1 2
#16September 19th, 2008 · 05:02 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Good Point(s) TLS....
I'm all for anything that get the site back to way it use to be...
Seems like the donation thing didn't pan out all that well.
I agree. We do need something to get the site going at full speed again.

TheKunadiun...

Yes prizes use to be available to the winner of the monthly battle. Back then people use to vote a lot and there were tons of reviews everyday. The chat room was a cool thing also. There use to be a lot of activity going on in it. So many of us amper would be in there at one time and chat for a good amount of time. A lot of us would meet on Skype also.

Flyer
#17September 19th, 2008 · 10:20 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow theres like no-one on the chat hardly ever!

Even if we start taking ads, can we get like...a few ads that "we" select? We could have a vote or something on ideas on how people want to help get the site back in business. Like you could set it so the system wont let you post, review, or anything until you do the poll thing. Thatll get peoples opinions out there.

And then if the majority do say "lets take some ads" can we get "good" ads?
Like not of all the annoying garbage on some of these sites...
#18September 19th, 2008 · 10:24 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
But also, I feel if there is tooooo many ads, people will stop coming...like me.
For example go to my cousins blog site. He went crazy about making money and he got these ads that turned the words in his blogs to seperate links to different websites, and when you first go to the page, after about 5 to 10 seconds, it switches to this HUGE ad page, and then on the top right its like "Continue Back to Blog" or whatever and its just super annoying and I hate it.
I also cant stand pop-ups or pop-up adds... (roll over to enlarge and that garbage)
www.thebigguyconnor.blogspot.com
I dont want to whine to much about that...but above is the link of a good example of what not to do.
#19September 19th, 2008 · 01:38 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Oh, for sure, TheKunadiun (I can't call you TK, since that's TritonKeyboarder's nickname ) .  I'm in total accord with you.

I'm sure we'll have difficulty picking *specific* ads that would be shown on the site, but we could most certainly try to get specific ad genres.  My initial thought would be musical equipment, or maybe even those mastering groups that'll do up your music for a couple hundred.  I wouldn't expect everybody to use the services advertised, but if it's enough to bring in more people and to simultaneously fund some development time, then I'm game.

One final thought: Adding features to BandAMP is a super tough undertaking.  The code was all done so cryptically that nobody can figure it out very well.  I'd vote to have a code rewrite of BandAMP.  I would even volunteer to begin the effort.  I've got some ideas for how it could work out.  If anybody who's been around for a while agrees/is interested, I'll open a thread so we can talk about it.  I'm not interested in the "who gets paid" or "i want to be on a commitee" junk that we've all been through before.  How about we just DO IT.
#20September 19th, 2008 · 03:41 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey yeah this is a great idea. I have lots of HTML coding and CSS knowledge and can use Dreamweaver (and have it) so I would love to help out with this.
I need to build up experience and a portfolio to show people so then I can eventually start making money out of web design.
But I would love to help out with this (free of charge of course lol).
we shouldd get a whole team of developers on the amp together and make this as good as it can be
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.