#1January 6th, 2007 · 12:57 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
慰めは私達の後ろに今のところある
This song is heavily inspired by Hikaru Utada's Passion song.  Also, I pulled some inspiration out of a lyric set that I wrote for Daeljan's song called The Blue Room (my lyrics for it were never posted, but we worked on it for a while together.)

Anyway, the song title is in Japanese, as are a couple of lines in the song.  Now, my knowledge of proper japanese particle placement is limited, so I apologize if I`ve used the wrong particle in a few places

I'm currently putting together some image tiles of the characters, in case I have some viewers whose computers don`t have japanese/chinese character support!  (please don`t bother using online translators, because the title will translate to something like "The amusement is far in my rear".  that`s not the title!  besides, i`m trying to perfect my usage of characters anyway)

So, here it is.

「慰めは私達の後ろに今のところある 」
Comfort is So Far Behind Us

Let the suppressant go...
僕らは郷愁を願う   (bokura wa kyôshû o negau)   We wish for nostalgia / We desire nostalgia
Colors, frosted glass
To the days where we didn't have to try so hard,
  to get going nowhere so fast
We're feeling like flying,
Back to broken homes in simpler times

We need more supplies than tears, for now
We'll worry about the rest further down the line

There's a horizon to catch,
and I am worried to death
僕らは確実な物を願う   (bokura wa kakujitsu na mono o negau)   We wish for infallible things / We desire sure things
So, no foes, just freinds
To the days where she didn't have to cry so hard,
  waiting for the end
We're feeling like falling,
Down to our knees, with our heads on the floor...

Hearts in our hands,
Pleading for God to take it from here

戦いが最後のある、もっと大きいより君だ...
(tatakai ga saigono aru, motto ôkii yori kimi da...)  One last fight, and it's bigger than you...

(repeat 2nd and 3rd stanzas)

Who we are feels so off track
Our lives, our pasts, sit so far back there...
There's a fleeting comfort in falling down, so,
We've got our hearts in our hands, so,
Just let the suppressant go...
#2January 8th, 2007 · 06:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So if I understand it, you've written a poem, in Japanese which is heavily influenced by Hikaru Utada?
And this is a translation of that poem, hens the bits you cant translate?

Don't worry this is not a translation thing I'm on to now! lol

I just want to know if I understand where this is from!

As a poem it's odd but as a translation of a poem I can see the beauty in it!

I don't know when or where this is set but I get a feeling of the wisest or oldest from a village forced to flee because of some modern day disaster!

"The amusement is far in my rear" LMR(ear)O!
And I see the similarity's with : Comfort is So Far Behind Us
#3January 8th, 2007 · 07:35 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
well, i was thinking in japanese mode while writing, so the english came out a little klunky, to be honest.  I wrote it in english first, except for the parts that i left in japanese.  There were things I was trying to express here, but in english I don't know how to... as well at least :P It's the differences in the language!

There senario I see in my head is a little fuzzy around the edges, but I think it's more about the young growing old, having the reality of complexity fall upon them, and then all they want to do is get back to their old "broken homes" (figurative, here) in "simpler times."  I think I'm writing about bowing out of a race that you know that you can't finish-- You've come a long way, but it's over for you.

Hence...

"Let the suppressant go..."

Smile and close your eyes...
Tomorrow will be a better day...
#4January 30th, 2007 · 02:48 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Interesting...
I agree with Kings that it sounds odd, when reading in this context..  but, having read your explanation, it makes a bit more sense to me....  I would love to hear the melody line you have in mind...  I understand that you have no real recording ability right now...  Perchance even a guitar and web mic?  just for an idea?  Sure would be nice..  The ideas are flowing in my head, but I would need a freakin' symphony to record what I am picturing.. haha..

JimK
#5January 30th, 2007 · 07:12 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
a symphony it'll be then.

#6January 31st, 2007 · 09:55 AM
373 posts
China
it can be hauntingly beautiful mixing the two languages together like that...
i'm all for it and would really be interested
in how you end up conceiving the end result...
nicely done...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.