1 2

#1December 10th, 2005 · 12:48 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
hehe
This is just a miscellaneous post...

I miss TLS bc he was always on here and he'd always reply a minute after I just posted.

So...
oh, I just missed you Pup. Oh well, I'm sure you'll see this. I tried the chat but it's not working for me, prbly bc I'm using IE.
I just read that post about you. I think it's great that you have a secret admirer. And I say secret bc I have a little conspiracy theory...hehe.
I thought my "Ignore them and they'll go away" philosophy would work, but either I'm too dumbs or he/she is too dumbs to realize what's going on.
Anyway, I thought your reply was brilliant. And I know what you're thinking, I'm procrastinating when I have so much work to do.
not me.

RANDOM! Your sis rocks! Is your dad Eric Clapton and your mom Carly Simon?! I mean, OMG, the talent in your family!
So how was your first semester at uni. I imagine it would be over now with Christmas coming up. Or do you not have semesters in the UK uni's?
And you have to tell what's up with "IQ is no problem here, we won't be playing scrabble for her heart, I fear"

Ok, well...
#2December 11th, 2005 · 06:10 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes, I noticed you coming online minutes before I went to do stuff... probably watching TV or something...

conspiracy theories... yes that is interesting. I have a number of thoughts too, I believe someone enjoys playing games a lot, but it's probably for a purpose. Well I'm not about to spoil anything, I'll kinda play along I guess, or atleast won't actively look for conclusive answers. I think I may have said too much already...

and yes, Random, your sis kicks butt. Ofcourse I think you're very talented yourself, so I kinda go with CC on this.

I only have one brother and he sorta capable of playing keys, but he never pursued it. In the very earliest of beginnings, we wrote a few tunes together, but it went wrong when we tried to record it to the ole' 4-tracker. He didn't have the patience to first figure out how to work the device and then to do it right, and it ended in a fight. We never played together again. but he recorded a few bitties on his own, I still have them lurking on tape somewhere. Not quite bad, soft and emotional tracks they are.

And I have a (half)cousin who's in a band, but I never heard them play... I think ska punk rock, well he's about 10 years younger than me so I let him , and some other cousins (m/f) who can hold guitars or abuse pianos, but none of them are active rock 'n rollers - like yours truly. But then my grandpa (never met him, he passed away when my father was 7) supposedly wrote his own mariners-songs (I don't know the right word for, par angleez) on an accordeon, but deeply regrettable, documents are lost and it figures, there are no recordings of his work. Just the legend and genetic legacy...

yes...  "IQ is no problem here, we won't be playing scrabble for her heart, I fear"
kinda cryptic. I don't get it at all!

... and now I can hear CC think "Why I finally sent you those acoustic guitar tracks, why are you wasting time on this forum! Get to work!" ok I'm on it! But first I got to go get the christmas lights up in the windows ok?
#3December 13th, 2005 · 10:33 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
... and now I can hear CC think "Why I finally sent you those acoustic guitar tracks, why are you wasting time on this forum! Get to work!" ok I'm on it! But first I got to go get the christmas lights up in the windows ok? :D
lol
Actually I'm thinking *boy I'm glad I got the acoustic finished and I don't have to mix anything*
#4December 14th, 2005 · 08:30 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah - Jo's very talented.  and yes, you're right - my parents are carly simon and eric clapton ... i was only a matter of time before someone found out!

and "IQ is know problem here - we wont be playing scrable for her heart i fear" is a very clever lyric by a man name sting.  im amazed no one here knew that!  you should all be ashamed!
#5December 14th, 2005 · 10:36 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Sting? what's that?
#6December 14th, 2005 · 11:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
CreativeControl wrote…
Sting? what's that?

I sincerely hope you are kidding!

But hey I'm not deeply into Sting either. Although we used to listen to The Police a lot when we were younger, and still smokin' spliff in the garden house till deep in the night. Plus I once did a cover of Moon over Bourbon Street - based on his version. And I know the movie Dune very well... One true artist indeed.

But what that has to do with "playing scrabble for her heart" being a clever lyric, still not sure.
#7December 14th, 2005 · 12:07 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Ohhh...I know who you are refering to...Mephistopheles is not your name...I think that's a clever lyric, too. :P

Nah, I'm just kidding. I actually like Wrapped around Your Finger, Sting's pretty great.
#8December 14th, 2005 · 12:10 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
randomdave wrote…
i was only a matter of time before someone found out!
Are you referring to you being a "man-whore" again? I told you I don't judge you for that!

And Pup, lay off the hasheesh and memories of your "mum's" shed!

#9December 14th, 2005 · 12:10 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Money 4 nuthin'

by the Dire Straits - featured Sting too!
#10December 14th, 2005 · 12:13 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Really?
Money for nothing and chicks for free!
I taught my 6 year old boy how to sing that song when he was 3. I thought it was funny! Of course that's prbly why kids shouldn't have kids. I don't teach him stuff like that now, I'm much more mature 
#11December 14th, 2005 · 12:26 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yes, Sting sung "I want my own TV" (now THAT'S a clever lyric to teach your kids!)
#12December 14th, 2005 · 12:30 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
Yes, Sting sung "I want my own TV" (now THAT'S a clever lyric to teach your kids!)
lol- I know, I'm a terrible mother! I just thought it was funny when he'd dance and say money for nothing and chicks for free, esp at family-get-togethers...yeah, I don't think any one else appreciated it.
#13December 14th, 2005 · 02:00 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
LOL!

the lyric is from a song about sting fancying some girl who's also fancied by a huge macho guy.  Sting basically talks about how this guy's gonna kick his ass!  the line i quoted is basically saying that the macho guy is a bit of a no brainer, but sting doesnt think that will effect the girl's decision.  thus, if they were to play a game of scrabble for the girl's heart then sting reckons he'd win, but that clearly isnt gonna happen.

make sense?
#14December 15th, 2005 · 10:52 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
ummm, I think it's "no", not "know". I never thought I'd correct an Englishman before.

Seven Days

"Seven days" was all she wrote, a kind of ultimatum note she gave to me, she gave to me.
When I thought the field had cleared,
it seems another suitor appeared to challenge me, woe is me.
Though I hate to make a choice, my options are decreasing mostly rapidly, well we'll see.
I don't thing she'd bluff this time, I really have to make her mine.
It's plain to see, it's him or me.

Monday, I could wait till Tuesday if I make up my mind.
Wednesday would be fine, Thursday's on my mind.
Friday'd give me time, Saturday could wait but Sunday'd be too late.

The fact he's over six feet ten might instill fear in other men
but not in me, the mighty flea.
Ask if I am mouse or man, the mirror squeaked, away I ran,
he'll murder me in time for his tea.
Does it bother me at all, my rival is Neanderthal?
It makes me think perhaps I need a drink.
IQ is no problem here, we won't be playing Scrabble for her hand I fear, I need that beer.

Friday'd give me time, Saturday could wait but Sunday'd be too late.

Seven days will quickly go, the fact remains, I love her so.
Seven days, so many ways, but I can't run away, I can’t run away.

Friday'd give me time, Saturday could wait but Sunday'd be too late. Sunday'd be too late.

Do I have to tell a story of a thousand rainy days since we first met?
It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet.
#15December 15th, 2005 · 10:59 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
thats the one.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.