fixed that point based on the discussion before
#2March 23rd, 2008 · 12:13 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: Only members can download MP3 now
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
fixed that point based on the discussion before

Great work TK! Keep at it, it's appreciated.
#3March 23rd, 2008 · 03:46 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
re: ..
FLYER7747 wrote…
There hasn't been a song that has qualifies in the last 3-4 battles...We have to think about restructuring our battle system...Battle's give incentive to musicians to be the best they can be...Since we have a donation kitty we could afford prizes for the competitors. 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. It doesnt have to be a extravagant award. We could even make it cash prizes. $15.00 for 1st ...$10.00 for 2nd and for 3rd place .. This way the money can be spent on something that the artist wants for themself. and at the end of the year we could present a award to the Artist's that has the the top rated Song for the year(highest rating) This way members will be encouraged to enter songs in the battles and to rate / vote on them...we can also give awards for the yr to best rated collaborated/individual songs...Just a few thought's here....

Flyer

Flyer
Can you please open a new thread? So everyone can discuss there about this theme...
#4March 23rd, 2008 · 05:22 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i just made a new thread concerning the matter, quoting flyer's post... so you can check there.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Feedback/8701.html
#5March 23rd, 2008 · 07:06 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
TK got to give it to you!!!!You're doing awesome!!!!
Hats off to you sir!!!!!!Thx a billion
#6March 24th, 2008 · 07:25 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TK.....silent but deadly !! 

Here's another hat for you!
#7March 24th, 2008 · 03:06 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Only members can download MP3 now
u a busy bunny........

lol

john

#8March 24th, 2008 · 06:30 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just a thought : Shouldn't the FAQ page be updated too, and anywhere else on the site where it states that "anyone can download songs" ?
#9March 25th, 2008 · 01:01 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
TK....How does this sound....To be able to Download a song...you have to have so many post/comments...lets say 30 post. There arent any requirements to download music.. This way, Bandamp won't be overloaded with non-contributing memeber's
Flyer
#10March 25th, 2008 · 03:16 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I believe that a special check-box is needed to make an mp3 free for download. So every member decides on his own. And after this is done the community discusses about that point that only members can download mp3 or the entire www. I think giving the responsibility to the site is not the way.
#11March 26th, 2008 · 08:19 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I like that idea even better Carsten
#12March 26th, 2008 · 08:46 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Just a thought : Shouldn't the FAQ page be updated too, and anywhere else on the site where it states that "anyone can download songs" ?

yeh, yeh... i'm working on that.  i've been slowly updating the confounded thing over the last few months.  i never find the time to just sit down and work on it.

just so an admin/mod knows, that faq needs some extra tailoring by one of you, for dynamic links.  for instance, bandamp used to use the my.bandamp.com domain to variably direct the user to his/her "My Home" page.  That was easy enough to put into the faq, but now the site needs your literal url, even to enter your own page.  thus, i'll need some admin help to either supply me with the php lines that insert such things via the php session's variables, or you can do it yourself
#13March 26th, 2008 · 12:30 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I believe that a special check-box is needed to make an mp3 free for download. So every member decides on his own. And after this is done the community discusses about that point that only members can download mp3 or the entire www. I think giving the responsibility to the site is not the way.

I also like this idea, let the artist decide how their work is shared.
But I thought you'd already made it so that only members could download?
#14March 27th, 2008 · 10:38 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
kings wrote…
TritonKeyboarder wrote…

I also like this idea, let the artist decide how their work is shared.
But I thought you'd already made it so that only members could download?

Sure I did it...
so what about two checks? one for members, one for all?
a checkbox for a listen my music only by members?

hey how many checks can we have on one screen? 

no seriously we have to think about such knobs and checks and buttons or whatever we can do on here
#15March 27th, 2008 · 10:50 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
first off TK you've been doing an excellent job, I knew you were the right man for the job right from the start.

Second of all I did write something in the earlier thread that TLS started, about checkboxes.

I think the total number of options is irrelevant to the importance of the options we need. So what options do we need?

I agree with download checkbox for members, checkbox for all.

I would also like to see general playability checkboxes for members and for all. This to respect both the site's tendency to make songs that have been in battles non-deletable and any possible copyright issues from the member side of things.

Keep it up TK ya doing great!
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:55 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.