#1October 9th, 2009 · 09:24 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Getting FL Studio - FINALLY.
Well, as many people know, my music is heavy on MIDI and I've finally decided to give FL Studio a try. I'm planning on downloading the version 9 demo soon, but I have a question for techno/rave artists:

How different is the FL Studio Demo compared to a KORG-10 synthesizer?

I recently started getting into "club" music and got hooked when I started writing some of it myself. Problem is, the music is written on my Nintendo DS, more specifically, a game called "KORG-10 DS Synthesizer". KORG-10 was my first ever experience with anything close to a synth (excluding my MIDI synth music, haha) so I'm not sure if it's a good representation of modern day synthesizers. Here's a video of what features it has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yejsYE5uHnw

A few extra YouTube videos should better explain what goes on in KORG-10, because the link I made had a pretty limited display of the different edits that were possible.

Anyways, thanks for reading this - will be looking forward to feedback.

--XFactor--

Note: This was in no way intended to be a promotion for KORG-10. I'm simply curious as to how different a synthesizer like KORG-10 is compared to FL Studio.

Extra note: I just noticed this was my 100th post.
#2October 10th, 2009 · 05:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmm not impressed with that Korg  youTube link, it sounds rubbish!!
It's gotta be FL9 all the way as far as I'm concerned.
NOTE: I'm no expert on keyboards and software,, but I've heard great productions with FL.

HAPPY 100th POST
#3October 10th, 2009 · 01:23 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Yeah, for some reason, the post counter didn't go up... Maybe this is the 100th?

Anyways, I tried out FL Studio last night - I was pretty impressed by the tutorial but didn't get through much of it before playing around on the program myself.

I found the drum thing to be pretty cool, but I'm still used to KORG's style, where all the knobs are on one screen and can be adjusted on there... Also, one question, how do I exactly input notes? Like I said, I didn't get much time on it last night, but I figured out how to throw in different samples to add to my drum beat (I used the "FL Studio 7 'Club'" template.

If you remember me talking about NoteWorthy Composer, the files on there can be saved in MIDI format - should I write something on there, import the MIDI file into FL Studio, and edit it from there, or is there an easier way such as writing it in FL Studio itself?

--XFactor--
#4October 23rd, 2009 · 08:41 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Use the piano roll to input notes for an instrument (right click the instrument, piano roll)

I make most of my songs just using FL Studio so I can try and help with any questions you might have.
#5October 23rd, 2009 · 11:23 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Dude, if you make a google search for FL Tutorials the second result should be WillyDKs tutorials here on bandAmp.....they are very popular.......

Let me see.....a yes.....some useful FL links : http://forum.bandamp.com/Lessons/2645.html

I just made a search for Korg vst and came up with some results.....a vst plugin will put your korg in FL
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.