#1January 11th, 2008 · 12:53 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
So we're back?
So what's the situation? Why was the AMP down?  I started an IRC channel, details are in The Pit thread I started.
#2January 11th, 2008 · 02:28 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah can someone atleast tell us why we were down for two days?  Was anything improved?
#3January 11th, 2008 · 04:14 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I agree,
Someone should be able to explain what happened...

That would be highly apreciated.
#4January 11th, 2008 · 06:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes, a little in-site would be appreciated.
It all looks the same from this end! 
#5January 14th, 2008 · 06:30 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
MySQL DBs need to be maintained. Probably fixing some code, optimizing it and whatnot. Maybe the DB server needed some tune-ups, who knows. Most sites do this, guys, however you don't see the effects because of multiple backup servers and staggered roll-outs. Why does everyone freak out everytime the AMP goes down...especially considering it had a note?
#6January 14th, 2008 · 06:57 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
How about cause according to the front page, this site belongs to us and we would merely like to know whats going on.  We arent freaking out, we just like to stay informed.
#7January 14th, 2008 · 07:12 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Sorry..
I haven't had the chance to do a full blown information bulletin yet. I was going to do that, but I have been working crazy hours...  Anyway, what happened was this, The server rebooted, but didn't autostart the site. So, I got ahold of Mud and Downchuck, and they got it restarted...  As for the belonging to us thing, yes it does, and as such, we not only need to be informed, but we need to take responsibility, that means all of us, so if anyone here can help with the programming of PHP then PLEASE contact me.. I need help, Everyone I have contacted doesn't have time to do it right now, and I have even looked into outside people, I have setup an account to take donations, so even if you can't program, if you can donate, the money will be used to pay for a progammer to help with the maintenence and updating the site. I would like to get the audio review split up to give us a covers section and a projects/collab section... I also want a different voting system, and new chat system...  Lace is ok, but too buggy and too limited.. And noone here likes it.. hahaha...

Anyway, that is what happened and is happening...  Check out the thread about the donations here..
#8January 14th, 2008 · 07:15 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
THANKS FOR THE INFO, JIM!  exciting stuff!
#9January 14th, 2008 · 07:20 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
re: Sorry..
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
I need help, Everyone I have contacted doesn't have time to do it right now, and I have even looked into outside people, I have setup an account to take donations, so even if you can't program, if you can donate, the money will be used to pay for a programmer to help with the maintenance and updating the site.

I wish I had time; but wading through the current code implementing stuff is more than I have the capacity for in my schedule.  As for taking donations; trust me, unless everyone active here is dropping in $20 or $30 bucks each you're not going to be able to hire a programmer for more than a few hours.

Let me know when you're taking donations for server costs/paying whoever is offering to do this for free, or if you have a programmer you know you can hire for cheap.  I'll be on the lookout myself.
#10January 14th, 2008 · 07:27 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: re: Sorry..
avinashv wrote…
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
I need help, Everyone I have contacted doesn't have time to do it right now, and I have even looked into outside people, I have setup an account to take donations, so even if you can't program, if you can donate, the money will be used to pay for a programmer to help with the maintenance and updating the site.

I wish I had time; but wading through the current code implementing stuff is more than I have the capacity for in my schedule.  As for taking donations; trust me, unless everyone active here is dropping in $20 or $30 bucks each you're not going to be able to hire a programmer for more than a few hours.

Let me know when you're taking donations for server costs/paying whoever is offering to do this for free, or if you have a programmer you know you can hire for cheap.  I'll be on the lookout myself.

Donations are already being accepted.. got it all setup.. right HERE!
#11January 14th, 2008 · 07:33 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
re: re: Sorry..
[quote=avinashv]
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.