1 2
#16January 12th, 2007 · 07:53 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Zen
they might become collector one day(I wish)
All I know is that mine is probably from the late 70's and sound sweet as ever
never goes out of tune and as you said many guitarist who have played it were very impress by it
#17January 12th, 2007 · 08:16 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
If you want acoustics, a full acoustic is best, the hollow electric would only be your choice as a light weight electric, but... what type of acoustic, I have a classical, nylon stringed, whereas you may prefer a steel stringed one more like the one pictured (classical acoustics don't have the chunk missing that allows for easier and higher fretplay). The steel stringed would be better for modern music, strumming etc, and would have a better amplification, but the classical has a softer more refined sound, better for fingerpicking. As for second hand, or brand new, if you find a good second hand one, that isn't chipped, or paint peeling off, then you'd have a good deal. Also, you might be interested in an acoustic with pickup? I don't have one myself, but it would be good, just so you can go amplified with it if you want.

Anyway, good luck with your guitar hunt, I myself am just about to go into town and buy a second hand electric.
#18January 12th, 2007 · 08:28 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
re: NEVER TRUST
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
A person who says It takes high price for good quality..... It's the biggest falsehood of all time...   Price means nothing when it comes to quality...  Case in Point, Yamaha, highly regarded as THE brand for a classical Nylon string guitar...  Based on Quality, playability, and sound..  Yet, there are hundreds more expensive.. but The Yamaha is fantastic(btw, their steel strings are ok too) BUT, Never underestimate the quality of the unknown name..  Rogue, Burswood, even the Esteban series guitars are decent.. I have played many, and found them more than playable, and the tone is decent...  Taylors and Martins are nice, and I agree, You should get one...  After you have been playing for a few years, and are ready...  And have the money saved up...  as for me, I am not sure If I'll ever afford one...  But I keep the hope alive...  But my Rogue's are FANTASTIC..  Just Ask JBP how he likes his...   He'll tell ya...  They are nice...  You would be surprised at what guitar is being heard on the songs that you praise the tone of the guitar...  I have an Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow,I paid $99 for it, and I had a 50 year veteran guitar player and MAJOR LABEL Recording contract holder, who I have to keep anonymous, tell me that he was INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the tone,feel, look, and playability of MY $99 Oscar Schmidt guitar... 
SO, If you are the pompous arrogant type, who has to keep up with the Jones's and have only BIG DOLLAR NAME BRANDS, then sure go ahead, and blow $3000.00 but, If you want a REAL guitar, a GOOD guitar, a PLAYABLE guitar, and one that if you bang it into a table wont make you cry, buy a Rogue... 

JimK

I agree here, I'm spending $200 on my first electric, second hand and in very good nick, better than the one I saw in cash converters for $220, completely past its days. Anyways, what I did was shop around for left handed electrics, there were some good and reasonable priced ones, take the $500 Epiphone with a wide bridge (which would suit me, the classically raised guitarist), and there were some at the higher end that looked like it would sound the same or lesser on quality. Take Fender for example, I saw a left hander for $1000, but it looks like the others, I guess the reason for the price is marketing, and not as much about the guitar.
Good point Jim, it is definitely not the price that matters here.
#19January 12th, 2007 · 11:49 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Semi-acoustic hmmm...
I was looking around a guitar site, and, I assumed your first image there was simply called a hollow electric, but in fact, http://www.montereyguitars.com/main.html here, it has them under semi-acoustic. This is strange, I wouldn't really buy one for its acoustics though...

Also, the guitar I bought this morning's on here, under left handed electric, the code above it being MLGS-2. $379, got it for $200  (it's good to know the right people, I also got free strings and picks, overall savings of about $200, 50% off, but... I need to get an amp...)

1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 3:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.