2 threads / 1 songs
6 posts
Canada
Congratulations...?
#2May 2nd, 2008 · 10:56 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
LOL Fish....Are you the only song that qualified? Not a dig, last time I checked the number of votes your song was the only one with enough votes..so I say why even bother entering the battle? I'm going to check the stats for April's "battle" so I have some facts for this post and not just speculation..brb..lol

OK....19 songs entered and my speculation was right..one song qualified...woo hoo! what a battle...sorry your dedication and time went to waste TK...on top of that whats going on with the site lately?.one day I can log in and the next I can't..oh well...the amp died a long long time agoooooooooooooooooooooooooo.Theres so many songs uploaded on a regular basis that everything gets buried and lost for months anyway....funny thing...I just noticed the feature on the main page on newest uploads...when you click more it shows....MORE...lol...and only recent uploads...pretty cool...lol.Anyways, congrats Fish you DO deserve it!
#3May 2nd, 2008 · 11:15 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Ha! A tad into ourselves aren't we swordy?
Well I guess you have a right to be. But it's not like it matters anywho. Battles don't work,well quite properly that is.

But is there anyway to bring down the required amount of votes to even qualify for the battles?
Or maybe we could establish between ourselves a number?

I'm just on my soap box...

Good job anyways swordy! And all else who entered the battle :]
#4May 3rd, 2008 · 01:21 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
What?!
Your song,fish,was uploaded July 9th,2006.
That's two years! I find it completely unfair!You had two years to gain all those votes whereas others had only a few months(just from the ones I perused.)

I think this site is going to the dogs a bit.
#5May 3rd, 2008 · 02:02 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
No song did it
nope, no song

the votes that are listed are not the votes that are behind the calculation
#6May 3rd, 2008 · 03:02 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
MeowMachine wrote…
What?!
Your song,fish,was uploaded July 9th,2006.
That's two years! I find it completely unfair!You had two years to gain all those votes whereas others had only a few months(just from the ones I perused.)

I think this site is going to the dogs a bit.

Well thats how long it takes to get 15 votes....battles have always been that way....If I or anyone uploaded a song say June 1 and entered it in the June battle they would be lucky to get 5 or 6 votes...I bet I could name off the 6 votes as well...I won't as it doesn't matter...The battle has been this way for a long time........Not a shot at any of the mods or fellow members but as the months go by and different people roll in and out the amp's so called community and what not declines..I'll give you a good example of this....http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/634.html one of the first songs I uploaded..not even 2 minutes in length...no vocals, no drums nothing...just me playing the guitar...look at the number of votes I received in that battle...31....whens the last time a song received that? Even a song that has won? I say kill the battle...why? cause if you get right down to it.....85% of the people that used to be involved in this site were in it for the prizes and to blow smoke up each others ass....get in friendly and receive votes and praise...Lots of "stroking" going on in the past. This is nothing like the amp I was a big part of and joined..Well .....see ya around......
#7May 3rd, 2008 · 09:11 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Basket, then why don't we just call it the 'Songs That Are Two Years Old and Have A Bajillion Votes' Battle?
Half the time this site is so ridiculous.
But no point bringing up anything because:
a) It won't get fixed. Ever.
b) No one really cares,as long as they get their personal satisfaction.

But I do agree about killing the battles. Though I doubt no one else will.

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 8:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.