#1July 10th, 2005 · 09:43 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
The Blue Room
Score: 60.0%
Battle: 2005-07

Welcome to the Blue Room...
I spent fair bit of time in a small blue room. It had with pictures of empty beaches where the blue sea stretches out to touch a deep blue sky.

A few blips crept in whilst bounding tracks on this recording unfortunately. Not an instrumental by choice - I can't sing to save my life.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 11th, 2005 · 11:28 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
this is great!  This is easy listening, if I've ever heard it!

did you have an idea for lyrics or some kind of theme?  I can feel it, but I'd like to know something about what direction you wanted to go with it!  I definitely feel the blue room though... very, very nice.
#3July 11th, 2005 · 09:29 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Direction
Hi there! Lyrics - I'm not too sure really. That means haven't a clue I suppose, but I'd pitch it as being in keeping with the laid back feel. I'd like to re-record it again at some point as it needs a better production - this is more of a rough recording to nail the ideas down while I work on something else.

Definately open to collaborations with other people, especially singers.

The direction was more driven on by imagery, colour, and escapeism - at any moment dreaming about being somewhere other than where you actually are - a brief oasis in time.

Thanks very much for your comments!
#4July 22nd, 2005 · 11:42 AM
really really really really liked this dong awsome. mayb the drums cud be worked on but other than tht it was gr8
#5July 22nd, 2005 · 03:21 PM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
Ah this is great. I originally went in here because coldplay have an EP called 'the blue room' it's not like them, haha, but it's a fantastic melody

- Chester
#6July 23rd, 2005 · 10:33 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
Very soothing. I'd have to agree that it needs something more, possibly singing.
#7July 24th, 2005 · 11:15 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
19 posts
United Kingdom
wowee
This song is really tight and relaxing to listen to . If you want it to be more then really relaxing background music then you really should add vocals
#8July 24th, 2005 · 11:17 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
19 posts
United Kingdom
wowee
This song is really tight and relaxing to listen to . If you want it to be more then really relaxing background music then you really should add vocals
#9July 26th, 2005 · 10:14 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Thanks for all the comments. I wasn't going to re-record it untill after my next project, but now I think I will!

Hopefully for next month sometime as I'm really busy at the moment.
#10August 13th, 2005 · 05:14 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
re: The Blue Room
Well done! To my ear everything sounds ok, and it's a very nice composition. Keep it up.
#11August 13th, 2005 · 03:08 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Thanks! I'm in the throws of organising a new recording setup based around a PC, so hopefully I'll be able to record something new in the not too distant future...
#12August 22nd, 2005 · 08:38 AM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
the song really is set up for lyrics, but if you cant find a singer, or simply dont wish to change your original "vision", then add some kind of instrumental melody; until the guitar solo  comes in, your expecting lyrics.

The mood is so nice though, a simple melody on the keyboard (or whatever), would work very well. Of course, this is a said in a spirit of rebellion; Keep it instrumental if you want!
#13August 23rd, 2005 · 03:53 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
wow what a great introduction. i love the harmony! it would sound awesome with some vocals. i think maybe you should put i middle 8 in there... somewhere like just before your guitar solo. i love the sound you got on that solo by the way, what distortion are you using? sounds like an ibanez guitar or somethin... keep up the good work.
#14August 23rd, 2005 · 04:14 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Hi TessCrazy,

The distortion was from a Korg Pandoras Box (PX4) guitar module. Has some great sounds out of the box, although you can configure your own.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--KORPX4

My guitar is a bit crap really, it's a japanese cheapo fender strat, has worn out frets and zero sustain.

After that classical piece I just uploaded, I fancy letting rip a bit more with the guitar for the next one.

Glad you liked this one, thanks for the comments.
#15September 16th, 2005 · 07:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
A number of possible vocal lines fade in and out of my head as I'm listening this. I really like this blue-pop style you have. One thing for the mix though: I'd put a little DSP on the drums to make them sound less dry - and you could also layer the drums, esp. the cymbals, which kinda give away the fact that this in not a professional recording.

all in all: great song! (btw. Saturnalia = also    )
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.