#1January 5th, 2007 · 05:39 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
Lyrics
I was wondering; instead of going through my threads to find my lyrics, couldn't it be on the top of 'Home'?
Like this:

username * blog * music * lyrics * playlist * links * album * favorites *

?

So that guests can easily find our lyrics too... 
#2January 5th, 2007 · 06:43 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I agree, this has been proposed before, by kings, I believe.

Until mud gets back from wherever, you'd have to wait. But I agree that this is a good idea.
#3January 9th, 2007 · 01:05 PM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway

Cause there is people here who only have lyrics...
And you'd have to search through 'threads'

#4January 13th, 2007 · 06:44 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Yeh, good idea, Kine, also to kings.

This would help me out too, because, as it is, I like to write music with lyrics, but for my music to be heard on the amp, it will simply be either music I make for the sake of being computer generated, or computer generated missing key features like vocals, so having quick browsing lyrics by users would be great! Therefore, I would feel more interested in writing songs to post lyrics (and more people would say, oh that Writersblock is such a so-and-so, he really has a way with the words, as the dream goes...), so I would post more lyrics if you added that little tab, if it isn't too much to ask.

So, please     ..... do it.
#5January 14th, 2007 · 12:11 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Ok, I was just casually looking through the lyrics forum, when bam! it hit me, there are so many songs that haven't been commented on, it's like the focus is on the audio, even though the critique on the lyrics can play an important role. Something should be done about this overtop of the quick browse lyrics. For example, the announcement that no one had been voting on the battles. Who sorts out the announcements? I think this is an issue that they may interest in...

I'll post a link in the news forum about it, I think that stuff can transfer over to announcements.
#6February 24th, 2007 · 01:52 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I've just noticed the new forum "user lyrics", will someone care to explain that to me? I think the stuff there goes to the homepage of the person posting it, however, I am confused about how it is a whole new forum, and I have noticed the posts currently standing there aren't original lyrics, so... should lyrics be posted there from now on, or is it possible to shift the threads on the lyrics forum onto the homepage, instead of reposting in "user lyrics", leaving out the previously posted comments andconfusing people like me.

Does anyone have a clue??!!
#7February 24th, 2007 · 03:14 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Let me explain this clearly. Everyone is vague on the idea, so I am vague on the idea. To implement something, you need to test it first. I don't write music, in fact I could really care less about music, so what I did was get some sample data and paste it. There! That's it. You might not like the test data, but it is what it is because it's easier for me to paste lyrics that have been made than to learn about music and make my own just for the sake of posting sample data. The point of it was to have that tab in the users profile to show what they have written, and if you're logged in, you can post directly from that lyrics tab. It shows up in the forum listing too because I want people to be able to either go there too as opposed to searching through every persons page to see what lyrics they have and the ability to use the search. And also so they can go there and post comments or whatever on the lyric, even corrections/suggestions. But since people don't like the idea, I will be scraping the whole collaboration/lyrics idea altogether.
#8February 24th, 2007 · 03:32 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Pity! Its was such a good idea.
#9February 24th, 2007 · 04:02 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hmm...
I may have misunderstood.
Collaboration is a good idea for the forums...
Lyrics would be good to put direct through our homepages.
I just didn't know what the new forum was about, another lyrics forum, and I was confused by the material, I would have been less hesitant if I had realised the intention.
Is there the chance to keep the lyrics tab and work the lyrics forum in with that.
I didn't meaan to come off against the idea, I thought it was great.

WB
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 2:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.