in 6 months

http://www.leblogauto.com/images/renault16_tl.jpg">
loved it but it fell 2 pieces carrying gear 2 gigs ........ all doors welded up ..... then it died!!!

one of few i bought new ............. but it got itself stolen ....... never the same

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/classics/A/audi/03-large/audi-coupe-1992.jpg">
simple.................... The Engine fell out of it!!!! Then it was stolen!!! then returned ......... then the alloy wheels stolen!!! then I tried to trash it but someone stole it off my drive with NO WHEELS ON IT!!!!

http://www.meinekarre.de/cars/Ford_Sierra_Firefox78.jpg">
Simple ..................... it broke in half getting towed home after break down!!!!

http://www.avto-otchet.net/CarReviews/2563_0.jpg">
I lost the keys!!! In a pudle of water outside a gig .............. locks worth more than the car!!!!!!!!!!! KILLED THE CAR.

I know there are a few more..........

But hey thats cars for you..........

Fish
#27December 21st, 2008 · 04:19 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: bummer cars
swordfish wrote…
simple.................... The Engine fell out of it!!!! Then it was stolen!!! then returned ......... then the alloy wheels stolen!!! then I tried to trash it but someone stole it off my drive with NO WHEELS ON IT!!!!

WHAT ??? LMFAO!!!!!!
#28December 23rd, 2008 · 10:54 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
we'll see...  pain in my arse... 
                         JimK

A pain in their arse is what it should be. They say the customer has the power.....but only if you take it, buddy. That's a buisiness that depends completely on local support : they can't afford to have someone spreading the word about what horrible buisiness they do. If you know what I mean.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.