1 2

#1July 2nd, 2012 · 10:01 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
song uploading
This probably is all my own browser / systems fault but it's still happening.

Tried twice to upload a song yesterday ... first time from FF it said it had a Server Error ... Browser is giving wrong info, second time also with FF but with Avast turned off ... in case it was doing something, but bandamp gave the same message.
Tried to upload this morning in a newly installed Chrome ... really cool feature telling me how much is uploaded but bandamp tells me I already have a song of that name .... bollocks I do !

Bloody temperamental site ... no wonder it's quiet !

I'll try to clear the cache ... it might help ... yet bandamp was the first page I went to when I installed Chrome!
#2July 2nd, 2012 · 10:49 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
No, clearing FF cache did not work either ... it came up with an error server timed out message.
#3July 2nd, 2012 · 02:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Send me the song, I'll try uploading it.
Just a hunch, try doing a disc clean u, look at all options.
What's the name of the song, I assume you are not using any signs etc, which I'm sure you know don't allow you to upload.
Check your mp3 settings, and your Cubase settings, keep it 16bit and 44100Hz
Try changing the name
#4July 3rd, 2012 · 08:12 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Denis wrote…
Send me the song, I'll try uploading it.
Just a hunch, try doing a disc clean u, look at all options.
What's the name of the song, I assume you are not using any signs etc, which I'm sure you know don't allow you to upload.
Check your mp3 settings, and your Cubase settings, keep it 16bit and 44100Hz
Try changing the name
Cheers Denis
I need to try out saving in iTunes, a PX tip which has worked in the past ... I just dont want to install it!
I might try some other programs too, Wavelab has given me problems like this in the past.

Name is fine, bit rate and Hz as they should be, internet connection and browser are good as far as I know ... it's probably Mud and how he's written in recognising codecs or tags or some encoding or something like that when uploading to the site, it's all his own code and I'm not the only one with this problem.

I'll try again later ... 
#5July 4th, 2012 · 04:09 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
There are several checkings before you can upload your file.
Perhaps it's useful to write it down in the FAQs which certain criteria must be fulfilled.
I'll make a collection of those criterias and place it somewhere in the FAQs or RUles or so
#6July 4th, 2012 · 05:21 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
There are several checkings before you can upload your file.
Perhaps it's useful to write it down in the FAQs which certain criteria must be fulfilled.
I'll make a collection of those criterias and place it somewhere in the FAQs or RUles or so
Yes 'certain criteria to be fulfilled' in deed !
As well as 'only text and number' file names I'm sure you could add "advisable to save in a popular standardised media program" or something like that,
 iTunes worked for me before, I had AIMP2 installed so tried that this time, and that worked.
MP3s saved in Wavelab have done this before to me, I'd just forgotten, it's been so long since I uploaded
It must be how wavlab 'encodes' mp3s and what muds code checks for.... or expects to receive.
#7July 4th, 2012 · 03:51 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Yes, open your file with the tag editor in AIMP, do nothing just save and you're able to upload your track.

$result := MP3 != MP3;

ID3 tags need to be in a certain format. This is not Mud's code. Sourceforge.net once offered a class GetID3 to check MP3 files. This is used here before it runs through the heavenly work by our all of us honored code guru.

Check your mailbox for detailed information
#8July 4th, 2012 · 03:53 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
it's NOT the browser!
#9July 7th, 2012 · 03:21 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Same thing has happened to me when I treid to upload my song a few days ago. Is it the format that we're both saving in?... except persistance with the same file eventually paid off for me. so idk...  It's def not the browser cos chrome and firefox produced the same problem...  (although chrome has recently come up with a weird start up message saying "couldn't open profile" ever since the leap second... This doesn't affect anything on mine except chrome no longer saves any input info like usernames)... so is it bandamps site or servers?... 
#10July 9th, 2012 · 10:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
No, it's not bandamps site or servers.
You get the message because the open source script for ID3 tag checking seems to run into a loop or so. It's the way how the browser shows its behaviour.

For all technicians:
Here is a link where you can find everything about ID3 tags in audio & video files.
http://www.id3.org/

Really interesting is the developer section
http://www.id3.org/Developer_Information

and the implementation section where you can find a list of programs with which you can edit the ID3 tags in your files
http://www.id3.org/Implementations

Hope that helped
#11July 9th, 2012 · 10:20 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Here is a thread out of Steinberg's forum

https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77493
#12July 9th, 2012 · 10:23 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
#13July 9th, 2012 · 03:38 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
Ok, Thanks TK for clearing that up. I see now that you've explained it pretty clearly, It's just that I'm not clued up on this and didn't even know what iD3 tags even were.

So without going into the chunks and sub chunks of the situation (cos it's a little over my head)... when I save an mp3 in AIMP does it save without any iD3 tags at all (is this even possible) or just in a format that bandamps source script can understand. As in is it the tag itself that causes it to run in a loop or is it the info saved in the tag?
#14July 9th, 2012 · 04:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
IanS wrote…
Ok, Thanks TK for clearing that up. I see now that you've explained it pretty clearly, It's just that I'm not clued up on this and didn't even know what iD3 tags even were.

So without going into the chunks and sub chunks of the situation (cos it's a little over my head)... when I save an mp3 in AIMP does it save without any iD3 tags at all (is this even possible) or just in a format that bandamps source script can understand. As in is it the tag itself that causes it to run in a loop or is it the info saved in the tag?

Ian ... always tag your mp3s before uploading on-line ... anywhere.
It's what sites search for when looking for music, it's what's displayed on any good media player ... you know name, title, artist, album, number on album, copyright holder ... etc etc etc , judging by the info at Steinberg there are A LOT of tag possibilities.

As you've probably read I tagged and saved my original mp3 in AIMP2 (it's free and well cool), doing this somehow put all the info that is stored with the mp3 in an order and manner that bandamps uploading code understood ... as compared to the mp3 saved in Steinbergs software that 'tagged' the mp3 in a way bandamp did not recognise ... but then TK has explained all this and you've understood ... I suppose I'm also understanding it for the first time, and it has been the cause of a lot of frustration for a lot of people.

Try this ... every digital file has a 'header', this is a string of code containing all the relevant info about that file ... TK sent me a comparison of both headers : mp3 saved in Steinberg and mp3 saved in AIMP2, both headers were very different.
Now while Steinbergs header is very tidy and probably very correct it's just not recognised by the code that uploads songs to bandamp ... I tried other sites too with the same results ... the site hanging and nothing happening until an error smacks you in the face
#15July 9th, 2012 · 05:03 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
85 posts
United Kingdom
cool. already downloaded AIMP just there. I'll do this next time I upload. Thanks
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.