1 2

#1March 6th, 2010 · 05:43 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
New Chat
Question:
I use IE8. Why does the chat window look so strange?

Answer:
If you are using the latest Internet Explorer 8 you have to enable the compatibilty mode.
Firefox (recommended), Chrome, Safari work fine
I am working on a solution to force IE8 into the compatibility mode
#2March 6th, 2010 · 05:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Question:
Why doesnt the chat come up when I browsed through threads and posts. It opens a new forum page

Answer:
Fixed today.... fault by me (sorry), Shouldn't happen now any longer
#3March 6th, 2010 · 08:41 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Hey - we're having some amazing conversations with this new chat. One problem I'm experiencing - I can't get the little popup window to expand full-screen (?)
#4March 6th, 2010 · 10:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
battlecat wrote…
Hey - we're having some amazing conversations with this new chat. One problem I'm experiencing - I can't get the little popup window to expand full-screen (?)
I dont think your meant to , it stays that size....I think! It is a pop up.......pop ups can do that
something else I dont know but it might be a good idea would be to make it 'stay on top' of the main window.
#5March 6th, 2010 · 11:25 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey ... yes you can , it can be resized, and docked full screen.
Or do you mean the actual chat box cant be dragged full height of the page?

It actually impractical to have it stay on top too....not when it plings at you un all
#6March 6th, 2010 · 06:26 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
If possible, could you fix the flood control kick?
Well, it seems sometimes I get a bit talkative and the chat seems to think I'm flooding.

> Iszil
#7March 7th, 2010 · 06:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Iszil wrote…
If possible, could you fix the flood control kick?
Well, it seems sometimes I get a bit talkative and the chat seems to think I'm flooding.

> Iszil

there are several options to adjust time between and length of messages.
I think I can figure that out
#8March 7th, 2010 · 07:06 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Flood Proxy
temporarily disabled
#9March 7th, 2010 · 11:59 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
woot
#10April 11th, 2010 · 08:44 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Losing connection in chat after song download
Question:
A message appears in the chat window "You must be connected to send a message" and the connection gets lost when I finished downloading a song in the Audio Review section. How can I avoid to get disconnected?

Answer:
When PuppetXeno noticed this issue yesterday I tried to force it with different browsers.
It seemed that the message comes up with Firefox and IE, Opera and Google Chrome kept connected.

Now one day later I tried to force that issue again and it worked now with all types of browsers. But I haven't done anything.

Does anyone still have this problem?
If so it's very helpful to know what exactly the message caused.
#11April 11th, 2010 · 04:58 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Will check if it works now.. I've been using Chrome however... Also must say I did see battlecat online in the chat but he was not responding at all over atleast 20 minutes... Which is contrary to expectations.

also,

doesn't seem quite right!
#12April 11th, 2010 · 04:59 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ps sorry didn't resize properly.. but alteast you get to see what's not right about it...
#13April 11th, 2010 · 10:09 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
... Also must say I did see battlecat online in the chat but he was not responding at all over atleast 20 minutes... Which is contrary to expectations
Hmmmmmmm.....I coulda been spacing out again...it happens every once in awhile....DAMNED HALLUCINOGEN FLASHBACKS!
#14April 12th, 2010 · 02:42 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…
Will check if it works now.. I've been using Chrome however... Also must say I did see battlecat online in the chat but he was not responding at all over atleast 20 minutes... Which is contrary to expectations.

also,

PX...... A BLUE XP? ... nooooo !
Get 7 it is SOOO much nicer in every possible way

#15April 12th, 2010 · 04:31 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…

also,

PX...... A BLUE XP? ... nooooo !
Get 7 it is SOOO much nicer in every possible way

:D

Oh no, you don't. You have unwittingly fallen into becoming a microsoft advertising goon, attempting to force their crappy products onto me. Like so many others... Why? What brainwashing devices could possibly be present on your system, that you come to act out this way? Could it be.. MSN? Isn't that the cyberspace hyperbeacon with welcoming committee for hackers to install crappy malware and steal your processor time?

As for my response to this suggestion:

I'll spell it out for you.

N
O

If it ain't broke, don't fix. Especially not when I'm sure to get compatibility problems with the software I'm currently using... It's going to take effort and energy to install this "7" .. It will probably not be a very happy experience at all.. PLUS it will cost me money to upgrade.. Why on EARTH should I invest any more money when my current system suffices on every level?

Besides, next time I upgrade my system, there will be no more microsuck products on it. I'll most likely use Ubuntu as OS. Sure that will come with happy moments aswell, software compatibility wise, but atleast there will be workarounds for everything.. And it will cost nothing.

Oh.. sorry for the lengthy and off-topic post.. but that "why don't u upgrade" stuff really gets to my nerves. My business is my business, as per default.

Thanks...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 8:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.