Canada
syntax error does not compute
#17January 7th, 2009 · 03:51 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TheKunadiun wrote…
syntax error does not compute

Ok maybe "correct syntax" is a bit too technical, how about replacing that for "use"? It's not that bloody important anyway.
#18January 7th, 2009 · 06:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PuppetXeno wrote…
kings wrote…
@TK ...Yes but No

He is not talking about the 'text formatting' he's talking about the  'image' , 'link' and 'quote' buttons.
A lot of people dont realise they can make links other than the address etc ,...read post#6
It's not that bloody important anyway!
It was something I saw on another site and at the time somebody here was (still) not understanding how to use the bbcode properly......... c'est la vie , Ksera whatever.

This thread went pear shaped very quickly anyway!!!

Yeah I got it now (i didn't really read this thread because some people posted completely off topic stuff to it. I hate it when they do that).

Kings, there will always be people who won't have the slightest clue about how to use the bbcode properly. I didn't know it when I first came here, because I didn't have much experience with posting to forums in general... but I'm smart enough to do my own research and I learned quickly. I don't think the img/link/quote buttons require additional text in there, because it'll only get in the way of the experienced user (on the other side I don't think the experienced user will use the buttons at all). But why not put the correct syntax in the floating text when you hover your mouse over the button! Like..

"Insert a Link
CORRECT SYNTAX:
[ url=http://yourlinkgoeshere]description[ /url]"

like so?
Yes! And thats a very good idea!
Now thats being out there , cheers PX.
But it will have to be put before TLS for it to get somewhere.
#19January 8th, 2009 · 02:17 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Is the doing going on? and on? and on? and on?

and on?
#20January 9th, 2009 · 04:14 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
PuppetXeno wrote…
I do believe we used to have more text edit buttons if that's what you mean?

no, he wants to have that once you pressed for example. the 'B' button for bold text the software writes more description for the common user like:

[ b]delete this and put your bold text here[ /b]

not only this simple [ b][ /b]
Sorry TK I just checked out this thread again and saw where I mislead you, I did say bold underlined italic ...... It was NOT what I meant ..............I did mean Link Image Quote !
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: July 27th, 2024 · 12:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/bandamp/sess_rtcqih3eusnf9p88nuujb5jns6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/bandamp) in Unknown on line 0