1 2
#16September 20th, 2012 · 02:13 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
love that Kurzweil sound!

I own an Oxygen 8, small 25 keys none weight small keys, so I can nót help You :p

actually I dont use my old 88 keys Technics much, but when I use it with Halions piano, I do like that sound much.Would love to try those True pianos, but dont have time now.
I know, I aint a great help, just chatting.
Actually you have helped. Another option is for me to buy a used hammer weighted digital piano that has a nice touch and use it as a midi controller. The Roland FP-2 I've seen on eBay may still be an option. I've also read some have purchased something like A basic Casio hammer action keyboard, their basic stage piano costs £329.00, although I believe the Yamaha P series have a better touch, seen a relatively new model on eBay, plus Yamaha would be easier to sell when I want to upgrade. I'm always on the hunt for a bargain. I'm quite practical and would consider a defective keyboard and repair it myself. I saw a really nice Roland retailing for £1200 with no sound coming from the speakers, but powers up, belongs to a school. It probably just the local switched off or needs factory re-set, it will probably sell for £50.00. The only trouble is it's too far to travel, although I haven't tried to ask if the seller would consider me arranging a courier.
#17September 20th, 2012 · 05:20 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
That Roland is the best bargain for sure,
my Technics has blown speakers, but I always use the headphones out or midi, so it never bothered me :P
#18September 20th, 2012 · 06:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Casio CDP-120
Love the sound of this keyboard - Reveiws say the action is heavier than say a Yamaha, which is probably better for me being a novice.

#19September 22nd, 2012 · 11:09 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
I had a little play on one of these when we were in Japan last month very impressive ...also played on a nord stage ...both excellent & pricey.
http://www.korg.com/sv1
#20September 23rd, 2012 · 02:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
I had a little play on one of these when we were in Japan last month very impressive ...also played on a nord stage ...both excellent & pricey.
http://www.korg.com/sv1
Wow, I love the Korg, SV1 - not looked at the price tag yet

#21September 23rd, 2012 · 03:46 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Thisone seems to be what you´re looking for, Denis.
It provides all the characteristics a good e-piano should offer.  Weighted keys, foot pedal, wide range of authentic sounds, and knobs and switches (and no digi-displays) giving a natural, haptical feeling to the player.

For what I see and hear I´d say : keep it in mind, I guess it´s available for an affortable price, Korg stuff mostly has fair prices.
#22September 23rd, 2012 · 04:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Thisone seems to be what you´re looking for, Denis.
It provides all the characteristics a good e-piano should offer.  Weighted keys, foot pedal, wide range of authentic sounds, and knobs and switches (and no digi-displays) giving a natural, haptical feeling to the player.

For what I see and hear I´d say : keep it in mind, I guess it´s available for an affortable price, Korg stuff mostly has fair prices.

Price ranges between £1200 - £1400 for the Korg SV1 - Looks great value.  It will be on my short list for the studio.  In the meantime I'm still on the look out for a basic electric piano with hammer action keys, I'll be using it as a midi controller, so the built in sounds are not important. I've got my eye on a Roland FP-2 (already mentioned in this thread), auction ends Mon 24th Sept.  I was playing around with the truepiano VST TK recommended, I like it, the only thing is sometimes the acoustic harmonic sounds don't blend well with the raw piano sounds, making it sound false or even digital. I'm gonna try a few more demo's, read up on what others are using.
#23September 23rd, 2012 · 04:22 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
OK, for a midi-controller keyboard you don´t need so much money, I guess. There are lots on the market.
Same for VSTs . Tons available. You´ll gonna find the one which suits your taste.

Good luck for the auction tomorrow.       X
#24September 25th, 2012 · 03:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ordered Casio CDP-120
I've ordered a Casio CDP-120 - £329.00 inc X-Frame and a carry case, brand new - best deal I could find.

I tried many Digital Pianos, ranging from a Top of the range  Roland to a Technics SX-50 stage piano. To be quite frank I could not tell much difference between them, only because I'm a novice, I don't doubt the Roland FP-7F is a superior instrument in terms of build quality, but for me it's home use and I will store it in it's case every time I've finished playing with it.
The main reason I went for the Casio is because it has a USB midi interface - simply plug and play, I liked the feel of the keys, surprisingly the build quality feels/looks reasonable if not solid compared with the Roland and finally I actually like the look of it, even the keys have an Ivory look to them like on a real acoustic.
I'm still keeping my Berhinger Midi-controller, I think sprung keys are better for Organ, plus it has a pitch wheel and modulation wheel (think that's what it's called....lol), plus a few knobs to change VST peramaters and what not.

