#1March 6th, 2010 · 10:49 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Cubase 5
I recently upgraded my computer.. I wanted to get a good recording software that was compatible with the 64bit system and had lots of the features I wanted... I came across a recent version of cubase 5.. wow.. I like the changes and upgrades.  If you have used cubase SX3 or Nuendo. older versions.. you should take a look at Cubase 5. some great changes and upgrades.

I'll be posting some new stuff shortly..
#2March 6th, 2010 · 02:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice TG, look forward to it!!
#3March 6th, 2010 · 06:24 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I used SX3 now. Do you really think I should upgrade?
Which are the new features?

> Iszil
#4March 6th, 2010 · 07:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Might be totally unrelated...and yet again maybe not.
After having built my own system with a dual core processor and come to realize that I cant run XP on the motherboard (no internet drivers). I've been busy trying to get my old Sound Blaster card to work in the new system....worth a try, it has all the jacks I need... I've got the whole lot running again except for the MIDI ports which is a bummer ... BUT I have learned a lot about Windows 7 and how it deals with audio in a very different way than XP.
I've got the card running in 64 and 32 bit versions of 7.
Anyway just thought that this might be relevant to a bunch of musicians who are upgrading systems slowly but surly, this is about the Audio Stack in Windows 7

http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Going+Deep/Vista-Audio-Stack-and-API/

I've been playing with a Cubase 4 - Portable , works like a dream, I've got it in a folder with all the vsts which I then just copy and paste into any new system.....it's portable ! lol  Got it on Avaxhome !

I installed Cubase VST32 just for the full Duplex drivers (I've been trying anything to get my MIDI to work), it does not have any of the extras that later generations have, but I tell you it moves like shit off a shovel.
Because it's based on a 98 interface there's no graphic lag at having to display groovy buttons......I just wish it would have the same groovy functions.

Sorry for blabbing about my own shit Toasty....but starting a new thread would be silly.....and it's sort of relevant to upgrading 

I got to that top link through this article about the Windows Audio Stack :
http://blog.szynalski.com/2009/11/17/an-audiophiles-look-at-the-audio-stack-in-windows-vista-and-7/
#5March 7th, 2010 · 12:08 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
some of the great features.. upgraded effects .. lush reverbs that are usable, better delays, better eq's better compression, VST effects and instruments function better.  and  fine tunable pitch correction. It's also faster with no lag time.
#6July 7th, 2010 · 12:07 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Not to mention, (being a MIDI artist myself,) the VSTs sound great, especially when you can add inserts! The "5" in Cubase 5 stands for !

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.