1 2
#16April 9th, 2010 · 06:06 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TheKunadiun wrote…
I've been telling all my friends and anyone I see but heres the problem...they are like "pshhh why would i spend money on some crappy songs made in some guys basement"
BAH!!!

im trying denis im trying

I salute Effort!!

Perhaps you should encourage them to hear the music, tell them that the music is quality and well produced -  they may not buy it, but at least they can then judge the music for what it is, if they are impressed they may tell their family and other Friends you don't know,

Let us know how you get on, I'm not one for giving up a good cause, so let's keep on top of it and deal with any problems we face head-on.
#17April 9th, 2010 · 08:35 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden

Facepalm.
#18April 9th, 2010 · 01:23 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
I've been telling all my friends and anyone I see but heres the problem...they are like "pshhh why would i spend money on some crappy songs made in some guys basement"
BAH!!!

Man, I would say the same.

Well, here in Chile (almost) no one buys music on internet. Is not as usual as it's in N.A or Eu.
Anyway, I hope we have some luck with this...

> Iszil

You may agree with them, but you couldn't be any more wrong. There's a huge market for indie music, and every day 'crappy songs that were made in some guys basement' turn out to be huge mainstream songs, that gain huge followings. With that aside, I'll keep working to keep people to buy the album. We should sell a nice amount.

Yeah, well, I don't see any of the people I know turning crappy songs into mainstream hits. For that to happen you gotta make sure that kind of music gets to the "big fishes" in the music industry. I don't see that happening.

> Iszil
#19April 9th, 2010 · 02:58 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Iszil wrote…
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
BAH!!!

Well, here in Chile (almost) no one buys music on internet. Is not as usual as it's in N.A or Eu.

> Iszil

You may agree with them, but you couldn't be any more wrong. There's a huge market for indie music, and every day 'crappy songs that were made in some guys basement' turn out to be huge mainstream songs, that gain huge followings. With that aside, I'll keep working to keep people to buy the album. We should sell a nice amount.

Yeah, well, I don't see any of the people I know turning crappy songs into mainstream hits. For that to happen you gotta make sure that kind of music gets to the "big fishes" in the music industry. I don't see that happening.

> Iszil

That wasn't my point at all    If you're so anti-independent music, why are you here?
#20April 9th, 2010 · 06:27 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
fais54 wrote…
Iszil wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
BAH!!!

> Iszil

> Iszil

That wasn't my point at all    If you're so anti-independent music, why are you here?

Anti-Independent? What are you talking about?
And you really want me to aswer to "why I'm here?"... Come on!

> Iszil
#21April 9th, 2010 · 08:33 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
TheKunadiun wrote…
BAH!!!

I salute Effort!!

Perhaps you should encourage them to hear the music, tell them that the music is quality and well produced -  they may not buy it, but at least they can then judge the music for what it is, if they are impressed they may tell their family and other Friends you don't know,

Let us know how you get on, I'm not one for giving up a good cause, so let's keep on top of it and deal with any problems we face head-on. ;)

hey thanks man! im far from giving up i was just pointing out that it is a struggle. ive got a few of them to listen to the album and some have even gone on bandamp listening to the music so there is some interest...
and i think some will tell others...maybe even as a joke at first "hey man check out this album produced by a bunch of random guys all over the world isnt that funny" and then the people they tell take it seriously and buy the album and get into the bandamp spirit.

its a work in progress but we will meet trials
#22April 9th, 2010 · 09:20 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
distribution
The old saying " you can lead a horse to water"
We've been at it with our albums over the past 6 months and I gotta say the best results modest and all comes from the sale of CDz at live gigs. That plus the AMRAP mail out service which delivers to  radio community stations round the country...that was alot of postage stamp licking and cd mailer packing with print as well...runs into a little money when you figure at about $2 per pack plus you are giving those cds away.
Might get some royalties from air play e.g 0.05c per play ...yeee haaa big bickies there.
..picking up airplay getting feedback and doing feature radio interviews is the payoff.
Plus you can steer listeners to dig download shop.
But as we all know new music is pumping into he system at a incredible rate and after a week or so your brand new release is akin to yesterdays fish and chip wrappings.
Tis a cruel and beautiful world.
I can recall chatting to swordie about the concept of an itunes release of bandamp music 12 months ago..the strength I thought we had was the community of internet savy members blogging the Bjesus out of the release.
So as K man says don't give up. 

PS Am also curious as to why Isz is here...anyone with so much obvious ability should have moved on from this indie backwater ages ago.
#23September 14th, 2010 · 05:28 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Can I say that i can't find the album on the website here to hear it.

Secondly, and i know this is the first one isn't it and you're doing another, but:

a) have you thought about giving away a couple of the tracks as mpFrees with which you could garner some blog PR

b) have you thought about contacting some smaller online PR companies, explaining it is for charity and seeing if they'll whack a PR page out for you on the mailing list for free

c i) selling physical copies always works better at gigs for smaller DIY bands. Perhaps everyone who is on the album could support it by say buying 10 copies from you and recouping by selling them direct to friends and families.

c ii) i don't know how much you're selling them for, but we're releasing a CD by a band, a 4 panel digipack using reverse board that costs about £1 a unit and we're selling them for £6 + postage, £7 in shops and £5 at gigs. This is the value of CDs for smaller bands. If you sold them to those on the Cd for say £4 and they could sell them for £5 the extra £1 is an incentive for them to buy them in the first place. At the very least if there's 10 bands you'll sell 100. We have a similar arrangement with live session DVD EPs we do with bands, though we're a bit nuts and don't charge them upfront but wait until they sell them.

Just a couple of ideas, sorry to butt in.
#24September 15th, 2010 · 01:10 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
The album is on the very main page of the website.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:47 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.