1 2

#1December 9th, 2008 · 02:58 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Just to let you all know that I'll be doing 2-3 more songs on Bandamp one is a Christmas song..the other is going to be a collaboration possibly...and I do have a country song that I may post and thats the last of it for me here...I have been giving this a lot of thought and have made up my mind......I think that my Music doesn't really go to well with todays choice of music that people like to hear.... I posted Lyrics & a rough cut of the Christmas song that I'm doing in hopes that it would turn in to a nice collaboration for our Chistmas song for this year...but, there wasn't much, or in fact , no response from anyone, or replies...I'm not bitching about it, but just stating a fact. I can't force people to like what I do. We all have our preference as to what we like to listen to...and that's fine with me...I just feel like I'm wasting time...mine as well as your's......
its been on the hard side to get support...I really do put in the best effort that I possibly can do along with a lot of very hard work and hours that goes in to recording & writing...I think I'm just going to ease on back...I didn't want to just up and leave with out saying anything because there are a lot of fellow Musician's here that I have become friends with and I have received so much help from..... Especially when I first joined. I want to thank everyone for all of the help and support that I receive during my membership, which is shy of being 3 years by a few months.....all in all, I'm happy that I did have the opportunity to be a member ....I wish everyone a Merry Christmas & a Happy New......!!!!

There is no need to leave a comment ..I would rather that none are.....
Thank You

Ralph/Flyer
#2December 9th, 2008 · 03:21 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hope you don't mind me commenting, just feel it's important.

It goes like that sometimes, I've uploaded songs before and not had any responses to it. And like you I've posted comments to this effect, Please don't think it's you.

Plus bandAMP this time year gets quite, indeed it's not as active as before, but it's starting to get better.
I've noticed that a lot of the long serving members are making an effort, this is excellent. KEEP IT UP!!

So guys & girls let's all make that little bit of extra effort, including me, I've not been as active this year.
We can make excuses all the time, but we only have ourselves to blame.

BandAMP has a great comminity, let's build on it for our children and things to come.

Flyer hang in there bro, it's just a passing phase, that's all.

Best wishes

Denis
#3December 9th, 2008 · 12:20 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Ralph
Dude.... This is the Noodle king talking here... I suck more than anyone on here....  my music is not really anyone's cup of tea... but dang it, I do it for me.. and share it with everyone here... and ya know what? it works out, because they all like to see someone doing it for themselves.. not because they want to make it big, but because they want to just make music...

I recently went through a pretty bad time, and didn't make any music at all.. didn't leave, just wasn't real active fora bit... but Im back now with a vengeance..  I just dont want to see you up and quit all together on this thing..

You'll be back in the ring to take another swing soon enough...  Sorry, had to pull out some ACDC lyrics there..

JimK
#4December 9th, 2008 · 12:27 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Yeah exactly!!! (With what jim and denis said)

My music has the stench of "what the crap is this".
It doesnt mean im gonna stop.

You dont have to quit. Maybe what you could do is you could take a break from doing songs, and just come on the amp ever once in a while to see whats going on, rate some songs, and I mean, dont forget, the new bandamp site is going to be up pretty soon!
#5December 9th, 2008 · 11:29 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ralph why go??many people suck in here...Like JimDA his like real bad....(lol)..and old too(JK)Payback Jim!!!!!!You need to realize that regardless of the greedy self seeking posters with a lack of compassion and initiative to comment and rate when they have the time to do so...The fact is that at the end is really about having fun doing this even if people don't comment..thats on them not on you....

I personally think voting is good for those who want ,but I rather not vote and really spend some time commenting..I get more out of the human communication  than 5 stars in competition.But thats me and not for lack of interest, but because I find music is not a competition but a creative process and source of expression..I also understand that you don't care to win..Just the participation itself really is what your after,but again not all like to vote nor participate and that should Ok..I actually though Swordy promo was quite Hysterical but thats him and his choice and good for him..To each is own way no?..Like you its the lack of participation from members that gets to me..Ive actually gotten to the point were I deleted all my songs and just about quit the site..A few times actually...I have found other sites that fills specific musical areas for me and Ill be glad to Pm you a few links if you want,but I still come here to hang with my friends...So I take this site for what it is an I ignore as I'm ignored you know like the two way street rule( you listen and comment so will I if not I move on)No need for gripe anymore....So ya man post what you want as you need but hey good peepes still lurk so pay no mind to the air in there heads just breath and keep writing...For you Ralph write for you and be happy doing it..You have great ideas for lyrics and concepts so keep at it no matter who says or doesn't say.whatever.
Anyways Ralph ya might not agree with stuff here but the point is that is better to have fun doing music than having to be pissed about lack of participation..I choose having fun regardless..
Be well my friend!!!!
Anthony
#6December 10th, 2008 · 03:40 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hey Guys

I appreciate everything you all have said...this decision that I made is not because I want to be famous Jim..I do it for the love of music/writing/singing

And this has nothing to do with not getting votes Marino...But I do agree with most of what you said..
this has a lot to do because of the lack of comments..good ones and/or bad ones...and not for only myself...this is a problem that most Ampers can relate to.

I love doing what I do, musically....and I do it for myself...But, I also do it for another reason..to reach people...I try to have a message in just about everything that I write ..I know I lack Composing skills and that my strong point is in the writing

What broke the Camels back was the lack of interest for my Christmas idea....I posted Lyrics and I mentioned it about 3 times in the chat asking people to check them out and to see if anyone would like to add a idea to what I have..or come up with some Music....or to add anything to what I have going...at this time there was like 8 people in the chat...I left the lyrics in the forum for about 5 days...No one read or responded to them.....

then I came up with music and I did a rough recording. of the song with vocals...
asking if anyone would like to join in  in one way or the other..and I got the same results. You were the only one who left a comment Marino.....there seemed to be no interest in what I had going for Christmas..I was hoping/trying to get a nice collaboration going and to have a lot of ampers sing and to join in..I left that post in the audio forum for 3-4 days....and there were Christmas songs and ideas posted from others after I posted my rough cut.... that got comments and ideas ....

