1 2

#1January 9th, 2015 · 07:49 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
problems logging in
Hi, just wanted to let you know, I experienced some problems attempting to log in to BandAMP. I would put my username and password, but then I'd end up at my profile page without having actually been logged in. Attempting to sign in with a random username and/or password would correctly bump me to the "invalid username..." etc page.

I managed to fix this by allowing my browser to remember my password, but that's never been an issue before. So yeah, kind of odd...
#2January 9th, 2015 · 02:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Took me to login page, then able to log-in, then ticked box to remember my login details - Strange
#3January 12th, 2015 · 01:57 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Bloody hell, that's kind of terrible. It worked after a good while, at last. Also the site doesn't seem to keep track of guests browsing around.

So the only way to log in is to use the dedicated login page AND tick the box to remember details.

What's going on? Is there any TK or kings around to look into a fix? ... if there is a fix! 
#4January 17th, 2015 · 12:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Now I can't log out
#5January 18th, 2015 · 12:14 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
Now I can't log out :roll:
Nor can I. I noticed, however, that your name no longer appears at the bottom of the forum page, Denis.  Mine just continues to hang there for days. I have emailed Mud about these problems but have received no response. I'll keep trying.
#6January 18th, 2015 · 03:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Darn! That worked for me too ... that click on arrow get to log in screen, type in your name and password and click 'remember details'

So what it ? Code becoming fatigued and slowly breaking down ?
Or is there someone changing stuff on the server ?

Any one got Mud on fb?
#7January 18th, 2015 · 03:40 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Darn! That worked for me too ... that click on arrow get to log in screen, type in your name and password and click 'remember details'

So what it ? Code becoming fatigued and slowly breaking down ?
Or is there someone changing stuff on the server ?

Any one got Mud on fb?
AHA! I might have him on Facebook - let me try...
#8January 18th, 2015 · 03:52 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just thinking .... it might have something to do with how cookies are stored.
If the site never had a "do you accept cookies" option then maybe new software/browsers are dealing with those sites details differently .... 'all of a sudden'
#9January 19th, 2015 · 08:05 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Interesting - in order to login I can no longer use the small login at the top right of the opening page; when I click on it and I get sent to the "can't remember your password"? page, my user name and password are auto-filled in. It sounds like you guys aren't getting that. I'm communicating this stuff to Mud right now.
#10January 19th, 2015 · 11:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
Interesting - in order to login I can no longer use the small login at the top right of the opening page; when I click on it and I get sent to the "can't remember your password"? page, my user name and password are auto-filled in. It sounds like you guys aren't getting that. I'm communicating this stuff to Mud right now.

I've never been logged in for so long .....

So what happened to the film? I watched most of it .... interesting stuff.
#11January 19th, 2015 · 01:44 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
battlecat wrote…

I've never been logged in for so long .....

So what happened to the film? I watched most of it .... interesting stuff.
Ha! I deleted it - I was concerned that it might not have been Mud's wish to do that...but it I can bring it back. Funny I don't see any of your names on the bottom of the Forums page. I only see mine (perpetually...unchanging... ). Something verrry odd is going on here...
#12January 19th, 2015 · 02:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
The chat doesn't see I'm online either. "Please login..." it says. At least you're on it, that's something...
#13January 19th, 2015 · 02:07 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Pressing "my home" brings me to the login page. Also, going to my profile page manually and then trying to upload music, it says "You must review 149 more songs before you may upload more MP3s!"

Wow, I mean WOW, that's harsh! The code must be pretty jumbled. Parts of the site still work though, I'm starting to feel that that's the actual oddity about this whole situation!
#14January 19th, 2015 · 02:30 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey Pup! Long time, brother! Listen everybody, I'm kinda trying to assemble a list of symptoms to provide to Mud. Here's my first take on it:

- Can't use the small “log-in” feature at the top right of the page. When I do I get redirected to the “don't have an account/forget your password?” page. My user ID and password are retained in memory there so just clicking "log in" gets me logged in.

- My name shows at the bottom of the forum page but no one else's name appears to me even if their logged in. (and, if I'm not mistaken, my name doesn't appear to them, even though it appears to me).

- I can never log out. I can't even “time out” my logout. I've been logged in for days. When I attempt to click the little “logout” icon at the top right of the page, I get redirected to the “don't have an account?” page.

- When I click “my home” tab at the top of the page I get redirected to the “forgot your password?...Log-in to your account” page. Clicking on the little “my home” menu option of the lower left of the page gets me to my home page.

- When I hit the "chat" tab at the top of the page I get a blank page that says (in tiny text) "please log in the Bandamp to use the chat" - even though I am...of course...still logged in.

- Attempting to upload a song gets a "you must review 149 songs before you can upload" (HA!)

Please feel free to confirm, add etc. any symptoms you are experiencing...
#15January 19th, 2015 · 02:41 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Oh, and here's the film. The guy they're featuring here is our very own...

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:59 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.