1 2

#1June 1st, 2007 · 02:47 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
DEAR ADMINISTRATION
Ok, what is the deal with the battle?  How is it that a song from 2 years ago is competing with songs that were

entered this month?  Of course, the song entered 2 years ago won!!!  Why, cause it had 2 years to collect votes!!!

Something is not right here!!!  The song that won did not compare (no offense) to the others in the top 4.  And

then another song listed as having won had only 15 votes!!!!!  WHAT IS GOING ON???  I know im not the only

one that is disgruntled over the whole deal?  Something must be done!  I think the battle is an awesome concept

but if I can sit back for a couple of months and collect votes and then enter and compete against songs that were

just entered then Ill win everytime!  Shouldnt recent songs compete with recent songs, etc.  I know this much, it

feels rigged.  im not going to compete anymore until there is some resolution.  I just dont think things are right.
#2June 1st, 2007 · 02:53 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Agreed.

Solutions?  Use a proper voting system that isn't site-wide.  It should be specific to the battle. And shouldn't work in the dodgy way that is implemented now.

How about this?

There are "rounds" where everyone who wants to, votes for ONE song per round.  Bottom (e.g.) 50% are knocked out.  And so on and so forth.  Say 5 days per round.  Once the round is over, the next one begins with the same rules.

I honestly don't see the motivation to maintain the current system that so few people seem to be happy with.  I've heard from a few people that there is going to be no change no matter what.

Maybe this time the administration can grace my presence and actually answer my queries.
#3June 1st, 2007 · 02:53 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
W.T.F.????
Can someone explain what happened with this month's battle?
I thought Fish and Map Should have really been in first and
second place!! but the two that did win have had their songs
listed and being voted on for over a year and over two years
now!!!  is that really how it should go? let your song sit and
collect enough votes then enter it? or as the one song, it didn't
even get but 15 total votes!!  I suggested that if songs had
been listed for over three months they should be exempt
without being re-produced in some manner then uploaded
again..  look at the percentages of how many times the songs
were viewed to how many votes received....  

Please remove two of my songs from this server.. "How
Can I go On Believing" and "So Many Tears"..  I make
that in the form of a formal request!!! 

Blueyes - Danny
#4June 3rd, 2007 · 01:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Man, the voting system works with an average rating points, so it doesn't matter if you have 1000 or 20 votes, cause you can have 1000 50% rating votes or you can have 20 100% votes, so it doesn't matter the quantity of votes but it really matters the XX% of the votes, and that related with the quality of you work, not the time that has been up here in the site.

> Iszil
#5June 4th, 2007 · 02:33 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
so you're saying
you can have a year and two years of votes
and that is fair to the ones that just put their
songs up at the beginning of that month's battle??
  Please remove those two songs I requested...
I'm not asking because of the battle, I am asking
because of a possible contractual conflict it may
cause now that I have singed off on those two..
I was asked to get them down due to conflict
of interest..

thanks for understanding!

Danny
#6June 4th, 2007 · 12:25 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Iszil, do me a favor and listen to the track that won and then listen to the songs that were in 2nd thru 4th place!  There is no comparison!  The winner sounds like MAYBE a noodle at best!  (No offense to the artist, its just an opinion)  Now if the battle is a way for the quality to float to the top then it is not serving its purpose.  Regardless,  Go ahead and enter the battle, Iszil.  It should be getting easier and easier for you to win between the obvious unfairness and the fact that more and more Ampers are refusing to participate.  Ive heard rumor that there is someone about that may be able to write a better version of the battle...  Maybe he'll put it up somewhere and we can all do our battling there.
#7June 4th, 2007 · 03:13 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
hmm
Well I'm looking for the winners of the May battle and I don't see it posted anywhere. If I go to "browse" and look at current battle it's the June/2007 and the next previous battle is April/2007.

On the old site it stated that you could either enter your song right away, or let it sit and collect votes... It does not state that on the new site, or at least I have not found it yet.......Maybe they should put that back up, or change it.  If you know ahead of time that you will be battling songs that have been on here for awhile, you might decide to let your song sit some too.