What it comes down to is that I felt like what I was doing wasn't good enough..for the Christmas idea and that the work sucked... and I was wasting my time as well as everyones ....and that I made ass out of myself in the chat

I'm sure we all do what we do here for ourselves...But no one is going to tell me that they don't do this to reach out...to try and to get people to listen/like/enjoy the work they have done. we are artist...
#7December 10th, 2008 · 08:36 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Ralph,
Don't give up on the Amp!

Sometimes it sucks, and sometimes it's pretty sweet.  I've done collabs, and I've thought I'd like to but just haven't had the time.  It's the same for everyone more or less I guess.

I didn't bother doing anything on here for a long time - all sorts of reasons, work, life in general; there are times when you're mind is elsewhere.  I guess that's where you are now.

What brings me back though is the feeling (however tenuous at times) of community.  It's a real family thing we have going here - and there are times when you can't stand your family!!!

Since coming on this site I know that I've learned just so much - I guess we all have.  I haven't just learned from the "experts" but from others that are feeling their way.  That means you too!

Don't go - have a break.  Don't beat yourself up over people's apparent lack of interest, it's not personal.

Keep smiling buddy.

Jim A
#8December 10th, 2008 · 10:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Ralph your a banana, what you going to do sit there and ignore your bandAmp link and just simply refuse to click on it??? 

bandAmps an open door , you only have to come in and chill out, you dont have to go jumping on the stage every time.

Anyway here's one for you .....

In this proud land we grew up strong
We were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win
I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
Ive changed my face, Ive changed my name
But no one wants you when you lose

Dont give up
cos you have friends
Dont give up
Youre not beaten yet
Dont give up
I know you can make it good

Though I saw it all around
Never thought I could be affected
Thought that we'd be the last to go
It is so strange the way things turn

Drove the night toward my home
The place that I was born, on the lakeside
As daylight broke, I saw the earth
The trees had burned down to the ground

Dont give up
You still have us
Dont give up
We dont need much of anything
Dont give up
cause somewhere theres a place
Where we belong

Rest your head
You worry too much
Its going to be alright
When times get rough
You can fall back on us
Dont give up
Please dont give up

got to walk out of here
I cant take anymore
Going to stand on that bridge
Keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come
And whatever may go
That rivers flowing
That rivers flowing

Moved on to another town
Tried hard to settle down
For every job, so many men
So many men no-one needs

Dont give up
cause you have friends
Dont give up
Youre not the only one
Dont give up
No reason to be ashamed
Dont give up
You still have us
Dont give up now
Were proud of who you are
Dont give up
You know its never been easy
Dont give up
cause I believe theres the a place
Theres a place where we belong

Peter Gabriel (with Kate Bush)› Don’t Give Up

#9December 10th, 2008 · 12:46 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Thanks....
Denis, JimkDaAdtman, TheKunadiun, Marino, Jiminuk, Kings ...

How could I ever have forgotten that I belong to such a great site with some of the greatest Human Beings...?

lol@Kings@  Ralph your a banana.....what you going to do sit there and ignore your bandAmp link and just simply refuse to click on it???  [:razz:] 

I really ain't one to cut my nose off to spite my face.....Thanks for reopening that door for me
#10December 10th, 2008 · 01:33 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
And of course, community members need each other.

We'll all look back in a few years and remember some good growing times, experiences that we've gained from being on this great site 

Now.. if we can just contaminate the water supply and brainwash everyone in to NEEDING to comment and share their thoughts...  We might just need an influx of new members.  The more members we have, the more likely that some random statistic-of-a-person will comment on a song/lyric!

Although the front page of the beta site ( http://bandamprewrite.site50.net/ ) is lacking content, I really really really want to put new songs up on that page, with direct links to play the song right there from the home page.  Exposure, exposure, exposure.  As soon as I've got a working media page with an mp3 player on it, I'll put together some more of that front page.

As a matter of fact, what if that front page just showed the top X number of new songs which you haven't commented on yet?  That way all displayed songs are for sure going to get good exposure!

I understand your concern about lack of comments... (ignoring the fact that I haven't posted anything in a long time).  I want to turn that fact around.  Everybody deserves feedback; not just the little "cliques" that sometimes develop.
#11December 10th, 2008 · 02:04 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
well..after this episode ..I think I'm not even going to worry about battles..if or if not people comment/vote/rate..It takes away from the main objective...Making songs/music....

So, whatever you decide what you want to do and how you want to do things with the new format TLS is going to be fine with me....I'll continue as I always do by commenting/voting/rating.......and being a pain in the arse to all of you !!!!!    
#12December 10th, 2008 · 03:14 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Much appreciated, we assure you : D
#13December 10th, 2008 · 03:19 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
327 posts
United Kingdom
good for you fella, for staying!!! i havent been on for abso ages.. have been busy with my head down and took my songs off the site cos i thought i wasint ever going to reappear! but i found myself time to come on and have a look round,noticing new members and new songs..this your post has proven to you undoubtedly your needed and wanted on this site!..keep positive...your well and truly admired for your efforts and your music is ace! ..Pagan.x
#14December 10th, 2008 · 04:33 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Hi Ralph......... sent a PM
Hi Ralph......... sent a PM
#15December 10th, 2008 · 05:44 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Thanks Swordy, Pagans, bubu

Really means a lot
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:36 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.