#1January 9th, 2015 · 08:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cut
Well, got some lyrics to post. Haven't written a lot of lyrics last year, but these are fresh from january 2015. Seems I have found new inspiration, which is a good thing. The lyrics are somewhat gothic-like, and I recorded a song with it (called "Cut - the automutilation radio cut") which I shall not soon upload (but maybe I will).

So I wonder, can anyone extract somewhat of an underlying story here?

Cut

back in the daze, will I fullfil desire?
end of the road, take a ride in the fire

I see angels in the flashing light
torn from dreams, all the love inspite
follow eyes and faces in the void
earthen muse; throughout the day we toil

hollow at heart - am I dark at the soul?
never it was, but the memory's whole

I see angels in the flashing light
torn from dreams, all the love inspite
follow eyes and faces in the void
earthen muse; throughout the day we toil

I hear angel voices calling out to me
I hear angels crying out "it cannot be!"
spinning past the spiral of reality
no end to this, now end with this, and at last we breathe

"put away any sense of the past"
... harrowing rhyme of the false and unjust

put to rest all of agony's blades
kiss the heart turned upside to a spade
#2January 18th, 2015 · 04:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
No I cant figure out an immediate story, but it's worded in a way that it's meant to be twisting and turning, hiding stuff in the shadows of it other worldly guise
Light and dark, then and now, memories and acceptance, a long drawn out moment of realisation.
#3January 21st, 2015 · 03:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds like the angels are having a tough time and they need help - your help, but can you?
#4January 21st, 2015 · 06:49 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
To be honest, I don't really get a linear story out of this, but I do get a kind of "stream of consciousness" thing with this, involving a sense of struggle...examination...of life, of memories... of pain...of loss. I do get a sense that this person is experiencing psychic/spiritual pain. There seems to be a mixed experience here of a conscious thought process, together with a kind of dreamlike state. There are multiple references to the potential great beyond...(angels or fire) and death (essential mortality..."put to rest all of agony's blades, kiss the heart turned upside to a spade"). It comes off as a person's potential contemplation of potential options to this pain. Frankly I experience this as a kind of suicidal contemplation ("no end to this, now end with this, and at last we breathe"). Potentially a very powerful (and quite dark) composition. Have you considered writing children's books? 
#5January 23rd, 2015 · 01:48 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks guys,

I kinda wanted to post these lyrics for they're the first thing that came out of my pen after a chance encounter with someone special from my past. It entices change, one way or another, as does drawing the "Death" card from a tarot deck. Can't avoid it, and it means having to let go of something in order to plot a new and brighter course.

There is indeed not a linear story, or indeed all of this is part of it, and I be damned if I could be any more cryptic!

Hell... I'll just upload the tune that comes with it. The souped up version.
#6January 28th, 2015 · 05:47 PM
22 threads / 1 songs
64 posts
United States of America
"Cut"
Very nice. I love your lyric style. Angels and the Demons vary dark and cool. Defining a plane of
Existance that mortals don't see.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.