#1January 5th, 2007 · 08:38 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Advanced Search and Ghost Posts
subHeading: Dear Mr Mud

I was checking out a different way to to get around the site and tried out the really boring Advanced Search page, it doesn't seam to like it if you ask it to put the results in order, even though the status bar shows 'an address' it just goes back to it's self, the Advanced search page. This in it's self is no real problem but it would be nice for the function to work.
And it would be very handy/functional if it was implemented into our own 'home' pages : Links, Music, Playlist, Mailbox.
The columns could be; Title, Artist, Last Posted, Posted.

While I'm at it: I think a 'lyrics' tab and a 'blogs' tab would be well appreciated and eventually Well Used

Right! the Ghost Post, I came across this: Audio_Review/1928/18322.html Where is it?
I posted the bit about drums to try and 'find' it, but I couldn't!
[edit] The funny thing is at the moment my name is showing on the main forum page as being the last to have posted in the Audio Review section, but when I go into the Audio Review page there is no post or song or anything where I've posted!!!!!
#2February 20th, 2007 · 05:48 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by ghost posts. But if you mean that the search shows no title on some results, that's because no subject was posted on the reply to a thread. As far as the sorting goes, you're right. I fixed the sorting for date and forum, but thread sorting isnt working right now. And sorting really doesn't help much since search results limit you to 50 results, so it's pretty hard. I might implement css sorting.

As for searching for the bit about drums, I was able to do it if I limited the search to your username. Again it might not have come up in a global search since it takes the most 50 relevant results only.
#3February 20th, 2007 · 12:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If you understand what I mean with sorting the lists on the pages, that in its self is cool!
slasherx wrote…
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by ghost posts.
Follow the link above, then comment on it, then go back up into the Audio Review page and then tell me if you can find it! And if you go up again to the Forum you'll be the most 'recent post' in the audio review!

Thanks for the reaction too.
#4February 22nd, 2007 · 06:31 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Ok I have narrowed it down, and it seems that the thread was deleted, but the sub posts were not. That's the answer to the ghost posts. Unfortunately there's no way you can revive these threads/posts. Sorry.
#5February 22nd, 2007 · 08:23 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool, like a secret page at bandAmp, where only those in 'the know' can enter!
It could be some kind of gathering place for an 'illegal' sect of 'Church of bandAmp' none-conformists, a bit like Mithraists!

Cheers any way

Are you just going through the site bugs and problems?
So requests for 'new' tabs and 'song search list ordering' are dealt with by someone else?
#6February 22nd, 2007 · 05:49 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Tell me about the new tabs and song search listing...

I'm also trying to figure out a way to fix the ghost posts... I'm still not done with that one yet, it's just on hold.
#7February 22nd, 2007 · 07:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea Ghost Posts, what ever, I just find it funny! It could have been a comment on a song that was deleted before it was actually posted?? I denno!
Any way!
MUCH more important : "Tell me about the new tabs and song search listing..."
You have asked the golden question and win a prize!

- There have been a few requests, my own included, for a 'lyrics' tab to be added to everybodys 'home page', next to music, blog, playlist, links etc, it's only fair that lyrics can be accessed as easily as music. It has been discussed in a few threads, here's one : http://forum.bandamp.com/Feedback/41699.html

- Next we have the 'Collaboration Review'  below Lyrics Review and Audio Review  in the Forums.
It's not just an excellent idea, it's an essential idea!
Keep your dope with religion, Sex on TV kind of thing, Serious finished songs would go to the Audio Review, and on to battles. Requests and ideas for collaborations, noodles and the rest would go in the "Collaboration Review" to be toyed with, discussed and debated!

These are two recent ideas I have personally lobbied for, there are more ideas in this forum, but every one here can speak for themselves I believe!  

The "song search listing" thing is my own idea that I can never seam to explain properly! Probably because it does work, I just don't know how yet! lol

Cheers for the ear any way!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.