I should get it Friday or Monday - I've a feeling I'm gonna enjoy improving my skills on the Casio Piano.
#25September 26th, 2012 · 07:27 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Actually that casio would have been my second to the korg , good value and playing ,in Japan many of the live houses that supply keys as part of the back line use them.They always supply good gear all around  .
Keyboard players also bring modules and computers  that can be managed from those casios.
The other good thing about them is that they are available in department and electric appliance outlets.Don't even have to be tempted by going to a music shop....funny world.

I'm still using my Roland jv 80 with usb converter for the computer , it was fitted with a new keyboard 2 yrs ago ..one of the last 2 left at roland in oz so I got lucky. The weighted keys in it are good  enough.But still got a hankering for one of those korgs ...doh ....so I'll have  2 have a chat with the wife  

Just l;ove when boxes of new stuff turn up.
Happy times    
#26September 26th, 2012 · 08:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
yokoinc wrote…
Actually that casio would have been my second to the korg , good value and playing ,in Japan many of the live houses that supply keys as part of the back line use them.They always supply good gear all around  .
Keyboard players also bring modules and computers  that can be managed from those casios.
The other good thing about them is that they are available in department and electric appliance outlets.Don't even have to be tempted by going to a music shop....funny world.

I'm still using my Roland jv 80 with usb converter for the computer , it was fitted with a new keyboard 2 yrs ago ..one of the last 2 left at roland in oz so I got lucky. The weighted keys in it are good  enough.But still got a hankering for one of those korgs ...doh ....so I'll have  2 have a chat with the wife  

Just l;ove when boxes of new stuff turn up.
Happy times    :D
I've still got my Roland JV-1080 synth module, although the Piano patches are not brilliant, but the Rhodes are nice.  I recently uploaded a track using pianoteq v2.3 VST played through my current Behringer midi-controller with semi-weighted keys - I downloaded it recently. I love the sound and gentle on your CPU. I'll probably use that for recordings, but use the standard Casio Grands to practice.  Didn't have a chance to try a Korg, but based on trying a few with my level of playing, I doubt I'd notice the difference.  One thing I did notice is when I tried out different VST's and came across the Pianoteq VST, I got a much better feel based on the sound, I really got into it and started to create stuff, which is what it's all about.  When my creative juices are working well, I'm lost to the world in my own zone so to speak - GREAT FUN.  Should get it tomorrow, very exciting 
#27October 8th, 2012 · 06:08 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I just reinstalled the steinberg the grand.. it's pretty good,, but I found a free vst piano plug in

http://www.vstplanet.com/Instruments/VST_Piano.htm
#28October 9th, 2012 · 02:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
I just reinstalled the steinberg the grand.. it's pretty good,, but I found a free vst piano plug in

Thanks for the link. You probably have seen in the thread I purchased a basic Casio CDP-120 digital piano, it suites my purpose for the moment - I've been playing with it almost everyday, I'm really getting into it. I'm using pianoteq v2.3 VST, I love the sound, warm, mellow and realistic. I'm trying to learn Moonlite Sonata 1st movement, I'm hopeless at reading music, but found some great tutorials on YouTube. I can just about follow it, the piece is about 6 mins long, it does not repeat except for one small section. I don't know what it is about reading music that I find difficult, although despite being patient by nature, I don't seem to have the patience to learn how to read music.  I have a great ear for music, but it's a hell of a challenge learning a classical piece that is forever changing. Does anyone else have this problem, any tips on how I can improve my reading.
#29October 15th, 2012 · 06:17 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
toastedgoat wrote…

Thanks for the link. You probably have seen in the thread I purchased a basic Casio CDP-120 digital piano, it suites my purpose for the moment - I've been playing with it almost everyday, I'm really getting into it. I'm using pianoteq v2.3 VST, I love the sound, warm, mellow and realistic. I'm trying to learn Moonlite Sonata 1st movement, I'm hopeless at reading music, but found some great tutorials on YouTube. I can just about follow it, the piece is about 6 mins long, it does not repeat except for one small section. I don't know what it is about reading music that I find difficult, although despite being patient by nature, I don't seem to have the patience to learn how to read music.  I have a great ear for music, but it's a hell of a challenge learning a classical piece that is forever changing. Does anyone else have this problem, any tips on how I can improve my reading.

It's like learning to read any language start at the beginning, work your way up. 

get a copy of Mark Levine's Jazz Theory Book, or once that is similar

some good websites out there..  and like learning any good piece of music,  one measure at a time.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.