1 2

#1February 23rd, 2010 · 06:32 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Relativity Media is calling for your music submissions.
To Admin.  Don't think i'm violating any rules as far as i know but please let me know if i am.  I just want to connect this contest with those who might be interested.  Once again, if there's another place this may go or if its a problem just say the word. 

Relativity Media is holding a new contest for musicians.  You have until April 12th to get your submissions in.  Head to the site for details. http://iamrogue.com/contests/show/13
#2February 23rd, 2010 · 07:29 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
polite spam?
#3February 23rd, 2010 · 07:34 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Nah, i'm serious.  I'm asking because i really don't know, its fine with some forums and not with others.  It's not like i'm coming in here trying to spam a free credit report or something.
#4February 23rd, 2010 · 08:36 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
as a (newly-appointed) moderator of this site, I can delete anything considered a nuisance to the site (including spam - no offense iamrogue). Having taken a look at this, (and being entirely ready to act if necessary) I am inclined to ask the opinion of other Bandampers on this issue? Any strong opinions?
#5February 23rd, 2010 · 08:54 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
None taken, Battle.  That will work out, as corny as it sounds i meant every word i said, i don't want to come in here and just spam nonsense, if some find interest in it, cool, if people hands down want it gone, then it would be serving no purpose for anyone and just cluttering Bandamp.  Thanks for your understanding and not deleting it outright.
#6February 23rd, 2010 · 10:13 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I think that this is an actual sincere member who wants to offer some cool stuff to bandamp. (if the member contributes more than just this one post for that one site...)

Welcome to the amp i say!
#7February 23rd, 2010 · 10:25 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Well imho it is clearly spam (first post and all ) but... this is what I like to call usefull spam.. they are not asking for any money to enter the contest.  It looks legit so far.  I think a tab or spot in the amp for useful links to stuff like this is warranted, or needed.  imho that is.
#8February 23rd, 2010 · 10:34 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
okay, thanks for your input, guys...that was what I was looking for... I recall some members in the past have noted that not all spam is bad and that there has been mention of a specific location for such material on the site in the past. I'll stay tuned in on this for a bit....
#9February 24th, 2010 · 02:30 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Very polite spam ! lol

We need a Marketplace forum...

Must apologize iamrogue for spamming your useful spam with site development ideas.........we're trying to get this wonderful little place to work better for us.   
#10February 24th, 2010 · 07:05 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Any ideas how the word SPAM started up, Other than eating it...lol
WELL CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT, SPAM, POLITE SPAM, SPICY SPAM, SMELLY SPAM,

If I was going to suggest anything to bandAMP.com the first thing I would do is get involved with the commuunity here, play an active part in it, check all the forums out, make comments, get involved.
And then and only then would I suggest anything. And if I did suggest anything it would be in the interest of the community.
#11February 24th, 2010 · 10:17 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I appreciate all the feedback. After some discussion here, it become apparent that it is probably in our best interest to address everyone who presents with any kind of solicitation by inviting them to participate as a member and not as a solicitor (or spammer), and if they ignore that request then they will be deleted. Mr iamrogue, it is expected that you will abide by that request with the consequence that your account will be deleted if you do not. Please understand that it is not our intention to be unwelcoming, we simply have to protect our community. Additionally, there is the distinct possibility that together, we might enjoy a harmonious relationship if you choose to participate. We might consider initiation of another thread (or to review past threads) to discuss what to do with solicitors (or spammers).
#12February 24th, 2010 · 10:18 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Notice how these threads get more posts than 'normal' threads.
We need to spend less time pouncing on these dudes , ok we do show them every time what a solid community we have.
But personally I'd like to see this stuff posted or moved to a Marketplace Forum (or some name like that) and that these dudes see what a sussed site we have as a solid community.
Members could then go to the thread and comment on what they are actually trying to sell / advertise and not about "how much we dont want them around" and "bad spammer" etc

Just like this community now is preparing to 'hit the internet' and "tell the world about bandAmp Vol 1", anyone making a single post in another sites forum about it, is a spammer!

So what I'm saying is that some people do go door to door, this guy was polite and came back politely a second time, he's probably one of the 3 judges, one of the interviewers or at least someone behind the site, so his time is spent on his site, I doubt he has time for bandAmp......a few have tried but it takes dedication to take a proper part in a site like bandAmp, it's such a tight community,  and these guys have concerns of their own.
What about Avi...god I miss him...but he is very busy with his own ventures and is becoming quite well known for it too I believe.

OK! That's it coffee break over back to work.....
#13February 24th, 2010 · 02:22 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
interesting discussion, and i call battlecat's deal a good one.  Gotta say kings' is right, you guys got a strong community here and it reflects in the polite diversity of thought on this thread.  Speaks well of BandAmp (and no i'm not just saying that to kiss up)
#14February 24th, 2010 · 04:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
iamrogue wrote…
interesting discussion, and i call battlecat's deal a good one.  Gotta say kings' is right, you guys got a strong community here and it reflects in the polite diversity of thought on this thread.  Speaks well of BandAmp (and no i'm not just saying that to kiss up)
Cool thank you.

So what is it then? are you going for the deal or do we have to kick your sniveling ass ?

#15February 25th, 2010 · 09:57 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Personnally I don't like people coming in, throw a link on here "visit my site so I can earn more $$$€€€".
These people should leave a clear comment, post cool statements to anyones music or lyrics or just say thank you that BandAMP exists.
I love those upcoming discussions "We need a new forum..." haha... cool go ahead
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 12:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.