#1January 1st, 2009 · 01:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Dreams in the night
This is from a while back, it has a tune and a flow to how it's 'sung'.
Some verses have a different timing to others.
Let me know if you think !

Dreams in the night
Stars in the eyes
Places never been before
To the child in time
The familiar signs
Take forever and more

I am on a journey
To somewhere over there
Say certain things in certain ways
Of which you're well aware

Dreams in the night
Stars in the eyes
Places never been before
To the child in time
Those familiar signs
Take forever and more

This journey it is me
And so I come to realize
That this journey it is you
But can you see………

……For the dreams in the night
And those stars in your eyes
All those places you've never been before
To you now the child in time
These, those familiar signs
Seem to take your forever and more

Somewhere on this journey
Between lost and lonely
Someone told me, it was only
To long for her love

Dreams in the night
Stars in the eyes
Places never been before
To the child in time
The familiar signs
Take forever and more
#2January 16th, 2009 · 09:34 AM
1 posts
Australia
Kanye West went old school with a vintage inspired letter jacket as he left Katsuya restaurant in Los Angeles last night. The bad boy, self-loving, best thing to ever hit the music scene hip-hopper paired the jacket with tattered jeans and finished off the look with a black scarf, sunglasses, white sneakers. Why does he always look angry?.......and more on the block is - Century Fox Studios has released the first full length trailer for the Biggie Smalls biopic Notorious, which I think you will agree - is a lot better than the teaser trailer that was released in September. The trailer does a great job at getting you interested in learning about the man behind the music
#3January 16th, 2009 · 11:18 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
bichel wrote…
Kanye West went old school with a vintage inspired letter jacket as he left Katsuya restaurant in Los Angeles last night. The bad boy, self-loving, best thing to ever hit the music scene hip-hopper paired the jacket with tattered jeans and finished off the look with a black scarf, sunglasses, white sneakers. Why does he always look angry?.......and more on the block is - Century Fox Studios has released the first full length trailer for the Biggie Smalls biopic Notorious, which I think you will agree - is a lot better than the teaser trailer that was released in September. The trailer does a great job at getting you interested in learning about the man behind the music

Right on, but there is absolutely no connection to your reply and king's lyrics, which is sad, because kings lyrics are actually pretty good. I mean, stay away if you only want to shove already popular musicians down the throats of people who have their own place on the web right here on BandAMP. Dam, why am I even bothering writing this? Maybe just to inform you of your recently attained perma-ban, and grats with that!
#4January 16th, 2009 · 11:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Nice lyrics tho, kings, seriously. Although I hardly ever write in the lyrics forum history says I was actually the first one to ever post here But the reason is that I just don't really know what to say.

Your lyrics seem fine.. Cohesive and complete, however depending on the music to hear how they really work. Much like poetry, lyrics evoke ideas and images - very characteristic of the particular lyrics or poem, so any comparison to another set of lyrics or poem is like comparing apples with oranges. Doesn't mean one can't prefer apples over oranges, but it leaves me limiting my critiquing usually to "this works" or "this doesn't" and fair enough, if it doesn't there's always something to suggest about how it would work better. Frankly I am never much super impressed with any lyric (I overdosed a long time ago) so I will once more limit myself by saying: yes kings, your lyrics work Would like to hear them in a tune, see what kind of music you have in mind.
#5January 16th, 2009 · 12:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
haven't read what you said yet px..........that link is to previewtrafficads.com/BIG.htm so DONT TOUCH IT!
#6January 16th, 2009 · 12:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Oh yeah, I destroyed the URL just in case.. thanks
#7January 16th, 2009 · 03:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…
Nice lyrics tho, kings, seriously. Although I hardly ever write in the lyrics forum history says I was actually the first one to ever post here But the reason is that I just don't really know what to say.

Your lyrics seem fine.. Cohesive and complete, however depending on the music to hear how they really work. Much like poetry, lyrics evoke ideas and images - very characteristic of the particular lyrics or poem, so any comparison to another set of lyrics or poem is like comparing apples with oranges. Doesn't mean one can't prefer apples over oranges, but it leaves me limiting my critiquing usually to "this works" or "this doesn't" and fair enough, if it doesn't there's always something to suggest about how it would work better. Frankly I am never much super impressed with any lyric (I overdosed a long time ago) so I will once more limit myself by saying: yes kings, your lyrics work Would like to hear them in a tune, see what kind of music you have in mind.

I can let you hear how I've heard them most of the time ; http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3851.html
It's only the vocal and listening again now I realise I desperately need to get into making music again.

Thanks for the comment, at least you read it, and I do follow "it works" ! Cheers !

And a nice on the link to, thanks
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.