58 posts
United States of America
The Lethean Euphony
I sit by my phone, and I play my guitar,
I am all alone, wondering where you are,

I sit in my room, and I am sad all day,
I mean why… Why, oh why, did you go away,

If I dream a dream, is it still a crime,
that I dream about you, every fucking time?

I sit here all alone, and I wonder why,
Why oh why, am I so alone tonight?

I've dreamt a dream that I should have long outgrown,
A dream of a dream girl, forever unknown,

Forsaken am I, so cold, cold and alone,
Forgive me this night, for I go to get stoned.

Lying here, the stones are always so damn wet.
Is it me seeping red? Or liquid regret?

Bones metaphorically crushed by decisions,
Scars metaphorically made by incisions,

You want to cut out my heart? Well that’s okay,
…I never wanted it to beat much any way.

You couldn’t just tell me? You hid it instead,
It hurts twice as much… emotionally dead.

I have a lot of trouble playing and singing at the same time. (I can't sing well anyway) But this is what I want to post next. I am thinking of just a simple G G G E C C C E D D D E C rpt progression.
#2August 1st, 2006 · 03:00 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i'm curious to hear it  

i particularly like the phrase:

Lying here, the stones are always so damn wet.
Is it me seeping red? Or liquid regret?

i'm not really a fan of using profanity in lyrics, but it's just preferance, and it's still a good pair of lines

the rest seems like it carries a good story-of-sorts, but i'll admit that it feels repetative.  perhaps with the music, it's not so noticeable.

oh, and great title.
#3August 3rd, 2006 · 02:23 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
at first, I thought this was a parody of emo music... or some kind of joke.

Nothing in this song is worthwhile. Nothing.
#4August 3rd, 2006 · 02:33 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
anyway, I shared these lyrics with my brother... and, I was wrong. These lyrics are worthwhile.
edit: This is his brother.

I apologize for his remarks, and will shortly be in touch with a more sensitive, positive, and mutually upbuilding analysis of your lyrics.
#5August 3rd, 2006 · 02:53 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
leVee's brother here:

I like the use of “Why, O why,” as it lends your lyrics the gravitas of Al Feldman's 1907 emo classic “Where Has My Little Dog Gone.”

Your use of this device, to express the power and intense weight of the questions 'why is the songwriter alone tonight?' and 'why did the songwriter's girlfriend go away?' allows the audience to bind themselves up in the universally acknowledged urgency of these questions, which they are keenly concerned with.

In pondering your lyrics, I may have stumbled upon the answer to your questions!

Perhaps she left you because your lyrics suck.
#6August 5th, 2006 · 10:54 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
that levee dude is so harsh...i actually like your lyrics! They're kinda sad and funny at the same time...irony is what i love!
I can't wait to hear the full song.
And yeah, I think a very simple arrangement with just your guitar would be great, fits the mood and also the first line "I sit by my phone and play my guitar"
#7August 12th, 2006 · 08:33 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
Not really emo, just what I was thinking as I sat by my phone and played my guitar... But thanks for the comments guys!

I will attempt to play it once I get a new mic. (My old computer went caput with my mic/screen).
#8August 24th, 2006 · 02:29 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
I like the feeling of each pair of lines throwing out one idea and then replying to it, like ping pong. When I read this it makes me want to sway Good flow.
#9November 23rd, 2006 · 05:23 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
LeVee wrote…
Perhaps she left you because your lyrics suck.
lmao , that would break any poets hart!

Hey this is a good song, it's simple, quick, catchy.
You sused out a tune for it yet?

I don't like the 'f****ng' in there though, it's not necessary and just vulgar.

I'd say if you're going to swear make the whole thing like that, don't spoil some thing which is otherwise good with an out of place 'f**k'!
#10November 24th, 2006 · 04:15 AM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
dittohead
Agree with kings. This is a song that the profanity doen't fit into at all. The lyrics are, well, they are very simple.

It's a nice piece, and with music and rythm it might be great. But the lyrics don't stand real strong on their own. I'd like to hear it on the Audio Review.
#11November 26th, 2006 · 09:50 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Well, yep its pretty simple..Would go nicely with some droning strummed chords. I don't agree about the swear word.Its a very strong word and describes allot of emotion, also the fact of how sick and tired he really is that he cant dream about anything but her.I think he used it wisely and is not being vulgar at all. Anyway here's a link anyone who stumbles across the reviews here should take a look at..............

http://forum.bandamp.com/Abuse/38831.html
#12November 27th, 2006 · 12:17 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
goodie!
This song is awesome the simple chord procession sounds good
I would love to hear it regardless of your singing! BTW touching lyrics!
#13November 27th, 2006 · 01:48 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hm...
BasketCase wrote…
I don't agree about the swear word. ... I think he used it wisely and is not being vulgar at all.

aih.. i`m not sure that i agree.  tossing a word in like that has become faddish.  people just drop it left and right and it`s lost it`s meaning.  it`s now just a depricated term, like "gentleman": 

"a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer"

gentleman means nothing like it used to back when the term was invented... why?  because people just liked it, so they used it too much, for just every little thing, so its meaning mutated.  so, check out "gentleman" in the dictionary... it`s got like 10 major definitions now (well, 9 and 1/2... def # 9 is kind of a repeat from number 2)

so, that`s my 2 cents.  i know that we don`t have to agree, but still.  i just had a point to make.

unless that`s what we WANT out of the f-bomb.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.