1 2

#1June 12th, 2011 · 05:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ibanez Electric Lefties
IBANEZ SA260FML

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page11.php?area_id=3&data_id=259&color=CL01&year=2011&cat_id=1&series_id=490

I've seen this guitar for sale on eBay, I'm gonna take a look at it, fortunately the seller only lives a few miles away from me.

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Are there similar guitars that you would consider better in the same price range. Bear in mind I'm a LEFTY
#2June 12th, 2011 · 05:47 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Does anyone have any experience with this model?
Yip, I do
my "Ibi" is a  SA 260. Looks bit different but is also a SA 260.
It´s a very variable git sounding very "fenderesque! You know all my music and you know how it sounds, denis.
I just can recommend this git. It´s quite a fast git and it´s light. Good for shoulders and back.
I´ve payed 350 € 8 yrs ago /new). 
If you´re  going to buy it, you won´t waste ya money. I like it much.
#3June 12th, 2011 · 05:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Does anyone have any experience with this model?
ULI wrote…
Yip, I do
my "Ibi" is a  SA 260. Looks bit different but is also a SA 260.
It�s a very variable git sounding very "fenderesque! You know all my music and you know how it sounds, denis.
I just can recommend this git. It�s quite a fast git and it�s light. Good for shoulders and back.
I�ve payed 350 � 8 yrs ago /new). 
If you�re  going to buy it, you won�t waste ya money. I like it much.

Cheers U. L.I.
I have a 1978 USA Fender Strat, has a great tone, but want something with more Sustain and faster action. Seems the Ibanez SA260 model is quite versatile in that you can produce many tones, so yeah hope I win the Auction.
#4June 12th, 2011 · 06:10 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
If you want more "faster action" thisone is the rightone.   Has a pretty slim neck. Nothing for thick fingers.
It can sound pretty twanky cause its singlecoils, it can sound really mean in high distortion mode.
You can sound like David Knopfler or the spotniks and you can also sound like Jou Satriani or Robin Trower. In fact a wide range.
Have you any comparisons to other used SA 260 models in due to the price?
If you won´t win the auction don´t be sad, 350€ isn´too much for new git. Also I don´t know about the prices in UK. It´s a favored model and you can get it everywhere and evreytime for new. So you can be sure that the instrument is in perfectly condition.
And you get a warranty. No matter if new or used, it´s a "low-risk-deal" I guess.
#5June 12th, 2011 · 06:19 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Since a few weeks I´m much interestied in "Parker Guitars". Fascinating instrument but expensive.
LIGHTWEIGHT (2,25 kg) , carbon fretboard, Sperzel Trimlocks, Seymor Duncan PUs, Fishman Piezos, perfect vibrato system ( no Floyd Rose crap).
On youtube you can watch to many demo vids
Here´one

#6June 12th, 2011 · 06:24 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
If you want more "faster action" thisone is the rightone.   Has a pretty slim neck. Nothing for thick fingers.
It can sound pretty twanky cause its singlecoils, it can sound really mean in high distortion mode.
You can sound like David Knopfler or the spotniks and you can also sound like Jou Satriani. In fact a wide range.
Have you any comparisons to other used SA 260 models in due to the price?
If you won´t win the auction don´t be sad, 350€ isn´too much for new git. Also I don´t know about the prices in UK. It´s a favored model and you can get it everywhere and evreytime for new. So you can be sure that the instrument is in perfectly condition.
And you get a warranty. No matter if new or used, it´s a "low-risk-deal" I guess.

Price in UK new about £325, the one ebay, is nearly new, the seller only lives about 5 miles away, so I'll check over it before biding, it's buyer collects, so there will be less people biding, hoping to pay around £200 for it.  I do like a bargain.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220795409217&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
#7June 12th, 2011 · 06:38 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Everybody do like a bargain.  
Yeah, looks beautiful. A nice eggcutter.
Go for it!!!
#8June 12th, 2011 · 06:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Since a few weeks I�m much interestied in "Parker Guitars". Fascinating instrument but expensive.
LIGHTWEIGHT (2,25 kg) , carbon fretboard, Sperzel Trimlocks, Seymor Duncan PUs, Fishman Piezos, perfect vibrato system ( no Floyd Rose crap).
Here�one

Sounds nice, pricy, but it's UGLY...lol
Dam got an email form the seller on the ebay auction for the SA260, apparently it was his sons, who has already sold it. Never mind I'm a patient man, I'll keep looking, no panic... I will get a bargain just you wait and see
#9June 12th, 2011 · 08:08 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
ULI wrote…
Since a few weeks I´m much interestied in "Parker Guitars". Fascinating instrument but expensive.
Here´one

Like Denis, I find the Parker to have lots of nice features (but it looks like a mutant of some sort).  The guy demonstrating this little gem is a pretty serious player as well!
#10June 12th, 2011 · 08:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
#11June 12th, 2011 · 08:39 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Denis wrote…
Anyone heard of Raven guitar, this has great spec for price
Beautiful,but regretably with floyd rose
#12June 12th, 2011 · 08:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Denis wrote…
Anyone heard of Raven guitar, this has great spec for price
Beautiful,but regretably with floyd rose

What's wrong with a Floyd Rose?
#13June 12th, 2011 · 08:51 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hate it. Too much metal, too much weight. Killing the tone.And you need  a"toolbox" for a string change.
No. Hate it
#14June 12th, 2011 · 01:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if by getting the Ibanez IBANEZ SA260FML would really give me any benefits, since learning it is similar to that of a Strat, and seeing reviews on it in terms of sustain distorted sound being not that good.

so what about this one: Ibanez RG370DX

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG370DXL
#15June 12th, 2011 · 02:27 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
One may love FR systems or one can hate it. But there´s nothing in between.
I´m 2. category. A chap owns an expencive Ibi US Model. Veeery rare. Is an old git but has cost ~ 3000DM at that time. I played it and was rather dissapointed about the tone. Somehow "soulless". git looked wonderful, best hardware etc.  This construction doesn´t support a wooden tone or a long, sweet sustain.
And when I have to dig out srewdrivers and suchlike. for stringchange......................UUUuuuuaaaahhh. Horror.
I´d never change my cheap SA for his expensive noble git.
This is just my personal experience.

The best might be , you check a FR-git in your fav store. . You are the onlyone, denis, who can decide.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.