It's not like your gonna win a car or something........A free sight to collab....exchange ideas....... upload songs........ at no cost to you.....no pop ups......no ads or spam......... hmmm sounds pretty f'n cool to me.  I think IZ is right, that  they go by the overall average of your votes. You may have x amount of  votes,  as with most songs some will like it,... some won't,...  so you may have a few high votes,.... a few medium votes,.... and a few low votes.... they are supposed to go by the average score % of all of your votes .  If you didn't win, it's either because you didn't get enough votes, or your avg % was too low ( this all under the assumption that the voting system is  up and working correctly).
#8June 4th, 2007 · 03:58 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yeah, Im prolly getting all bent out of shape for nothing, but I firmly believe that competition breeds innovation and if the competition is a bust then what keeps us trying?
#9June 6th, 2007 · 02:56 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I stopped battling after a collab I did with Takaminerbb13 won, but we never received our prize.  Not that the prize is all that important - but - it's a nice token of a battle won.  I'd be happy with a little sticker that says "I won the Bandamp music battle" or something like that.  I believe it is important to deliver on what is promised.  Yes, I realize Mud funds this whole site on his own, and is an extremely busy guy - and I totally appreciate the forum he has created for us.  I just don't really like to think I'm going to win something, then not get it.  Anyways, this may all be a mute point, since I believe the promise of prizes for battle has been removed (?).
#10June 7th, 2007 · 11:13 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I'm Confused..
Checking the May Battle, the winner was PuppetXeno's song "Walking Close" which was uploaded in APril of 2007.. That is the one that is showing as 1st place, http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/4767.html The entire battle is here: http://browse.bandamp.com/2007-05-01.html?order_by=votes&order=DESC  Unfortunately it isn't showing up in the archive properly. But the winner is PuppetXeno, followed by Swordfish's "Crossing the states" and then Blueyes' "So many tears".. 4th is Your song MAP, "Theory of M"..  So, all of the top 4 songs were uploaded in that last couple months.. Except Swordfish's which was uploaded in March..  The song uploaded 2 years ago, came in 8th place. The others from last year,  have no rating at all, except Toxman's which came in 7th.. So, which battle are you looking at?  Cuz I am cornfused.. 

JimK
#11June 7th, 2007 · 12:46 PM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
this thing...
is all messed up Jim.. here is a print screne I just
captured off the link you gave me.. you tell me
it's not appearing correctly... again, this is not
about myself winning first place.. this is about
songs showing up in the battle that have dates
of a year, two years and even four years ago..
I kept saying three months, or if not then if
it's been online longer, it should be redone,
or at the very least, re-uploaded...

blessings

Dan - Blueyes..

p.s. here's that pic.. tell me what is wrong
with this picture?? use to love to be able
to use that line.. now it's my other fav'd
catch phrase...  I sskyped it to you...
#12June 7th, 2007 · 04:56 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: this thing...
Blueyes wrote…
is all messed up Jim.. here is a print screne I just
captured off the link you gave me.. you tell me
it's not appearing correctly... again, this is not
about myself winning first place.. this is about
songs showing up in the battle that have dates
of a year, two years and even four years ago..
I kept saying three months, or if not then if
it's been online longer, it should be redone,
or at the very least, re-uploaded...

blessings

Dan - Blueyes..

p.s. here's that pic.. tell me what is wrong
with this picture?? use to love to be able
to use that line.. now it's my other fav'd
catch phrase...  I sskyped it to you...

The listing only shows them in order of post date, that is it. Yes, I have always said it shouldn't be that two year old songs are allowed in battle. I think that is crazy, it should be new songs only. BUT, what I was confused about was the statement that the top winner in the battle(which is what Mind's At Play posted in his initial post) was 2 years old. The top 4 were all posted within a couple months of the Battle..  That is why I was confused. I have long been an advocate of revamping the battle. PuppetXeno and I came in1st and second in rating percentage one month, but then all of a sudden, the number of votes got screwed up, and we  somehow no longer had enough votes to get a rating, so we lost our spots, it had actually showed us as #1 and #2 in the battle, but then the system freked out, and we no longer had the rating showing. Someone else got the #1 and #2 spots. That is when I really decided to stop entering the battles myself, until this could be fixed. I do like the idea of doing "rounds". I think that will make it more fair across the board, and eliminate some of the inconsistencies. I also think it should be limited to 2 months old or newer. Nothing over 60 days old should be allowed to be entered.
#13June 8th, 2007 · 02:46 AM
37 threads / 19 songs
618 posts
United States of America
JimK
Bro, what would it take to get songs previously
used in the battle, removed from the system?
if someone might have a chance to put their
songs under contract, and the people offering
the contract has a list of compliances, in which
any song being listed anywhere may be a conflict
of interest, and may cause one to loose any hope
of working with that company?? 

I really need "How Can I Go On" and "So Many
Tears" removed if I could get it please???

blessings,

Dan
#14June 8th, 2007 · 07:13 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: JimK
Blueyes wrote…
Bro, what would it take to get songs previously
used in the battle, removed from the system?
if someone might have a chance to put their
songs under contract, and the people offering
the contract has a list of compliances, in which
any song being listed anywhere may be a conflict
of interest, and may cause one to loose any hope
of working with that company?? 

I really need "How Can I Go On" and "So Many
Tears" removed if I could get it please???

blessings,

Dan

Done...  They are removed!   Good luck bro

JimK
#15June 8th, 2007 · 09:21 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
d00d, I never knew I won with that song! Is it legit tho that the recording itself dates from some years back? lol

anyway all this dabbling about the battling without anything actually happening is rather tiresome.

I am planning on launching another Remix contest soon though... This time with a little bit more advertisement around it. I do give away prizes for the first 3 places (T shirts, out my own pocket). Once again if you want to have something done right you gotta do it yourself. Why I do it? Remixes of my own work, I learn a lot from seing how other people interpret the stuff I know so well myself. And it really doesn't cost that much at all sending out T-shirts to the winners.

Maybe a idea for others aswell i dunno. I know tho that I've gone off topic
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.