1 2

#1October 19th, 2010 · 06:00 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
none loading pages
I use Fire Fox as a browser and I keep my most used pages open in tabs.
So when I open FF it automatically loads my last tabs...yes ?
No! bandamp.com does not load, since a few months I've had to use my bandAmpBar to open a bandamp.com page every time.
The "try again" button does not make a difference, some times the 'refresh' button does.
I was just wondering if it is only on my machine!
#2October 19th, 2010 · 11:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
No idea, I use FF, but close all tabs, does EI offer the same feature, if so see what happens.
I deleted the option of whether to save tabs, if I find out how to get it back, I can try it out and see what happens.
I wonder if it's a security thing? try disabling your bandAmpBar, just a hunch
#3October 19th, 2010 · 12:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes I thought about the bandAmpBar, FF might pick up on some link that comes from it.....naa that dont make sence but I'll try it ant way.

So you deleted your options...how the hell did you do that !   
Normally it's in Tools/options and then the Tab tab.

EI ? Whats EI ?        too many pills matey !!
#4October 19th, 2010 · 12:55 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I donīt have any problems to load the bA-site in my open tabs when I start the computer .
Every tab appears without a problem . I donīt know much about computers , but I can imagine it has to do with
adjustments in the FF.
Maybe TK has any idea , heīs pro .
    U . L . I .
#5October 19th, 2010 · 01:52 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Yes I thought about the bandAmpBar, FF might pick up on some link that comes from it.....naa that dont make sence but I'll try it ant way.

So you deleted your options...how the hell did you do that !   
Normally it's in Tools/options and then the Tab tab.

EI ? Whats EI ?        too many pills matey !!
Na..... dyslectic IE 

When I first started using FF not IE....lol, when I closed a session it gave me the option of whether to bring up the window to save tabs or not, I ticked the box, so... Bobs your Uncle, and Fanny's your Aunt - Good 'er init.
#6October 21st, 2010 · 01:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK! So you sussed your tabs , good.

This thing I have with the bandAmp pages not opening at FF startup is still happening.....and it might not be because of my machine....probably is but for the sake of argument...

This is the warning "Firefox can't find the server at forum.bandamp.com" with an explanation that I may have forgotten www and the funny thing is bandamp.com is the only tab without WWW before it.
#7October 21st, 2010 · 03:05 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
hmmm....

in the majority of cases it depends on the person in the front of the screen.

Obviously you need a person surrounded by a magic aura?

Seriously I can't reproduce this issue. It works fine for me on FF, IE, Opera, Safari, but it always seemed I am having this special touch, hmmm dunno....

forget the pink pills, take the green ones... they'll bring you maximum effect, matey
#8October 21st, 2010 · 04:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'm onto the ones with polkadots by now ..... everything is so clear ....... !!!

I know very well it's not something you can sort out, it something with my system setup...the fact that bandamp has no WWW though did make me think....but only a little bit.
#9October 22nd, 2010 · 05:28 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
The translations of the prefixes is being made with the Apache server running on our webserver. The redirection refers to the script files written in PHP.
I don't understand your thinking about www or not (in this case forum.bandamp.com) and your problems.
Maybe you can open up our minds wide by providing us some of your polkadots
#10October 22nd, 2010 · 05:37 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Too strange ! It actually opened this morning straight into a bandAmp page......

So the polkadots do work !!

Conclusion : It has a mind of it's own !!!

Cheers for following and thinking along in any case.
#11October 24th, 2010 · 06:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK....a few days later....the power supply has burned out on my main tower (council depots dont give guarantees lol) so I've had to set up my old tower...XP , intel4 etc a completely different system in every way......and would you believe it I opened FF just now and it refused to open http://forum.bandamp.com/ which was one of the still open tabs !!!

Problem loading page   

#12October 24th, 2010 · 07:26 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
http://www.techsupportforum.com/alternative-computing/mozilla-firefox-browsers/289714-problem-loading-page.html

maybe this is for you

Proxy?

You may find other people with similar problem and then compare the settings and values
#13October 24th, 2010 · 04:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
http://www.techsupportforum.com/alternative-computing/mozilla-firefox-browsers/289714-problem-loading-page.html

maybe this is for you

Proxy?

You may find other people with similar problem and then compare the settings and values
Good read, thank you.
Whether or not I'll get into 're programing' FF at the moment I dont know, I am after all on an old system till the other is repaired.
There are some good tips in there to get FF moving quicker.

I'd also made some kind of search but kept on coming up with how to open tabs
#14October 26th, 2010 · 03:50 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK! The on going saga of the none loading pages......it gets even better

I'm now back on my normal tower and system, I opened FF this morning , of course forums.bandamp.com was open in a tab but was not loaded as usual, 'try again' did not work, 'reload' did not work...clicking a link in the bandAmpBar did not work.
So I thought I'd use google....so typed bandamp in google, got results, clicked first link ..... and NO it would not load....not even through Google!!!

Just thought...could it be my cache needs cleaning, that the bandamp files I have residing in my system are somehow 'old' and that FF skips them for some reason.
I sometimes get bandamp pages without the css....until I reload the page again.
#15October 26th, 2010 · 07:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
without css? That's curious...
again my question: proxy settings?
How does your connect configuration and/or network settings looks like? Can you send me a screenshot?
FF add-ins / plug-ins?
cleaning the cache, cookies and temp files for three times (!!!) close and open browser every time should work
3rd party firewall?
antivir software?
=> turn off all those "tools" and restart your computer
router problems?
ISP limitations?

Same issues with IE? Opera? Safari?

Other than that you might host a pink-pill-virus (who knows?) !?
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.