#1November 26th, 2006 · 12:56 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
please tell me
What is this in reference to?

I am afraid I am not sure where this is, and cannot find it... I will need to see the posts myself...

Thank you...

JimK
#2November 26th, 2006 · 01:21 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
  what's happening this days to the old friendly bandamp?
#3November 26th, 2006 · 05:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I agree about leVee's comments, that was unnecessarily rude. However he might have come retaliating from a chat experience with akuard.... One could never tell, but even then: stay respectful. It's very easy to be negative, it's much harder but also infinitely more rewarding to be positive and supportive. leVee's comment and leVee's brothers comment "maybe she left because your lyrics suck" is negative and though a "meant to be funny" remark, a direct assault on the writer's feelings.

leVee & leVee's brother: don't do it again. please be more mature, you two must have had a good laugh at it but your dealing with a real person here with real feelings who put effort to translate those to words, and even though you might not like the person or the lyrics, or both, this is not good conduct.

I found kings FULL comment quite good really, though he did quote the brother's comment, but this is a reaction to something that was already there. I personally find that writing a good post is a creative process in itself, and creative processes are always based on reacting to whatever is going on. In chat page/forum threads this means either confirming, denying, or bending an existing chemistry, and this is all natural... kings clearly steered the chemistry away from the negativism... so, I don't see a big problem there... People should be able to take a punch, and reviewers should not have to walk on their toes weighing every word before it's written...

So, we are not fragile sugar sissies who have to be over-protected, but let it be clear that the end result of any post should be respectful and supportive. I do not find this in the leVee brothers at all, but I do find this in kings'.

And more on forum chemistry: We should all work on getting that good chemistry flowing again, put our season-bound grumpiness aside and see the sun shine throughout each and everyone's creativity!

cheers people...

PX (mod ya)
#4November 26th, 2006 · 03:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Kings: Stumbles in out of the cold!
Mm...Thanks PX

May be it should be made clear to people how important it is to use the icons, or things like 'LOL' to make clear to other readers that certain sentence should be taken with a pinch of salt (or not!).  These comments are written and read by people from all over the world (Ok maybe not from N.Korea), and it's all done in English.

You can blame that on the Americans for apparently having voted English their national language at some time in history, it was that or Dutch, and there was apparently only a couple of votes in it.

Any way, You're always going to have this problem with comments in such a place, not every one can express themselves as easily as others, even if English is their mother tongue, this is a site for musicians not paper-back writers!
I vote you need more icons to express more states of being and emotions, make it fun to comment, that's what every body wants isn't it? more comments.
And that's why you have mediators, to keep the peace, intervening 'from above' when necessary.

To be totally honest with you I believe that even if someone like John Lennon put his hart-broken love song into a group of 'commentators' he considered his friends and one said to him "Perhaps she left you because your lyrics suck." he would also lhao. Because it is not only funny, it is ironic and poetically justifies it's self as a sentence. You could say it to anyone and it's dead funny!          

I admit that even at the time I thought of my own fault, which was, ironically I quote myself;
kings wrote…
don't spoil some thing which is otherwise good with an out of place 'f**k'!

I should have left out the 'f' in 'lmao', which I'll sort out now.

Thanks BC for understanding my comment in the thread, and I agree with you and understand that such a sentence as "Perhaps she left you because your lyrics suck." if seen out of context would be very rude indeed.
#5November 26th, 2006 · 10:34 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
lighten up
OK OK. Yes it was a funny AND rude comment. One single sentence. It was obviously meant in humor, but as noted in some comments above, you can't count on eveyrone understanding that. Unfortunately I agree that we can't use this site for off-color humor, no matter how harmless the intent. I made an equally benighn jab in the chat room during my first chat, and I got stepped on for it. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but if some find it offensive (and we can all understand why), we should refrain from repeating comments like this.
#6November 27th, 2006 · 04:40 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
aetheris wrote…
:shake:  what's happening this days to the old friendly bandamp?

s***************************************************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111oneoneELEVEN

jk?

[EDIT BY PX: sorry, but that stuff does come off as a bit too weird ok]
#7November 27th, 2006 · 06:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
as noted, not OK
#8November 27th, 2006 · 07:04 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Please...
The greatest ONE thing we have here, on this site... is RESPECT...  we are a FAMILY...

and we although sometimes, don't always get along...  we can still get through it.. with RESPECT...

All I ask is try to show respect for each other.... By this I mean... let's not let petty miscommunications get in the way..  I don't think Levee or his brother was meaning to be malicious.. and I think Akaurd was smart enough, and had known him well enough to know that...  And did not take it that way.. at the same time, I believe it should not have been written.. as even though not malicous in nature.. it was not respectful...  So, please...  let's put this behind us..  and ALL OTHER disagreements and misunderstandings.. and let's get back to makin MUSIC!  that's what we are all here for... 

Love to all my Bandampers...

JimK(mod)

Server Time: May 4th, 2024 · 7:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.