#1March 6th, 2010 · 10:25 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
FL7 pops
Whenever I'm recording with FL7, popping and crackling is produced, but mainly a high pitched static.

Am I doing something wrong?

#2March 7th, 2010 · 03:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Audio or Midi?, check your cables first, I assume you're recording levels and sound card have been set-up correctly?
When I tried recording Midi on my PC, I always got Pops & Clicks, unfortunatley my PC processor can't take it,
You could record something and send it to me so I can hear the sound you're getting, or put it up on the AMP so we can all hear.

Marino is excellent with FL, you could try sending him a PM, there are some good turorials on YouTube too.

Might be useful if you explain what you are recording and what it's going through, pre-amp, sound card, mixer etc
#3March 7th, 2010 · 06:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've just installed FL7 again  this time in a very capable system BUT STILL the demo song that starts up with the program in the beginning crackles and pops......
So I think it's something to do with the 'sends' and that the best thing to do is turn off every thing you can , first effects and then instruments, to suss out the bugger! Are you starting a new project/song or building on an existing .fl file?
Are you still in XP?
Is the output pointing to Windows Direct Media (or something) or to your sound card? And what about your ASIO ?
If you can choose DirectX full Duplex from the asio panel, it should give you the correct quality and keep the latency low too.
#4March 7th, 2010 · 12:59 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
I have a microphone built into my laptop, and I tried that, and I pops.
And I tried with a microphone, and it still occurred.

And I'm pretty positive everything is set up correctly.
And I don't want to bother Marino with this. He has other things to deal with.

I'm using windows 7 ( )

Everything seems to be fine with the ASIO.
I'm gonna download Audacity and see what happens there. A little experiment.

i gotta check all this stuff out
#5March 7th, 2010 · 05:47 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
double check everything.. make sure your sound card configuration is matching your recording configuration.. ie  24 bit + 24 bit. or 32 bit is 32 bit.   44.1hkz is 44.ihkz both in the sound card and recording software..  also check your buffers.. if set to low the computer will stall and pop. If set to high you'll get latency problems. 

I usually record with all effects off. all vst's off, ect. till I get all tracks done.. then I start putting in the effects and using the vsts. 

also check all your audio input levels.. you'll have a level for the soundcard and an input level for the recording software.
#6March 7th, 2010 · 06:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
your on windows 7?
I've posted a link on Toastys thread about the Windows7 Audio Stack
Windows 7 deals with audio differently, have you got the right drivers for your laptop to run 7 ?
There is also the issue of 32bit and 64bit...I'm only just starting to understand the difference, some drivers wont work in 64bit.
FL has it's own ASIO set up....it's part of the installation.
Friend of mine installed a 64bit windows 7 onto his laptop yesterday, but he needed new drivers for everything but the manufacturer has no 64bit drivers for his laptop !!! and it's not that old.
It could be a motherboard driver problem   
#7March 7th, 2010 · 08:11 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
the laptop came with windows 7, so I don't think it might be an installation problem? who knows though 

this thing says it's a 64 bit operation system
(it's a HP G60 Notebook PC)

and I checked everything out, and it won't tell me much about anything really.

#8March 8th, 2010 · 02:12 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
MeowMachine wrote…
the laptop came with windows 7, so I don't think it might be an installation problem? who knows though 

this thing says it's a 64 bit operation system
(it's a HP G60 Notebook PC)

and I checked everything out, and it won't tell me much about anything really.

:dead:
Then it's 7 compatible so drivers are not your issue.....just got my own head full of them!
#9March 8th, 2010 · 09:05 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Oh well then :/
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.