1 2

#1August 11th, 2005 · 02:48 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Music Videos...
What do you guys think about having a music video competition? I think right now, it would be hard to get into making music videos... but might as well get in on this before anyone else does. I'm not entirely sure how it would work, but think it would be really kewl.
#2August 11th, 2005 · 03:40 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
that would be pretty cool. Could make a dvd to go with the CD, if 'heylittlelady2005' is doing that
#3August 11th, 2005 · 04:45 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
that may carry some possibility.  there may not be as many video entries if bandamp were to pursue it, but maybe the first of such a competition could have a longer duration so that it could catch on and get more entries?

thinking out loud.

it may be interesting... i won't be around much longer, but i'd support it trying to get off the ground!  i'd love to see that start to go somewhere.  uploading would be a nightmare though :P  i guess we can solve that sort of thing as it comes, eh?
#4August 11th, 2005 · 05:16 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
i won't be around much longer

Just curious, where are you going?
#5August 11th, 2005 · 05:36 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i'm moving to canada for 2 years, and i'm leaving about everything behind while i'm up there i plan on coming back to my music and everything, but i won't be able to really work on it during that time.  i head off september 27th, so i've got a little while left, but not much!
#6August 11th, 2005 · 05:53 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
do you have a computer there, or be in any contact with us whatsoever? Well that should be fun, congrats! Well anyways, I think that's an awesome idea but it does have bugs. The uploading would be murder. But it's definately something to work towards. Even if we didn't quite get a dvd or something we could possibly make a small lot of vids of each other performing and sent it in to local TV programs. I dunno how hard it is to get on TV with other states or countries but it's not too hard around here...just need some $$$. But that would be great exposure.
#7August 11th, 2005 · 06:35 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i agree.

i'll only be able to write letters from where i'll be.  like... real letters.  like the kind that we had to use before email :P

hehe, i'll be keeping a somewhat-regular little journal (hopefulyl with some picutres too) while i'm gone on my "band" website.  i'm still writing the perl scripts for it so that someone back home can do the updating for me, but eventually, that'll be my plan.

so, no i won't really have a computer to work from at all.  and i'll be busy trying to learn french better than i currently do (which isn't much, but hey.)

actually, by technicality, i can recieve emails, but i can't really reply to them.  i can send letters where ever i feel like it, but my computer access will be little-and-almost-zero to none.

and thus is the reason why i can't spend ages on my songs, b/c i just dont' have the time!  hehe.

oh yeah.  videos.  um yeah.  the upload would be a monster pain.  as time goes on, more and more people get broadband connections, but many still don't.  i still like the idea though.

there would have to be some techinical processing on the recieving end (a bandamp server) that oughtta re-encode all recieved videos under single codec for the sake of flexibility on the user end.

i ahve no idea what sort of tv station (if any at all) down here wher ei live that would play something out of a favor :P  except daytime KET, hehe.  so yes, that would mean some money

but hey, as time goes on, maybe some of these other projects will take wind...?  like the tour idea?  or possibly even the radio stuff.  either way, exposure is wonderful.  at that point, some sort of raised sponsorship for bandamp could set in.  i'd hate to turn BandAmp into another MySpace (despite how BIG that is... if any of you use myspace, you'll understand my comment) but that sort of thing would be wonderful

sometimes us musicians need an extra nudge to get us into the air!  i think that the video idea would be a decent idea for trying to increase participation.  it could also add a new aspect to bandamp, something more visually artistic.  perhaps bandamp could branch out and also try to include the people who are more producer-type peoples, rather than the actual music makers with the guitars and lyrics.  then we could have two types of groups that could sort of build off of each other, one for the music exposure, and the other for the video-skills or whathaveyou.
#8August 11th, 2005 · 03:06 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
well i'm all for the idea and that's a real shame you won't be here for 2 yrs!!! It'll be a little quieter...*a little*. lol well we'll miss you
#9September 4th, 2005 · 09:49 PM
11 posts
United Kingdom
Just new here so dont jump on me when i say how about m-pegs of bedroom performance instead of full on vids
#10September 13th, 2005 · 04:12 AM
14 threads / 12 songs
76 posts
Indonesia
Music video (MV) to me : priceless...

Millions even Zillions of people watch tv...so, if u got a MV, your face, music and voice will be viewed by lots of lots of people around the world...thank to Mtv....=P

Hopefully i can make 1 or 2...hahaha....joke! 
#11March 10th, 2006 · 06:46 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
How many of you guys would actual submit Music Videos?

I think that is the real question... It would be awesome to have videos, but would the feature be used is completely another question. What do you think? Any of you guys mess with Video Cameras? Seems like most people can afford a cheap video camera now a days...
#12March 10th, 2006 · 07:06 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I am thinking of making one.. or at least trying it... I am sure PX would be interested in sending one in...  Like was already mentioned, to get it uploaded would be murder... You can convert it to .wmv instead of mpeg to get it smaller and easier to upload/download... but you lose quality... A music video in mpeg form would probably be about 70 megs...  in .wmv you can get it down to under 5 megs... but it is crappy..

Go to http://poppyshop.org and you will see what I have done there with video... There is a mid grade mpeg, but it is still pretty large, and .avi is even bigger...  so I am all for it... Just have to figure out how to do it...
#13March 10th, 2006 · 08:03 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Webcams??
Perhaps its possible to do something with webcams?
Just an idea(didnt work it out yet).
#14March 10th, 2006 · 08:22 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Yeah, that would be cool just to see the band playing even via a webcam.

I think divx is the smallest you can get a file... We could also just set up a torrent network, that would reduce the bandwidth to the website to zero. That might be nice. Though it would not be streamable...
#15March 11th, 2006 · 05:22 AM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
talking of webcams.....
...there's a band over here in the UK who were getting national TV coverage this week for their idea of doing live gigs from their basement broadcast live to the net via webcam. Current audience stats 62,000 and growing!

Their webcam link is: http://www.sandithom.com/diary.php
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.