1 2 3

#16February 24th, 2009 · 08:38 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol dude im SERIOUS!!!!
I was at my teachers computer and she played it and it was perfectly clear like when I play it on my computer.
If I go on someone elses computer and listen to it on bandamp, it sounds awful, but if i listen to the emailed file it sounds fine.
Why does it work for my teacher, me, all of my friends, but not here on bandamp or you?

Im not in denial...or am i?....
im saying that it does play fine on my computer (listening to the file itself and when i listen on bandamp, and the mp3 file sounds fine when i email it to my friends.)

Do you or does anyone know why it works for some and doesnt for others?
Oh and I noticed that i DO have Asio4all....

jeez i wish this nightmare would end lol
#17February 24th, 2009 · 08:39 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Marino wrote…
Theres is a conflict there in your sound device but Im not sure what it is.....Have you tried reinstalling?

Like reinstalling Vista?
#18February 25th, 2009 · 01:53 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Mmm.. I just downloaded the mp3 from the audio review page, and it's perfect--- no noise.  yet when I play it in the amp, it's there.

Mmmmmmm...

My diagnosis is that you're song is at 48k frequency.  44.1k is the "standard", if there ever was one.

The bandamp player has been known to molest songs that are not in 44.1k

On your final output mp3, I would open it up in Audacity, and then click on the track's title.  You'll get a menu, involving options like... "move track down", or "split stereo track", etc, etc.  The last entry is "Set Rate > ".  From that "Set Rate" sub menu, pick 44100 instead of 48000.

Then export it again as an mp3 so that your change actual is saved somewhere
#19February 25th, 2009 · 01:53 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
ah, and then reupload it to test
#20February 25th, 2009 · 01:57 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
(terribly sorry for triple post)

i reread your first post, and you said you recorded at 44.1k, but your mp3 is in 48k, whether you know why or not I think your final export is just going out the door in the wrong frequency
#21February 25th, 2009 · 09:39 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
THANK YOU!!!!!!! lol
yes see the mp3 plays fine when you download it.

ok TLS im gonna go try that...i sure hope it works....

*dead silence*
#22February 25th, 2009 · 09:41 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
OK SO TLS!!!
I just went into audacity and i have like 15 tracks or something. DO i have to go down and change every single thing to 44.1? oh and lol its at 960000 or something lol!!!'

ok i guess ill go through and change all of them to 44.1

lets see if this works
#23February 25th, 2009 · 09:49 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
HOLY FREAKING NUTS ON FIRE!!!

ok so i set everything to 441000 and it put everything in super slow motion and nothing is on time with anything anymore....
WHAT THE FREAKING CRAP!!!

and i dont think it will make any difference when i export it will it?

so all in all my vocals would come in at the wrong time and it sounds like NOOOOOO you know slow motion screaming? well it sounded like crap
#24February 25th, 2009 · 04:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I take it you dont have wavelab....excellent program.....
I've read the thread and I would try a 'save as... ' on the original , good , 960000000000k version of the mp3, but then save it as 44100kHs and if it still plays fast you can just change the speed/time tempo.
You cant simply change the sample rate of a song half way through it will influence the audio samples and midi tracks in different ways, a change of speed would be one of those things. Because your working on the song and your audio editor program is set at a certain sample rate, changing it in the program only changes the program not the samples, they will just be played differently.
You have to process / convert the sample it's self or start the song from scratch with samples of matching sample rates and the programs sample rate set correctly.
#25February 25th, 2009 · 05:17 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
the pain. the pain.
im really sick today and have no idea what your saying but ill come back when im feeling better and hopefully ill understand. my head is killing me
thanks for your help.
#26February 25th, 2009 · 08:15 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I meant audacity...
Get a bit rate converter and start using the 44.1 setting on your next tracks....
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/MPEG_Audio_Players_and_Editors/Alt_MP3_Bitrate_Converter_Download.html

Remember 44 bit
#27February 26th, 2009 · 06:47 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Cool thanks...I'll give it a try.

How come when TLS downloaded the song from bandamp it played fine?
#28February 28th, 2009 · 06:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Because music-playing software on computers is smart enough to adapt to the difference in frequency.

if you think about it, if 44.1 is a standard, and yours is at 48, and then consider that "frequency" means the number of wavelengths fit into a second (or maybe some other unit of time).  So, 48 means that you're packing more waves into each second.  Our bandamp player tries to read all mp3s as if they were 44.1.   That's a problem for songs at 48, because they'll sound like they're playing too fast.  Of course, the side effect on yours was more like that stuttering because it couldn't figure out how to time it.

If you were to save at 96, the difference would be more obvious, and would play back at wacko speeds.

bottom line: Plan the frequency from the start.  It's always worth investigating the settings to make sure you're defaulting to 44.1.  Other frequencies are okay for other things, but standards are standards, so it's best to stick with 44.1

You might not be able to completely "salvage" this mp3, if the various audacity tracks are at different frequencies.. We can download and listen, though :P

I intend on having an mp3 player on the site rewrite that won't choke on non-44.1 files.  I'm prepared to write my own streaming mp3 player if I can't find one for free.  Too bad our current "Wimpy" player sucks.  I'd expect more out of a company that charges money for that player.
#29February 28th, 2009 · 06:14 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
mm, and a quick technicality-- some posts have casually referred to this "frequency" as a "rate" or something to do with "bits".  That's kind of true, but it's actually a vastly different thing than a "bit rate".  The bit rate is the quality packed into the song, and has nothing to do with wavelengths, tempos, or goofy speeds.  That being the case, feel free to make your songs at any "bitrate" that you want.

Bit rate is measured in the number of 1's and 0's dedicated to reproducing your recording, per second.  It's measured in thousands.  So even though we refer to songs as being in a 192 bit rate, that actually means 192kbps (kilobits per second).  Frequency, however, is measured in hertz, like your computer's processor.  Frequency is also in thousands, so that's where the 44.1k comes from.  More properly, it would be written out like "44.1 kHz"
#30March 1st, 2009 · 04:12 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
do you think he gets that?
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 7:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.