1 2

#1December 11th, 2008 · 07:29 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Man this sucks now with pics
Well, I finally found me a truck, the guy with the green one backedout on me at the last minute.. after keeping me hanging for a while...  So, I found another one, it is a nice looking Burgundy 2000 Dodge Ram 1500... Same kind of truck as the green one, looks about the same, except the rear part of the cab has little doors that open, on both sides to get access to the rear seat easier...   SO, I gave them my $2200 cash.. all the money I've saved up for a truck, and drove away...  Got almost home when the Transmission went out. Now, it's at the shop, but The car lot I got it from told me it's my problem. And turns out the state of Ohio Attorney General agrees. So, I now have to somehow come up with money, at christmas time, which I don't have to fix a transmission in a truck I barely got to drive.

I have no Idea what I'm going to do..  I can't afford to fix it. It is going to cost somewhere around a couple thousand dollars to fix.. That's all I could get together for the truck to begin with, and that took a while to get.. I am so broke if it cost a nickle to go around the world, I couldn't get downtown...  sigh

JimK

#2December 12th, 2008 · 05:01 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Pic
Here is a pic of one that is similar... Mine is Darker, more burgundy than red...

#3December 12th, 2008 · 10:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cricky the law is wrong, there must be a way of getting some justice here. Are there any organisations, you could get advice from despite what the Ohio Attorney General says!!!!!

This Car lot seem to be a bunch of cowboys, the public should be aware of it!!

Is there any law experts on bandAMP??

Wish I could help you Jim

Best of luck

Denis
#4December 12th, 2008 · 10:47 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
yeah
It gets worse...  The motor was damaged when the transmission went out...  Therefore it needs motor and transmission...   It's wonderful...  I'm working on getting some news reporters to pick it up as a consumer rights piece... maybe we can make the dealer so uncomfortable he'll give me my money back..

I can only hope...

JimK
#5December 12th, 2008 · 10:56 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It might be another 'smaller' truck but it's still a meety mother.
Dead shity that theres no way of getting the sellers to take responsibility.
Are you handy and technical ? I took my own box out and took it to the same place all the other local garages take theirs. He did the work for me for quite a reasonable price, I then put it back my self.
The fact that I was doing it my self actually gave the guy a bit of a buzz and I think he might have even charged less because of that.

Funny though.....I bought a Peugeot 405 yesterday, burgundy, 13 years old for 500 euros, I have to still put it through it's test , but it's in excellent nic, very clean no rust ................ I still hate French cars, but it's for my girlfriend, so that makes it all right!          
#6December 12th, 2008 · 11:03 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Sorry to hear all this Jim....I have heard of people putting sawdust in faulty transmissions just to get the people to drive them far enough to get them outta site, so to speak...have someone check to see if anything was added to that transmission...Ill call my uncle Guido for you.....if you find any wrong doing

I bought a 1963 Chevy back in the 80's for $60...I still say that was a damn good car.....it was kinda like a Christine thing....She got mad at me one night I guess and fell in love with a tree...but she still was singing to me on the radio car....as we sat at the tree after we crashed
oh you want to know what she was singing?     Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree....true story

If I had the extra cash to give you Jim I sure would give it to you so you could get the truck up and running...Christmas time

umm yeah  your welcome  lol
#7December 12th, 2008 · 12:04 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
what is that "transmission" thing?
#8December 12th, 2008 · 01:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: yeah
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
It gets worse...  The motor was damaged when the transmission went out...  Therefore it needs motor and transmission...   It's wonderful...  I'm working on getting some news reporters to pick it up as a consumer rights piece... maybe we can make the dealer so uncomfortable he'll give me my money back..

I can only hope...

JimK

Way to go Jim, you could also get all your friends & family together and make up some bill boards and stand outside the dealer from dawn till dawn , I'm sure you'll get your money back.
If you can, find out if anoyone else who has had simlilar problems with is Car Lot, then take it to the authorities and press.

Don't give-up on it dude

Denis
#9December 12th, 2008 · 01:45 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Transmission is the gear box....  But now it's the motor and gear box...  great eh?

Oh and Kings... yeah it's a smaller truck, I guess.... kinda like an asian elephant is kinda small...  hehehe

Anyway, I dunno...  I'm gunna get something done...  we'll see...  pain in my arse...  Anyone got a couple thousand dollars?? 

That's what I want for christmas, my truck fixed...

JimK
#10December 12th, 2008 · 03:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: ..
FLYER7747 wrote…
I bought a 1963 Chevy back in the 80's for $60...I still say that was a damn good car.....it was kinda like a Christine thing....She got mad at me one night I guess and fell in love with a tree...but she still was singing to me on the radio car....as we sat at the tree after we crashed
oh you want to know what she was singing?     Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree....true story

That was a really cool story Ralphy , loved it!
I'm sure if you toyed with the memories and the idea (story) you'd come up with an excellent song, it's got it all, a 63 Chevy, 60 bucks, love , 'she' is written all over it, the near death experience, the irony and a happy ending.
Wow what a story!
Got any more?
#11December 12th, 2008 · 03:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
kinda like an asian elephant is kinda small...  hehehe
Would that now be a ladened or un-ladened asian elephant ?
#12December 12th, 2008 · 04:18 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
that would be
Unladen... but with a really big butt...

#13December 12th, 2008 · 04:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
kinda like an asian elephant is kinda small...  hehehe
Would that now be a ladened or un-ladened asian elephant ?

LOL x10

Superb!!!
#14December 12th, 2008 · 04:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: that would be
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Unladen... but with a really big butt...

Perhaps you should hire an elephant and ram it into the Car lots window, make sure you put your learner plates on.
#15December 12th, 2008 · 05:13 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hehe
My wife is threatening to get the truck, it does go in reverse, and drive it backwards through their building..

Those here that know Linda(Nakedtoes4me), know she is the kind to do it given the chance.. So I have to keep her away from the truck.. hahaha
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.