#1February 1st, 2009 · 03:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Merry Christmas Bandamp !!!!! Is That Ok Kings? :) ?????????
Um! No it's not OK any more!
It's February !!!!!

Mods : What about doing a 'featured artist' page , a thread with a little information about a particular member , a link to their Music page , Home Page , Links Page , if it exists A MeowMachine Interview, some 'personal' links you might know and maybe even direct links to some of their 'better' tracks.
This could then be displayed on the Front Page for a month , or two.....or three..... bandAmp can be a bit slow sometimes!
If members know a bit more or want to 'have their say' about the member, they can in that thread. 
#2February 1st, 2009 · 08:07 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Sounds good to me. :]
#3February 1st, 2009 · 09:34 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
second that!!!!
#4February 3rd, 2009 · 02:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: Merry Christmas Bandamp !!!!! Is That Ok Kings? :) ?????????
kings wrote…
It's February !!!!!

Mods : What about doing a 'featured artist' page , a thread with a little information about a particular member , a link to their Music page , Home Page , Links Page , if it exists A MeowMachine Interview, some 'personal' links you might know and maybe even direct links to some of their 'better' tracks.
This could then be displayed on the Front Page for a month , or two.....or three..... bandAmp can be a bit slow sometimes!
If members know a bit more or want to 'have their say' about the member, they can in that thread.  ;)

Yeah sorry there's going to be a post of the upcoming rework of BandAMP on the front page but I've been busy doing a lot of other stuff, so I just kinda didn't get to write it. But feel free to write one with links to TLS's posts in The Pit so everyone can make suggestions etcetera. I''ve got a lot to do for the next couple of weeks and usually I'm too knackered to do anything when I finally get to log on..
#5February 3rd, 2009 · 01:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: Merry Christmas Bandamp !!!!! Is That Ok Kings? :) ?????????
PuppetXeno wrote…
kings wrote…
It's February !!!!!

If members know a bit more or want to 'have their say' about the member, they can in that thread.  ;)

Yeah sorry there's going to be a post of the upcoming rework of BandAMP on the front page but I've been busy doing a lot of other stuff, so I just kinda didn't get to write it. But feel free to write one with links to TLS's posts in The Pit so everyone can make suggestions etcetera. I''ve got a lot to do for the next couple of weeks and usually I'm too knackered to do anything when I finally get to log on..

That's also good. As long as it's not Merry Christmas !! lol
Very good to give TLSs thread some more attention, we might even get some good suggestions.
I might even try my hand at some 'Featured Artists' pages......well see.
#6February 3rd, 2009 · 02:55 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Would it be possible to bring in someone with a bit more time and less to do as a mod?  I know that Jim has a lot going on and apparently so does PX... seems logical to me to elect someone who is here a lot more often and knows how to make updates to the site... Kings perhaps? Someone of his ilk?  I think this is something we should seriously consider... How about TLS?  Another question...will things remain the same after the switch to TLS' amp?  Or are we/can we revamp the organizational structure?  Seems to me that it wont really be the old amp any longer...
#7February 9th, 2009 · 12:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)

Ilk??? You leave my ilk out of this!!! Got nothing to do with you....you've got a perfectly good ilk of your own !

Is there such a status as 'Demi Mod' or something ?
Tis true Minds, I am among the 'very sad' who do try and 'pop in' to the Amp every day.....if I can.

If I were 'officially' asked, I'd accept. And I'd also suggest someone 'States Side'.....to keep the balance and the tradition.
TLS being indeed a perfect candidate.
But I do think an Administrator is necessary to make a Mod, as in a Mod cant make a Mod......I think.
#8February 9th, 2009 · 01:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
As a moderator, you cannot make any changes to the amp.. all you can do is edit, move, or delete posts, and ban users...  That's really it...  It's more like the Janitors of the site...  And Yes, though I am fairly busy, as is PX.. We both do try to keep an eye on things here, even when we aren't really able to participate allot..  I know I myself sneak in and delete spam and ban members every so often...  Sometimes, you don't even know They or I was even here... As for changes and fixes to the site, TritonKeyboarder has been doing that, but now I know he is busy opening his own business, so he won't have as much time to do it right now...  I personally want to thank him for his hard work... He has been fantastic..  Though, I don't know what really needs fixed right now.. all seems to be running as smoothly as can be for this system...  The new system should hopefully be done soon, and TLS is doing a great job on it... As far as the Admin of the new site, that is something I think should be decided as a group. I will always be available if you want me to be, to do whatever you want/need of me..  I truly love this site, and will never turn away from my friends here.  So, I think once TLS is getting close to completion, at that time, we should start deciding who will do what, and I think TLS should stay as the main site programmer/admin as it is his baby, so to speak... from there, we can decide on backup's to him, and moderators, and such..  I would like to suggest, that if it does take off a bit, we talk about doing some ad sponsorship..  Not allot, but stuff like "Lyrics Review brought to by Guitar Center" Something like that...  What do you think?
#9February 9th, 2009 · 01:51 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
We both do try to keep an eye on things here, even when we aren't really able to participate allot..  I know I myself sneak in and delete spam and ban members every so often...  Sometimes, you don't even know They or I was even here...

True all true like right now I only signed on to confirm this I often go over the forums quickly to see if things are in order, even when I am not going to listen or review (or log in). I browse the forums on my mobile phone when away from home even! Isn't mobile internet cute.

Anyway,

What Jim said.

We still need a front page post about TLS's upcoming rework, anyone care to write it?

Cheers
#10February 9th, 2009 · 05:17 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Though, I don't know what really needs fixed right now..
Did you read the top o the page, Jim?

Thats the kind of stuff im talking about... How long did the Merry Christmas thing sit on the front page? And how long has the Rock n Roll challenge been over? That was done in June of last year!!!  This place gathers dust like no other... I'd like to see someone who can stay on top of announcements and news and such... even if its to profile a member, something.... I get depressed looking at the same sh*t (i mean, stuff) everyday...
#11February 10th, 2009 · 11:13 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
I would like to suggest, that if it does take off a bit, we talk about doing some ad sponsorship..  Not allot, but stuff like "Lyrics Review brought to by Guitar Center" Something like that...  What do you think?
I think it would be better keeping questions and suggestions to one thread :
http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/14556.html TLSs TORT
or even
http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/2887.html#id7755 Ms Idea Thread.
This is linked to a post in the thread.......did anyone take the guy up on his offer ?

BTW You both popped up out of the wood work very quickly then as well!    
#12February 10th, 2009 · 02:01 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
yeah
I was mainly trying to make the point that we are here even when you don't think we are...  I use my phone allot for keeping an eye on it...  It's quick easy, and I can do it while I'm runnin... As for the front page, it has been lacking in new content for sure... If anyone would be interested in doing a Featured Member profile like I used to do, I will be happy to set them up on the front page.. I used to go to the blogs, and get information from there on users that had some exciting new information.. No real rhyme or reason, I would randomly choose someone, from the recent blogs, and do a little write up to get people to check their blog, profile and music..

So, if you want it, cool... I may do one up real quick when i have a second.. But it would be nice if we had someone who did this regularly, who was better with writing article type posts...

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.