1 2

#1May 30th, 2011 · 04:28 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
New Hammond in the family
Like some of you know I come across things upon my lifes path that I 'pick up' and make use of.
I found my small mixer and I found my monstrous water cooled PC tower,
well tonight I found a Hammond organ.... seriously, and it works !
I did just happen to have the trailer behind the car and I'd just emptied it.

Bloody hell it sounds amazing !!!!!

So, is there anybody out there in happy bandAMP land who could maybe tell me something about it.
#2May 30th, 2011 · 05:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I think I'm gonna emigrate to the Nertherlands with trailer in hand.
Wow what a find, I bet it weighs a ton or two...
What's there to say it's a Hammond it works and sounds f*****g amazing.
TK I'm sure will be able to tell you the history behind it.
#3May 30th, 2011 · 05:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've found out in the mean time that it's a Hammond 8022 KM Aurora.
I've just had the headphones on and fired it up... it's such a shame I'm not a pianist or an organist.

It has such a deep bass ...O! My fried nelly it sound so sweet !
#4May 31st, 2011 · 11:59 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
you lucky bastard!
how are the speakers and leslie? often there's some work needed. my father in law (but not by law) ones a Hammond, love it!!!
Its on Marktplaats for €200  LOL
ore learn some simple chords and have fun :p
#5May 31st, 2011 · 12:25 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
http://www.hammond-organ.com/Products/_deleted/html/8200.htm

...and a quote from good old Wikipedia: "Hammond tonewheel organs can be divided into two main groups: the Console models, such as the A, B, C, D, and R series, which have two 61-note manuals; and the smaller Spinet models, such as the M, L, and T series, which have two 44-note manuals. Production of tonewheel organs stopped in the mid-1970s. Hammond organs made after this time use electronic tone generation. Examples of these organs are the J/K/N series, the Hammond Aurora, and the Hammond Concorde."
#6May 31st, 2011 · 03:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
MaxdB wrote…
you lucky bastard!
how are the speakers and leslie? often there's some work needed. my father in law (but not by law) ones a Hammond, love it!!!
Its on Marktplaats for €200  LOL
ore learn some simple chords and have fun :p
I think I will learn some chords and play around a bit. Learn some organ techniques too.
The kids love it as well
It does say 'Animation by Leslie' on it with a speaker icon. As I said it sounds so sweet. It buzzes a bit if I crank it up otherwise it has a warm clear sound, wicked bass and a totally groovy automated percussion..... ok totally groovy is a bit much, it sounds like a night out at a geriatric party ... but if I tweak enough... a little bit here a little bit there I can get a thumping bass, a kick ass beat and an array of original Hammond organ sounds.
I think some sampling is called for as wall as chord learning !    
@bc ; so this one uses electronic tone generation !  That figures, it sound delicious, and I've been coming across sounds that I've heard and used in various vst plugins.

Yes Note-a-chord it has and I need to suss out how the '2 sets of drawbars' work
#7June 2nd, 2011 · 02:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Try this, a basic D minor chord D F A, a D on your bass pedal, then the fun and easy part play any white key and go mental on a solo.
When you have got into it, you could try to alternate between C major ( C E G) not forgetting your C bass pedal, the good news is you can still go mental on just the white notes with your solo.
Then finally you can try some Reggae, C and D minor is a very common Reggae progression.

Top ranking dread
#8June 2nd, 2011 · 03:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Nice one ... I'll give it a try 
#9June 12th, 2011 · 06:51 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
ooooo Kings
Nice one mate    
#10June 12th, 2011 · 09:05 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: ooooo Kings
blakhatz wrote…
Nice one mate    :heart:
Funnily enough I had some time this afternoon to set it up to go through the mixer. I'm using the headphones jack as it's the only out-put I have for it. Managed to get the volumes right down enough to record some decent samples.  

I'm actually thinking of hacking it ! And piking up the signal before the speakers. I presume there's a different lower voltage signal going to the phones jack.
#11July 19th, 2011 · 07:55 PM
5 threads
17 posts
United States of America
What did you pick this thing up for?  Looks like a lot of fun!
#12July 24th, 2011 · 06:44 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Do you play it currently ? Some recordings? Or is it a decorative "sound-furniture"?
Doesnīt it fire ya fantasy /creativity / composerīs potential, no?
Sometimes I wish to hear something new from the musician "kings". Not only the wordsmith "kings" -although youīre one of the most creative writers I know. Donīt let the musician fall asleep, please.

U.L.I.
#13July 24th, 2011 · 08:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
UnitedEntity wrote…
What did you pick this thing up for?  Looks like a lot of fun!
LOL I found it  .... just like I found the water cooled pc tower I now use. 
#14July 24th, 2011 · 09:07 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
ULI wrote…
Do you play it currently ? Some recordings? Or is it a decorative "sound-furniture"?
Doesnīt it fire ya fantasy /creativity / composerīs potential, no?
Sometimes I wish to hear something new from the musician "kings". Not only the wordsmith "kings" -although youīre one of the most creative writers I know. Donīt let the musician fall asleep, please.

U.L.I.
WARNING joining a community brings you together !!

The same sort of concerns were voiced by Denis a few hours ago.

Yes it's sitting under the window still. The kids do have a bash sometimes .... but I'm not in any music making state of mind at all ... I have a family .... I have to make money ... music is a thing in times of peace or for those who have nothing else to do in times of war .... I'll be honest with you I feel like I'm on the front line fighting for the only thing that is really dear to me ... my kids.
And I have work coming to me from every direction .... so I do it ! 

Merry Christmas ....

#15July 24th, 2011 · 12:46 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
but I'm not in any music making state of mind at all
Schade   

kings wrote…
in times of peace...............times of war...............front line fighting
Very martial idioms.    Sounds like your "engineīs running at its limit".
Take care on yaself and stay healthy, my friend.  Donīt run into a burnout state.
Itīs a small edge to keep the balance on when requirements and expectations come from everywhere all the time .
On one hand itīs good to see youīre succeeding vocational and that ya company is growing. And the family also demands attention and has a good life.
On the other hand it means the loss of freedom, being oneself .
Yes, a small edge.................the hard phase of life..............

All the best to you and ya fam

U.L.I.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.