1 2
#16February 14th, 2008 · 07:16 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
didn't line 6 and bogner teamed up to do a modeling amp but with proper tube tech inside?
#17February 15th, 2008 · 04:42 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yes I should have stated that in the earlier post. I have not tried any of these yet.  I would think that they would sound pretty good as Bogner is known for making great sounding amps.
#18February 17th, 2008 · 05:43 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Well impuse got the better of me, got a 50 watt vox valvetronic ,tasted the sound this w/e at 2 elton jack out door shows .1st was about 1200 and saturday night 2500 .Our lead guitarist a valve purist with a glorious selection of amps and guitars to choose from every gig was suitably impressed.on he w/e he used an orange tiny terror set to 15 watts through twin celestion marshall box, a les paul and tele.
The vox held up very  well , i love the tones The thing rocks .Set it on AC30 bypassed the boxes and went straight into the amp.Miced with a 57 and through a concert rig......gotta feel it  my friends I'll say it again CONCERT RIG...
Valve reactor features 12AX7(ECC83)  dual triode valve that would normally be used in a pre amp.
The effeccts are ok , I used the compressor .
In manual mode { no modeling} the amp sounds grunty when pushed and sooooo clean when not.
They've modeled some cool amps including boutique cl a very reare and expensive 100watt head.Transient midrange arttack sweet treble great for single coil p/u.
I was playing a japanese strat 1980 smthing but I dropped a seymore duncan classic strat p/u into it ,very authentic soundThe nice feature is the sweepable voltage knob on the back of the amp  keep up the intensity but drop volume , perfect for recording.
No fx loop but ext speaker 8 ohms @ phones line out .
So far really happy .
Set me back $599 au .
But has already paid for itself .
#19February 21st, 2008 · 12:02 AM
7 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
OK so in the midst of all this I know I havent been here for a bit...but I now am leaning to the vox valvetronics since both the amps I posted got torn to pieces. So its still a pretty big decision for me. Thank all you guys for the great advice about the amps.
Anyways lately I went to my guitar mates house and he told me the SAME things about the line 6 about how he doesnt like them. He also said that Fenders not good for amps. So last I came up to things like vox and orange amps. But didnt hear much about orange here so i'll most likely get the Vox. Thanks for all the great comments!
#20February 21st, 2008 · 06:34 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
if you're not looking for something very powerful you have to try the Orange tiny terror cause what it lack in power is balance with fantastic tones
#21March 7th, 2008 · 05:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Picking an amp is like finding your sole mate LOL.

Man you just got to keep trying them out until you get a massive  'YES THATS THE ONE'

You see it's all about being happy with your SOUND

Once your happy with your sound you'll be playing like you've never played before.

Hope this helps.

Denis
#22August 29th, 2008 · 12:38 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
I own a spider 3 75 and a valvetronix ad50.
It really all comes down to what you play most. Line 6 is uncomparable as far as effects and distortion goes. vox's have tube circuitry and have AMAZING sound quality. pesonally i say, if you are getting your fist amp, buy a vox valvetronix ad50 volt and then buy a POD. That way you have vox's Crisp tone and line 6's wide variety of tones. Unless of course you have 2 grand sitting aside then we can talk marshall 
#23August 29th, 2008 · 10:26 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol.
you make a good point there.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.