1 2

#1May 13th, 2006 · 04:23 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Need Help
I'm finding it difficult to keep up with the newsletter each month. I really don't like writing it at all, it actually haunts me for days before it's sent out. Every month it is 15 days late. It's rediculous. I just hate writing in general really. I'm going to write it right now, but, next month, if anyone wants to take over... PLEASE DO!

So, anyone who wants to take over, put your name here. Then other people comment on who they would like to see do it. It could even be a group project. I'm leaving it up to you guys.

Right now the Newsletter is pretty lame. Lot's of stuff that could be done there.
#2May 13th, 2006 · 04:25 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
The reason why I've not been around lately, is because I feel like I've been letting you guys down.

Not only on the newsletter, but the delay of the newest version.
#3May 13th, 2006 · 04:53 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Hi Mud,

we had a little discussion about the quality of BandAMP last days. The result of this discussion was that there isn't someone who cares about this great website. The site needs a moderator. We asked PuppetXeno to do this and he agreed. He has great experiences and he is willing to do this.

Please do something before really serious members and fantastic musicians leave the site and go to elsewhere. Guess that isnt in your mind.

I know that this post has nothing to do with your request but by solving this problem there will be someone who wants to write your newsletter.

Talk to PuppetXeno.

Thank you

TritonKeyboarder
#4May 13th, 2006 · 05:50 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Ok, I'll contact PuppetXeno.

Like 6 people PM'd me to do that, so better listen to you guys!

I've talked with him before, and he seems really cool.
#5May 14th, 2006 · 08:06 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
oh yeah PX would be a great mod. If we're nominating, i second him
BTW, if you specify what you'd like in the newsletter, i could manage it if i know enough about it.
#6May 17th, 2006 · 02:10 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Oldies324 wrote…
oh yeah PX would be a great mod. If we're nominating, i second him
BTW, if you specify what you'd like in the newsletter, i could manage it if i know enough about it.

Well, basically the newsletter comprises of two sections currently:

Hall of Fame: You basically just say who won, and a few comments about this months battle.

News: You say what happened this month in bandamp (new features added, ect), or perhaps plug an event someone is having, or anything else of this nature.

It's very loose right now. I know it could be much better...
#7May 17th, 2006 · 06:25 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
I would love to do it. Just one thing though, how would one know about the new features, apart from going to through the whole site to check if anything is new. 
#8May 17th, 2006 · 07:54 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
that was my question as well... there would have to be excellent cooperation/communication between mud, PX, Entheon, and the writer. Still, I'd be happy to help Bandamp in any way I can.
#9May 17th, 2006 · 08:55 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Perhaps, interviews with some of Bandamp's artists would be a nice addition to the newsletter...  Get us a chance to learn more about each other.. and tighten up the community...

Just an idea.....

a really good one.... 

Jim K
#10May 17th, 2006 · 10:45 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
LOL Jim I'm guessing you'd like to be the first?
#11May 18th, 2006 · 12:27 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Actually I think Swordfish or JBP would be good or even Chauvette... if anyone can get ahold of him...

I would suggest Creative Control, but she is MIA,  And PX is going to busy for a while..

One I would love to hear about is Buzz.... He seems very nice and open..

Triton Keyboarder is busy with his multi million dollar recording contract (ok, not really)

So, you know.... it don't matter....   THere are so many interesting people here....

Enquiring minds want to know!

Jim K
#12May 18th, 2006 · 01:23 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Oldies324 wrote…
that was my question as well... there would have to be excellent cooperation/communication between mud, PX, Entheon, and the writer. Still, I'd be happy to help Bandamp in any way I can.

Erm, not sure where entheon went actually. He's been in Texas working on his own projects for the past five months or so. Have not really heard much from him. Been curious what he's up to, hopefully working on his music

As to new features, whenever the new feature is note-worthy, I post it on the Announcements. Latelly, as you have seen, not many new features. Looks like the chatroom was the lastest thing to be added. Which leads me into Jim's idea...

Jim: The interviews idea sounds really cool. That would be better than what currently is in the newsletter... like an interview of the #1 artist that month? Would be awesome. I'm pretty sure the #1 person would be willing to give an interview... guess it's a matter of finding an interviewer.
#13May 18th, 2006 · 06:49 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
May I tell you what I like?

there is a movement with BandAMP!

Go ahead with your ideas
#14May 18th, 2006 · 09:56 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
I agree. all these ideas sound really good.

Jim, that's a great idea. I think stuff like that would really improve the BandAmp community... you know, bring us a little closer together.
#15May 19th, 2006 · 10:22 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
An idea for the profiling of an artist, is to have a standard set of open-ended questions, that can be emailed to the number one artist that month.  They can fill it in and send it back, then all that is required is editing.  I know that everyone's time is precious, so this could help minimize the length of time that would be required for a standard interview.

If you wanted to learn more about some other people, maybe once a person has posted a certain number of songs)five maybe?), their home page would automatically prompt them to fill in the interview questionnaire, before they can post anymore songs (similar to the way that people have to have three posts before they can post a song).  Just some ideas for you.  I'm pretty new around here, but love this site and plan to stick around.

Maybe we could start a thread where we ask folks what sort of things they want to know about an artist...then we could compile those things into the interview form.

I'm willing to help
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 10:28 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.