#1January 23rd, 2015 · 01:51 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cut (extended)

This song is not in a battle

The first version was called "The Automutilation Radio Cut" because it was under three minutes and more in-your-face, hence ready for radio (but not kiddies radio)

The lyrics are here

I reused that recording and remixed the subluminal parts more to the front and jumbled some things together at the end, so it became an album version. But by uploading it, I kinda forfeit the chance of a commercial release of this... haha!

Nevermind that, I just "aim to please, at my parties"

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 23rd, 2015 · 04:40 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
Hey mate. Nirvana ...the start of the track.so cool!
#3January 23rd, 2015 · 06:58 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow - spooky, trippy, dark. It really helps to have the lyrics at hand because the experience is so much more profound that way. In addition to what occurred within me when I read the lyrics, I also experienced them being articulated by these tortured demonic voices. It becomes more than just a dreamlike interpretation of death...it becomes almost like a demonic possession.
#4January 26th, 2015 · 02:48 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Thanks guys, and yeah grainshifter, I know about the superficialities of the tunage! Just being rootsy I suppose. But the melodic chord progression of the chorus certainly doesn't appear to be very grunge-like.

And cat, yeah, I feel that too. I actually attempted to create something uplifting, but whatever I make always seems to be unable to escape the Tempest*. But that's okay, utilizing autohypnosis is a viable gambit to come to creative output. It does make for a dark, psychic tone, however.

• That is a reference to the Wraith: The Oblivion roleplaying system, just didn't know how else to put it   
#5January 26th, 2015 · 05:21 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Cut (extended)
PuppetXeno wrote…
The first version was called "The Automutilation Radio Cut" because it was under three minutes and more in-your-face, hence ready for radio (but not kiddies radio)

The lyrics are here

I reused that recording and remixed the subluminal parts more to the front and jumbled some things together at the end, so it became an album version. But by uploading it, I kinda forfeit the chance of a commercial release of this... haha!

Nevermind that, I just "aim to please, at my parties"

JEEZ I eNjOyEd that a lot!!!!!
Thanks PUP!!

I even heard the words !!! (but did take a peek at them too!!)
and that makes it special on the amp where metal style trax are concerned
u took the time and thought to mix it to make sure the song message heard

a tip for all!!

Inspired fish
#6January 28th, 2015 · 06:06 PM
22 threads / 1 songs
64 posts
United States of America
"Cut"
Nice "Puppet. I read your lyrics before I listened to your song. Angels and Demons very dark and cool.
Describing a reality of the surreal plane of existance that we mortals dare not tread. I loved it. I just wish
you would have brought up the vocals towards the last minute and a half. Maybe if you panned them a little.
Enough of the critique it was very nicely done kudos to "Puppet Xeno"
#7January 29th, 2015 · 03:18 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re:
Stonyson wrote…
I just wish
you would have brought up the vocals towards the last minute and a half. Maybe if you panned them a little.
LOL, I've been saying the same thing for years

Though I would not say that about this piece. This is very clear and articulated .... and an absolute pleasure to listen to.
Your a master song writer PX and this is yet more proof of your mastery of the muse.
Tripping must be like putting flanger and echo effects on the mind, because putting them on music makes it seriously trippy.

Love the tone
Love the drone
Love the space cadet groan
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.