1 2
#16January 13th, 2008 · 10:31 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I believe I have discovered the answer
You are putting apostrophes in your title or description field aren't you? That is the only time I can't get it to upload. This site has a MAJOR problem with apostrophes I dunno why.. But it does...

          I have uploaded quite a few pictures without incident until I tried apostrophe.. Otherwise, it works fine.

   Check my album, you will see the test pictures.  All JPG, all worked fine...

                   JimK
#17January 14th, 2008 · 07:51 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Yep!  That's what it was.  After eliminating the apostrophes, the picture uploaded without a problem and the editing of the photo held firmly.  Maybe the apostrophe is conflicting with code line that uses apostrophes to segregate certain characterists in it?  I had this problem with ASL (Adventure Scripting Language), which is used to create text-based adventure games.  Except it had trouble with semi-colons.  The reason was that when the code-lines that used apostrophes as text were read, it took the semi-colons to be part of the code rather than text.   Hmmm, maybe that'll help out.  Keep me updated... interested to find out more.  Thanks.... SITES FAULT!  NAhh! lol!
#18January 14th, 2008 · 08:25 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well
It's hard to figure out when it works everytime I try it... I even had some friends try it, and I have a test account I used. I used different machines, different browsers, it was always working. This time I tried using different words and descriptions. and I finally was able to duplicate it. I understand that your not computer illiterate, but I didn't know that ahead of time, all I knew was you aid you don't have this trouble on other forums. That means nothing to me. We have allot of young kids come on from other forums, who think they know everything, and 90% of the problems is their browser. the other 10% is they are taking too long, because they are instant messaging 60 people at the same time, and getting logged out before they post.  Seriously, I get tons of email complaints and every one is not a site issue. So excuse me if I start with checking your system, but it is so often the users equipment, I don't have allot of time to go indepth with testing, and I am not the one who programmed this, nor am I one who CAN program this. But, I do know that the site is very stable right now. No issues to really speak of in terms of functionality of existing services. Some of them need to be changed to a more user-friendly interface, but otherwise it isn't too bad.
#19January 14th, 2008 · 04:34 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
First off, JDA, I am very appreciative that you took the time to seek the answer to the problem.  Please, for the sake of effortlessness, next time if I should post a problem, ask me to send you what I have done; therefore, you won't have to go through the trouble of blindly trying to figure out what I've done.  I did think, "He must've went through many possiblities before he figured out what I was doing.  Man, that must've taken some effort."  Because I didn't even tell you I was trying to use apostrophes.  Amazing problem-solving strategy there, but not as efficient as it could've been.... purpose: helping you out.

The whole "I'm not computer illiterate thing" was not meant as a backhanded rebuttal, but simply trying to let you know that I have some experience and that you can trust my voice when I say what the source of my problem is.

I have some site suggestions, but I'll post them later, after I've become more familiar with the site.

All-in-all, as a newcomer, I really like the community here.  Very fresh crowd.  Sometimes forums just end in a bunch of bickering and arguing; meaning, the users are "stale."

Keep up the good work, thanks for solving my problem, and talk to you in the future...
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: January 23rd, 2020 · 4:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.