1 2

#1December 13th, 2008 · 08:38 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Is there anybody out there.....?
Could someone with access to the site code go to line 77/78 in the editors.js file , which is to be found in bandamp.com/scripts/ btw, and add to the doCmd(cmd) an '=PUT LINK HERE' or '=PUT IMAGE ADDRESS HERE' or '=PUT NAME OF QUOTED MEMBER HERE AND DELETE THIS' or anything that would explain to users HOW to use the code WHILE they are using it.
Even just an = sign would suffice...
I'm not going to start posting code , the people who know what I mean ..... know what I mean 

LOL looking at the doCmd function it seams that there is a "color" command we cannot use, if we had a button we could type a colour , high-light it, click the button and it would automatically add the code around it. (which would render the enclosed text that colour)
And would you believe it there is an = sign and a +arg1+ within that command !!!!!!!
#2December 13th, 2008 · 12:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Wow I have no idea what you just said but I completely agree! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE PEOPLE!!! AN OUTRAGE!!!

But you know TLS is fixing it so...you know...
#3December 13th, 2008 · 04:31 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Is there anybody out there.....?
I'm here mate....LOL, but I haven't got a clue what your saying... He He

Good luck TLS, I know you can do it even with your eyes closed.

Denis
#4December 13th, 2008 · 05:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I suppose I only have my self to blame...........you sarcastic bunch of cowpats!!! 

It's about the bbcode we use to add things to posts : Bold Underlined Link
When you click the buttons and get the bits of code in your comment text. Well it is possible to make it 'print' more text/code that would make it easier for users to understand how it works properly!
#5December 14th, 2008 · 08:35 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
hmmm I think the description how to use that buttons must to be a bit more as a simple =

Because there are two ways to use these "action" buttons
1. first click to place the tags in the box and then type your text
2. first write and then mark the text and then click the action button

what would you like to explain?
#6December 14th, 2008 · 03:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Not only do a lot of new members but also a lot of old members still dont know how to use the bbcode properly.

That
[quote=THIS IS WHERE YOU NAME THE QUOTED MEMBER]Some interesting gibberish[/quote]
and that
[img]AN IMAGE NEEDS A FULL ADDRESS HERE - HTTP://blablabla [/img]
and most importantly that a
[link=LINK ADDRESS GOES HERE]And that the link text can go here[/link]

Which ever way you use the buttons, adding an = in the right place in the java file will print it (=) along with the code.
#7December 26th, 2008 · 02:41 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Is there anybody out there.....?
Does this mean we are ENGAGED

#8January 5th, 2009 · 05:26 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well, I think if we are going to categorize, even in the name of organization, It should be in the most general terms possible...i.e Rock, Electronica, Jazz, Country, etc...  I could live with that...
#9January 6th, 2009 · 02:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I do believe we used to have more text edit buttons if that's what you mean?
#10January 6th, 2009 · 02:15 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Off-semi-In-topic:

Could you make the BandAMP player with an "embed" option, like in Youtube, so you can insert a player of whatever song you want in whatever site you will.
Just an idea.

> Iszil
#11January 6th, 2009 · 02:25 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
PuppetXeno wrote…
I do believe we used to have more text edit buttons if that's what you mean?

no, he wants to have that once you pressed for example. the 'B' button for bold text the software writes more description for the common user like:

[ b]delete this and put your bold text here[ /b]

not only this simple [ b][ /b]
#12January 6th, 2009 · 11:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
@TK ...Yes but No

He is not talking about the 'text formatting' he's talking about the  'image' , 'link' and 'quote' buttons.
A lot of people dont realise they can make links other than the address etc ,...read post#6
It's not that bloody important anyway!
It was something I saw on another site and at the time somebody here was (still) not understanding how to use the bbcode properly......... c'est la vie , Ksera whatever.

This thread went pear shaped very quickly anyway!!!
#13January 6th, 2009 · 02:49 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
pears taste fine!
#14January 7th, 2009 · 12:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Oo! Stoofperen....MMMMM!
And it's the weather for it now too!
#15January 7th, 2009 · 01:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
@TK ...Yes but No

He is not talking about the 'text formatting' he's talking about the  'image' , 'link' and 'quote' buttons.
A lot of people dont realise they can make links other than the address etc ,...read post#6
It's not that bloody important anyway!
It was something I saw on another site and at the time somebody here was (still) not understanding how to use the bbcode properly......... c'est la vie , Ksera whatever.

This thread went pear shaped very quickly anyway!!!

Yeah I got it now (i didn't really read this thread because some people posted completely off topic stuff to it. I hate it when they do that).

Kings, there will always be people who won't have the slightest clue about how to use the bbcode properly. I didn't know it when I first came here, because I didn't have much experience with posting to forums in general... but I'm smart enough to do my own research and I learned quickly. I don't think the img/link/quote buttons require additional text in there, because it'll only get in the way of the experienced user (on the other side I don't think the experienced user will use the buttons at all). But why not put the correct syntax in the floating text when you hover your mouse over the button! Like..

"Insert a Link
CORRECT SYNTAX:
[ url=http://yourlinkgoeshere]description[ /url]"

like so?
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.