1 2
#16March 7th, 2008 · 10:23 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
woah... the site seems to be responding very well right now....

..  (sorry to have double posted so many times... I'm just trying to keep everything very current.)

Edit:
Just noticed something... Triton, when I signed on, you were still "logged in" technically, and your session didn't expire for an hour (about).  When that session finally did expire, the site slowed down and gave me a time-out error.  As soon as it responded again, you were no longer listed as "Online".

Aside from that, the site seems to be responding normally now, despite my comments on the thread you linked to.
#17March 7th, 2008 · 01:44 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
no
I had again troubles with response time, and it starts with the main page as well as with other sites. and I removed all the database queries I put in the last time.
yesterday german telecom had problems with several sites to host.
i.e. google.de or fleetboard.de and they were off (not reachable) for a couple of hours.
there might be a DoS attacking issue too somewhere somehow.
there are three more things I suggest:

1. configuring the database (with the help of mud)
   a. configure memory usage
   b. switch on auto maintenance
   c. other settings....
   by doing things like that the database must be restarted

2. a full vacuuming of the database. this can take a few minutes up to a few hours and the database is locked during this action
I found out that the response time of the databases takes 40 to 600 seconds but only 1-3 seconds of cpu's time

3. after doing #2 restart the server. uptime is about 58 days now.

did someone take care of such things before giving bandamp to the community?
#18March 7th, 2008 · 02:51 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
probably mud did.  I he was silently pulling the strings, I think.  Perhaps we need to make some publicly known maintenance schedule for the system.  That way, we'd all know that the site would be offline for a few hours.  (A little notice could be pinned to the top of the forums within a day or two of said down-time, just to help people be aware of the status of the server.)

So, we'd probably have to resort to sending an email to the members (via the admin account here at bandamp) to let people know that in order to correct this problem, bandamp will be taken offline for several hours.  I think they'd appreciate the downtime sooner rather than later.  Nobody's all that thrilled about having to wait 40 to 600 seconds for every page they request 

thanks for looking into this so much

(ps, this database query idea would play perfectly into what i've been noticing... playing songs through the AMP is easy; no delays, even when the site itself is on major slowdown.)
#19March 26th, 2008 · 12:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just adding my bit : I've made a few posts today and they seam to go through quite normally, but over the past weeks it's taken ages for bA pages to open, and it is only a bA thing, every other site I visit open normally.
#20March 26th, 2008 · 05:21 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
a couple of days ago, the site went down for a short maintenance period.  i'm hoping that the issue is fixed
#21March 27th, 2008 · 10:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
this message pops up if there is a database error
Even me had troubles to open bandamp
and I couldnt find out what was the reason...
the linux processes didnt tell me whats going on at that time.
I only hope that a backup job (it wasnt indicated) or whatever accessed the server
again: we need to restart the server right now it shows uptime 78+05:04:56  10:47:03
but I want some special person standby..... hope you know what I mean...

the last entries I made were really fast....
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.