1 2 3

#1December 19th, 2005 · 10:11 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Chords
Well there doesn't seem like there's much going on in this forum.... so I thought I might try to get it started.

I could really use some help on figuring out chords, I'm not sure how to make them or how to use them. I don't even really know the basics, so any help will be greatly apprecited. My songwriting is quite difficult without this knowledge, since It takes me fifiteen minutes to find two chords that work well together.
#2December 19th, 2005 · 02:41 PM
1 posts
United States of America
Ok, ok, check it.  You need help with finding your chords?  A small problem that is easily solved.  Go here-----> http://www.guitartabschords.com/#.
#3December 19th, 2005 · 02:47 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
This site would be really, really helpfull If I had the music and was trying to play them on guitar. But what I need is a throurough knowledge of how they work, chord progression, all that stuff.
#4January 6th, 2006 · 05:36 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
practice makes perfect
#5January 22nd, 2006 · 05:55 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
buzz wrote…
practice makes perfect
Wrong. Practice makes permanent. If your practicing something wrong, stop. The only way to get it right (perfectly right) is to practice it right. So don't get sloppy.
#6January 28th, 2006 · 01:42 AM
5 posts
United States of America
Key Signatures
Well, chords that "go well" together, or atleast ones that are easy to listen to, are usually chords in the same key as the other ones.  So this brings me to my first part..Modes.  We'll use the C Major scale for the sake of simplicity.  C major is as follows, C,D,E,F,G,A,B,C.  Each note in that scale is called an interval.  Chord construction falls in a 1,3,5 interval spacing.  C,E,G being a C Major triad, or Ionian chord. (Ionian is the first mode in a scale).  Ionian(C), Dorian(D), Phrygian(E), Lydian(F), Mixolydian(G), Aeolian(A), and Locrian(B) and then it starts over again up an octave.  These are the names of all the modes in a standard major scale.  So, if you take the 1,3,5 chord construction and use it for each note in the scale, you get 7 different chords.  All theoretically constructed with almost the same notes, but in different order.  So the chords list, Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, G dominant, Amin, B half diminished.
#7January 28th, 2006 · 01:43 AM
5 posts
United States of America
These chords should transitions smoothly between most of them.  The only one that sounds a little strange is the Locrian mode, which is the half diminished.  Being a minor chord with a flatted 5th interval.  A lot of this might not make sense just yet, but it will eventually if you stick with it.  Just study your chords over and over, and if this starts to make sense, use it.
#8February 4th, 2006 · 05:46 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
here is a good link....
Here is an email group that was started to help learn theory...

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/String_Theory/

or try the crircle of fifths at:
                             http://juliewaters.com/co5.php

That should Help.....   The Circle of Fifths is a great aid.....
                                                           JimK
#9February 13th, 2006 · 01:02 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Just make up your own chords. That's the key to kick ass with your music.

> Iszil
#10February 13th, 2006 · 04:38 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
thanks guys this is helping......you too Iszil lol
#11February 13th, 2006 · 06:39 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
I help whenever I can.

> Iszil
#12February 14th, 2006 · 11:09 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
hehe making my own chords is FUN! They are challenging to write though. It takes a while.
#13February 18th, 2006 · 12:21 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Hey man, we all are waiting for you music... show us your chords... lol.

> Iszil
#14February 18th, 2006 · 08:29 AM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Yes I've love to have some stuff up here, but recording equipment i expensice. So if anyone wants to, you, send a little promotional boost  I have the money but....there's an Aerosmith concert in Greenbay that costs just as much. I'd absolutely love to go, as would my dad, so.....yeah. We're not sure yet.
#15May 6th, 2006 · 04:23 PM
1 posts
Germany
bla
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.